Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    As a parent any parent that thinks their needs from their children entitle them top put their kids at severe physical risk need to be put in a cell and the door welled shut parent don't get to play that silly game at all
    We know she was wrong and acting irrationally, she realized that in the end. But the amount of stress going on with the F4 I am not surprised she is, I felt sorry for her when left alone and crying. She was lonely and wanted her daughter with her, that's understandable, and she didn't think it through, that happens. What would be interesting to see is what she does now from this, and I hope Malice has nothing to do with this.

Can you think of a safer place for Val to be than with doom? Val is the only kid that Sue and reed are responsible for that is relatively safe.

in Avengers Sue seems to have gone full on villain, Reed is being hunted down like a dog, and Franklin is the prisoner of thugs So Val is doing better than anyone else in her family.
    Like I said, I totally dig Val being with Doom. It's a great dynamic and is fun to read, but you gotta imagine Reed and Sue don't exactly think Doom is ever on the level with his intentions - so no matter how safe Val actually is, it is a little tough to fathom. I know it's folly to compare one writers run to another - but Reed and Sue weren't exactly happy that Val visited Doom's in the first place in an effort to help both him and the world (back in Hickmans run) much less stay there. There was a great scene after all the stuff with Celestials where they sat her down and disciplined her and it felt "real" in that super hero world sense.

Anyways.... I'm actually ok with glossing over it for fun stories. I'm mostly just not super into the way Robinson writes her or Sue. It's not bad but not my cup of tea.

As for Sue in Avengers - it's been one scene, so it's impossible to understand her full perspective. All I can glean is she is on the other side of a murky moral area from her husband - or perhaps she simply wants to know where he is, and that is a common goal right now for her and the Avengers/SHIELD. Far from "full on villain" - at least as far as we can tell now. Let the story unfold.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Might it be possible that we could be in for another marital split between Reed and Sue?

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

As a parent any parent that thinks their needs from their children entitle them top put their kids at severe physical risk need to be put in a cell and the door welled shut parent don't get to play that silly game at all
    So Val is acting more like an adult than Sue? You might just be right at that!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    We know she was wrong and acting irrationally, she realized that in the end. But the amount of stress going on with the F4 I am not surprised she is, I felt sorry for her when left alone and crying. She was lonely and wanted her daughter with her, that's understandable, and she didn't think it through, that happens. What would be interesting to see is what she does now from this, and I hope Malice has nothing to do with this.
    Sue realized that val was in the best place for now, I was manly speaking fo towards the fans that thought That Sue should force val to go with her and obey, even when obedience was the wrong thing. Unlike her recent appeance in the Avengers Sue doesn't come off as a dirt bag here, just confused and angry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Might it be possible that we could be in for another marital split between Reed and Sue?
    Maybe. If she didn't leave him after cw or wwh this might do it. Especially if she's being controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by zlbenson View Post
    Robinson writes her or Sue. It's not bad but not my cup of tea.

As for Sue in Avengers - it's been one scene, so it's impossible to understand her full perspective. All I can glean is she is on the other side of a murky moral area from her husband - or perhaps she simply wants to know where he is, and that is a common goal right now for her and the Avengers/SHIELD. Far from "full on villain" - at least as far as we can tell now. Let the story unfold.
    Beteen working for SHIELD and her dialog, full on villain seems about right to me. The yes you will. I Promise You WILL talk. Line is somethign approiate for Doom or perhaps Osborn. You can't makke that promise without being a full fledged villain, since only though evil can you make that promise come true.

This was almost like an essay on Victors Mother, the sorceress, and Vals mother, Malice. I was shocked to see that Malice had taken over Sue Richards again, and I am left wondering can Sue get the ascendancy again, after this set back to her aims to take Val from Victor. I think I saw Victor had a couple of times he could have killed Sue here and didn't, even though Val was whisked away into the village. The lethal blasts showering down on the village tells me Val wasn't put into a safe place as Sue thought, so it was Malice who was fighting that fight.

On the other hand, endangering her daughter aside, I was glad to see Malice again, but I am concerned as to what sent Sue over the edge like this, and could she come back from this? Will Robinson show Sue returning, to take over again? If Doom can see into Sues brain and know Sue and Malice are there together, then Sue has a mental problem that has to be fixed. The last time it was a slap by Reed, but I'm not sure it will work like that again, but you never know. I wonder if Reed is the same and would slap Sue again in these modern times?

On the issue of Malice, I wonder if she is a product of emotional stress and that Malice is a very brittle, childlike burst of anger that Sue always suppresses? If Malice is this unruly teenager, she isn't going to be all that formidable an opponent as Doom saw. Malice would be driven by the expression of frustration, which is apparent in hundreds of villains in the MU, and as such are susceptible to attacks, because she has no caution, and that is her Achilles heel.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-06-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Very good. Doom and Valeria continue to impress...poor Susan. Just can't get her way anymore.
    Not just that Sue can't get Val back, but that Sue needed the comfort and security of having one of her children with her, her only daughter. What does this do to Sue frustrated even further, now, that Val isn't even with her either? They are making the FF seem like abusive parents, and dysfunctional super heroes. Doom doesn't seem concerned with that. I blame the Avengers here. They swore to Sue and Reed to look into the reason their children were taken away, and they did nothing. Luke Cages child was missing and the Avengers went over the whole City and wouldn't stop. Now the Avengers do nothing. Despite Steve Rogers views on Reed, Steve should,have still pushed some doors down to find out who and why, like he did for Bucky in his trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have to admit I glanced at it so maybe it would read better with a full read, but I was too disappointed to really buy it so I put it back on the shelf. Malice again?
    Let's see, the team has broken up, someone's powers are gone and now Malice is back because someone is controlling Sue. Is there a plot from that past that isn't going to be recycled in this run? And really Doom has spent his adult life planning how to battle the FF, he's battled them as a group to a standstill but Sue still manages to knock him around a lot, even if one of his moves was countered by what ever is controlling her there should have been at least a few others that would have worked. I understand that this was a showcase for Sue, but I've seldom seen such a lopsided battle. This is the guy who's given the FF trouble over the years?
    I don't think any other person is controlling Sue besides Malice. If they did, Sue would have just grabbed Val,and stormed out of Latveria instead of crying and agreeing with Val.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Probably i am wrong,but i guess that Sue wasn't under the influence of Malice but it was simply mindgames from Doom to scare Val and stay with him,granting him a moral victory over the wife of accursed Richards...
    No, I think Sue channeled Malice here, because of her behavior being so childish

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The part that is debatable is where you said that Sue can't shake off Malice due to events overwhelming her. Reed indirectly was the catalyst by providing the event i.e triggering her anger. Seeing that she frightened her own child that should have done it also.
    Yes I suppose Sue can shake off Malice with a sudden shock, as she seemed to at the end of this issue. What I would question is whether Sue can keep that control as situations progress?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Not just that Sue can't get Val back, but that Sue needed the comfort and security of having one of her children with her, her only daughter. What does this do to Sue frustrated even further, now, that Val isn't even with her either? They are making the FF seem like abusive parents, and dysfunctional super heroes. Doom doesn't seem concerned with that. I blame the Avengers here. They swore to Sue and Reed to look into the reason their children were taken away, and they did nothing. Luke Cages child was missing and the Avengers went over the whole City and wouldn't stop. Now the Avengers do nothing. Despite Steve Rogers views on Reed, Steve should,have still pushed some doors down to find out who and why, like he did for Bucky in his trial.
    The Avengers are lapdogs/Goon Squad for the folks that took Sues kids, Cap was simply pretending he gave a damn.

BANNED

Not reading FF, but I was reading new avengers. my question is why the susan and Reed daughter lives with Doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Not reading FF, but I was reading new avengers. my question is why the susan and Reed daughter lives with Doom?
    Becasue with Doom Val is dafter tha she would be in the US, SHield has Frankilin and the Ff kids in custodynot really a safe place. To get to Val you now have to come through Doom.