Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not a bad analysis. But this issue disappointed me somewhat in that it really didn't spend much time exploring the woman who has now become Thor. Most of the story involved Thor struggling with his newfound unworthiness. Now don't get me wrong. That in and of itself was a good story. It was tragic in all the right ways, him attempting to be worthy again and failing to do so when he tried. It sets the stage for someone new to take on the mantle while he continues to deal with this. The problem is that woman just came from nowhere. I get why Marvel wants to make her a mystery (although at one point it hints Freyja could be that woman), but I think it's too much of a mystery here. It just feels too random, some woman coming out of the shadows to wield Mjolnir. It's not a bad book, but it's not good in the way I hoped. Just my opinion.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It seems that everyone forgot about a book called "Hulk #1 (Vol. 2?)" where Red Hulk showed up. It was a big mystery and they dragged it out(why, Marvel?) although the creative staff at the time threw enough action to distract everyone from the fact that we had no idea who Rulk was. Let's just see what Mr. Aaron does in #2.

Shuyo

From issue#1 it really seems like it is going to be Freya who could be losing her place due to Odins return, although it doesn't look like her.

Too Old, Too Cold...

Going solely off the look of the helmet's visor and splayed "wings", I'm guessing the female Thor is Angela...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
    Going solely off the look of the helmet's visor and splayed "wings", I'm guessing the female Thor is Angela...
    Yeah... no.

I accuse an alternate future Loki. The All-Mothers already possess the essence of one. I accuse alternate future Loki of telling as many as he can in the past that there will be certain disasters including an upcoming invasion led by Malekith and that the only way for them to achieve a promised golden age for Asgard(ia) is to follow his advice. Aaron and Ewing are working closely together to tell a coherent story and both have used the idea of an alternate future Loki trying to influence the past.

I also believe Aaron is trying to synch the story with certain story elements asked of him from Marvel management due to the movieverse, for example, the use of Malekith. I speculate a Thor 3 movie, if it happens, might involve Jane Foster obtaining the powers of Thor as part of an agreement with Natalie Portman to give her weightier roles later in the series as compensation for her role in the first Thor movie.

BANNED

I believe Aaron wants us to think Freya is the new Thor based on issue one displaying Odin disrespect toward her. I do agree Freya had something to do with the new enchantment on Mjolnir but she's just a red herring. Which leads me to think of five candidates:

Valkyrie-She is the prime candidate but through her exploits in The Defenders she couldn't be worthy enough

Jane Foster-This would be an interesting choice but I can't see it and how is it possible that she shows up on the moon to pick the hammer up especially after being diagnosed with cancer and stating she wanted to fight it minus Asgardian help.

Angela-She's not worthy either and she's so much better without having the mantle of Thor attached to her

Sif-This could be a possibility because in norse mythology Sif is described as 'golden haired' but I would rather Sif be used in another manner.

Kelda-This is who I think it could possibly be but its a long shot. Her story parallels Thor's story so much. She is an Asgardian who lived in arogance until she befriended and fell in love with a earthling. Once he was murdered she understood what true love and compassion for all meant.

So, I lean toward Kelda to be the new Thor but that's just my opininon.
    Last edited by Mjhych1; 10-02-2014 at 01:13 PM.