Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    and besides, BOLT NIPPLES.
    Nipple Electrodes, more likely. Not much chance of his chest falling off, what?

Excellent news.

Will be getting into the mood before then by reading the original novel (with the Lynd Ward illustrations).

Of course, I watch all the Universal Studios films (plus Mel Brooks' pastiche) every October.

Update: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56137

So looks like it is the Marquis! As well as those vampire bat faced fancy folk from the Universal Machine.

Well, for me it seems the MTV interview (as linked to in this threads' opening post) paints the most promising or most knowledgeable seeming picture on what this book is going to be.

As most of the reviews for instance appear unaware of how the Marquis Adoet de Fabre or the Hollow Earth-concept wouldn't be new to the Mignolaverse. Then again it would seem a good sign if this book could spark interest not only toward well-read enthusiasts but anyone more rather.

What has been intriguing me the most about this 5-part story would be how it will be to form "a huge key to the mystery".

Or how the Dark Horse press release introducing this title (http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1857/m...underground-20) reads:

[Mike Mignola:] "It’s an odd one, but ultimately will add an important new wrinkle to the Hellboy/B.P.R.D. world."
    and:
    [Scott Allie:] "The monster takes the reader through some of the biggest mysteries of the Mignolaverse, shedding new light on important stuff we’ve only touched on before."
    For me the Frankenstein monster seems very kindred to how visual both as enigmatic many of the Mignolaverse characters seem. They're instantly recognizable but quite paradoxical at the same time. Frankenstein's monster looks pretty monstrous and his maker deems him as only fit for horror whereas the monster more rather proves himself a self-reflective and even eloquent existentialist both as a hopeful romantic - as if the horror or fear for the monster is meant to happen due to the not knowing what 'it' could come to be doing or thinking.
    As a lot of those elements seem to fit Hellboy as a character too quite a bit. How expectation for the reader might prove a curse both as a blessing for the storytelling and imaginativeness to come to be to develop, for itself both as in spite of itself.
    Hellboy, or either Abe, or Sir Edward, Liz, Roger, Johann - all of these seem enigmatic or decidedly their own characters in ways. Making for such vivid and lively exploits.
    Where the Frankenstein monster seems comprized of parts or looks as being identifiably unique to him, the same could be said for so many of the Mignolaverse characters. Although for both story worlds it appears imperative how things wouldn't neededly be what they'd seem at a mere glance?

I'm greatly looking forward to how this one is gonna add to the mix.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 02-21-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    I'm greatly looking forward to how this one is gonna add to the mix.
    You should. It really is fantastic. And Ben Stenbeck is doing his best work yet. I have nothing but praise for this book.

Amazing Member

Agreed. The story as well art are taking the beloved character to realms that are nothing short of brilliant.Cannot wait for more!

Part 1 and Part 2 interviews with Mike Mignola. Plus, check out these covers...

Emerald City Comic Con exclusive cover for Frankenstein Underground #1.

The cover for Frankenstein Underground #4, which, you know, LOOKS INCREDIBLE.

I'm really excited about this series. Those covers look great, I hope Mignola does the cover for the paperback too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruagach View Post
    I'm really excited about this series. Those covers look great, I hope Mignola does the cover for the paperback too.
    I'm certain he will. He's very involved with everything on this book. I can't see him turning down the opportunity to do the cover for the trade.

Does anyone know if that Frankenstein Underground #1 variant cover be for sale at the Dark Horse booth at ECCC?
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 03-11-2015 at 03:31 PM.

I would assume so, given that it's an ECCC exclusive cover, but I really don't know.

I am going on Friday at ECCC so I'm going to find out!