Super Moderator

Default Mighty Mjolnir - The Odd Powers of Thor's Hammer

We all know it can call down the lightning and help Thor fly, but did you know that that's only scratching the surface of Mjolnir's abilities!

Full article here.

It seems to me Thor is a magician. Whatever he thinks can happen he can make people believe it happens. Nothing to do with Mjolnir. I don't think Thor has the sophistication to do all the precise manipulations described here, and because his victims always come bac later, like the Absorbing man and the Super Skrull, none of it tricks Thor uses works in the long term.

I think Thor does it all with spell casting. Just by the way he talks, and how he invokes Odin in a lot of those sequences, it says Thor had the connection to Odin that allowed him to generate any power he wished for. After a time, Thor fell out with Odin, and Thor was reduced to just his own abilities and that's why we don't see Mjolnirs abilities as versitile as it used to be.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-01-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

This is why you gotta love comics. It won't be long until we find out that Mjolnir is really a Beyonder trapped in uru metal form. Asgard's first Cosmic Cube on a popsicle stick.