• WALKING DEAD #132

4 10.53%
  • WITCHBLADE #178

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I had to vote God Hates Astronauts this week because I laughed so hard while I was reading it, I can't even begin to tell you. I thought it was even more hilarious than the first issue was and it's one of those books that I finish and I want the next one right now. It's just so, so good on so many levels and I love it so much.

Close second is Fade Out, which continues to blow me away with its art, gritty noir atmosphere and story-telling. I'm so engrossed in this story. I can't wait to find out who was behind everything and I also love the parts in the backs of each issue with true (and tragic) stories about real Hollywood actors and actresses. It really adds a lot to the book and I'm also learning a lot when I read the stories, too.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I had to vote God Hates Astronauts this week because I laughed so hard while I was reading it, I can't even begin to tell you. I thought it was even more hilarious than the first issue was and it's one of those books that I finish and I want the next one right now. It's just so, so good on so many levels and I love it so much.

Close second is Fade Out, which continues to blow me away with its art, gritty noir atmosphere and story-telling. I'm so engrossed in this story. I can't wait to find out who was behind everything and I also love the parts in the backs of each issue with true (and tragic) stories about real Hollywood actors and actresses. It really adds a lot to the book and I'm also learning a lot when I read the stories, too.
    Nice, nice. We gotta get the word out on GHA. Need more votes.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Pretty slow and forgettable week overall for Image. Only two books I've read from them... might as well toss in the other Indie comics I read as well...

Here's how the Indie scene looked for me this week:

American Vampire: Second Cycle #5
    Rat Queens #8
    Silent Hill Downpour: Anne's Story #2
    Protectors, Inc. #9
    Hinterkind #12

Yeah I know, only 2 out of 5 are Image comics. Rat Queens was best from Image this week, but still American Vampire was best Indie book (and best book in general) I read this week. hopefully things pick up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Hell yes! Everyone buy this book nooowwww.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I thought it was awesome and voted for it. I have never laughed so hard reading a comic book series as I have with GHA. It is pure genius.
    Awesome. Just ordered the first two issues, so it looks like I made a good choice.

How does everyone feel about Tech Jacket so far? Read the first three issues and I really liked the book. Waiting for Invincible Universe to start up again

BANNED

Out of Nailbiter, Fade Out and Rat Queens I picked Rat Queens

Awesome one and done issue

Definitely!! I think it's just one of those obscure titles that people probably haven't really heard of before, but it deserves all the praise it gets and more. I can have a terrible week and read an issue and it just makes everything better because how can you be in a bad mood when there's Hennifer and King Tiger Eating A Cheeseburger?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Hell yes! Everyone buy this book nooowwww.
    Seconding!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralblue View Post
    Awesome. Just ordered the first two issues, so it looks like I made a good choice.
    You will absolutely love it. Definitely won't be a purchase you regret
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I only read The Fade Out (from Image) this week, and it was the best book on my pile. Great stuff.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

quinnzel make sure you read the volume 1 trade of GHA. I nearly died when I read the origin of King Tiger Eating A Cheeseburger LOL. Completely lost it when he strapped a bomb to the crab guy's private parts.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Amazing Member

Well, Alex + Ada, Fade Out & Madame Frankenstein are on my pull list, but I wound up in the hospital so I haven't seen them. I've been enjoying comparing Alex + Ada & Madame Frankenstein and how they address topics like free will, mob mentality, etc.

Also have the first issues of non-Image titles Fiction Squad & Holmes vs. Houdini waiting at my LCS. Hopefully when I get discharged, I'll be able to have someone pick up my stash.

quinnzel make sure you read the volume 1 trade of GHA. I nearly died when I read the origin of King Tiger Eating A Cheeseburger LOL. Completely lost it when he strapped a bomb to the crab guy's private parts.
    Oh my God, hahahahaha I was already planning on picking up this when I got a chance but now I know I'm definitely getting this XD

Quote Originally Posted by manatree View Post
    Well, Alex + Ada, Fade Out & Madame Frankenstein are on my pull list, but I wound up in the hospital so I haven't seen them. I've been enjoying comparing Alex + Ada & Madame Frankenstein and how they address topics like free will, mob mentality, etc.

Also have the first issues of non-Image titles Fiction Squad & Holmes vs. Houdini waiting at my LCS. Hopefully when I get discharged, I'll be able to have someone pick up my stash.
    Oh whoa sorry to hear that, you alright? Whatever it is (you don't need to tell us on here obviously for privacy reasons) wish you the best, get well soon! Comics can wait for a lil' while, they'll be around when you get discharged.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Oh whoa sorry to hear that, you alright? Whatever it is (you don't need to tell us on here obviously for privacy reasons) wish you the best, get well soon! Comics can wait for a lil' while, they'll be around when you get discharged.
    Unexpected foot surgery. Should be getting discharged tomorrow, but will be homebound for a bit. Might have to twist some pinkies to get my stash picked up. Sure would have been nice to kill some of the boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by manatree View Post
    Might have to twist some pinkies to get my stash picked up.
    Rorschach would be proud.
    But alright, good luck & speedy recovery then! Hospital stays are dreadfully boring indeed.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!