Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Teen Titans Annual #3 Spoilers/Discussion

Basically this story was about (for those who didn't read it but still wanted to know what happened)
    spoilers:
    -TT going their separate ways after #30
    -Skitter shows Red Robin something that Harvest is still around
    -Team gets back together and heads to Africa and notices meta teens live in some sort of institute where they're happy there. They find some people who were believed to be dead alive but without there powers
    -Red Robin is taken to see Harvest, and talks about how he regrets what he did in the past and offers Robin's team to give up their powers to make them happy
    -The Titans don't really believe Harvest. Raven teleports them to the danger and shows where this giant dna thing is, and that it is compiled of metas who lost their powers. It briefly attacks them, then Red Robin and Harvest have a small fight where Bunker takes out Harvest. The Titans regroup and finish off Harvest
    -Superboy narrates the ending showing the team going their separate ways again. Cassie continues stealing and is now best friends with Raven, Bunker and Beast Boy decline Green Team's offer and work out another deal, Bar and Solstice say how much they love each other, Skitter goes back to working in a lab, and Tim goes back and works with Batman. The story ends with Superboy saying for a brief moment they were Titans
    end of spoilers

It wasn't a good issue, but I'm glad it ended.

Extraordinary Member

Well, at least someone read this...

I'm hoping that the new series will deliver. I'm also hoping the roster will expand to fit some more classic characters in there. The Titans was like DC's answer to the X-Men and now it just seems like that's been lost for the time being.

Spectacular Member

Definitely a case of putting all the toys back in the box once finished. Scott had a lot of really good ideas for the Titans, Bunker, Danny the Street/Alley, and such, but endless crossovers and poor execution really killed the series.

Metal Woman

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yup. Read it.

So, who else was DESPERATELY hoping that the last page was going to feature a big banner saying "We hope you enjoyed the not-at-all-canon adventures of the Teen Titans from Earth #NobodyCares! Please Tune in for the Teen Titans Relaunch in which we'll give you the ACTUAL Teen Titans and their ACTUAL adventures?"

That was the ONLY thing that could've made me remotely pleased with this ending. And I didn't get it.

So, Cassie still only has power thanks to the stupid armor, and she's still a criminal.

Tim is almost completely unchanged and unaffected.

Kid Flash and Solstics are STILL dicked over and totally unredeemed.

Raven? I guess she made out pretty okay. She's no worse off than she was in the previous continuity anyway.

Bunker and Skitter? Still don't really care.

Positive things to say? Uuuuuummmmmmmm.................I guess if I really dig deep? Yay! Artemis is still alive and may actually be used.......somewhere down the road!

That's literally the ONLY good thing I can think to say.

I really don't think I'll be reading the relaunch either. Not only do I have.......issues with the writer, but it doesn't look like anything's changed in these characters worth mentioning. Sorry, no Demon-Armored Criminal Wonder Girl for me.......and all the other stuff I just said.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Hey look lobdell undid most of the crap he did, artermis is back , least it wasn't a bad read.

The silver surfer superboy thing really screwed me up. I haven't followed superboy since they brought the imposter guy on so I don't know what that was about. This issue wasn't that bad at the beginning but it became a chore to read and then finish. I truly hope the next guy can breath some new life into this series.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    The silver surfer superboy thing really screwed me up. I haven't followed superboy since they brought the imposter guy on so I don't know what that was about. This issue wasn't that bad at the beginning but it became a chore to read and then finish. I truly hope the next guy can breath some new life into this series.
    Its his first appearance since then he's the new herald for the oracle.

Positive things to say? Uuuuuummmmmmmm.................I guess if I really dig deep? Yay! Artemis is still alive and may actually be used.......somewhere down the road!
    I thought something like this might happen soon, good news.

No more.
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-07-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Its his first appearance since then he's the new herald for the oracle.
    No sir I don't like it.
    MrHorse1.jpg
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    No sir I don't like it.
    MrHorse1.jpg
    Pft you better like the blue surf..i mean herald hope he steals jon body or some **** like that.

Always Rakzo

This... actually was a much better ending than what I was expecting.

I'm shocked.

This was pretty solid to be quite honest.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    ... Dull... Surprise?

I actually liked it too. I like where all the characters ended up (could do without Cassie still being a thief, but beyond that no complaints; now she just needs to meet Diana), basically back to the beginning to start again anew. No retcons, which is the direction I hoped they'd go in all along. Really wasn't expecting a Kon-El revelation here either. So he's basically been reborn as a herald to Oracle. One could read into this two ways. That the fact he still exists means a return to human/kryptonian form and Superboy is upcoming, or that they plan to do something with this new identity and that Jon Kent is, for better or worse, the Superboy they're rolling with for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Pft you better like the blue surf..i mean herald hope he steals jon body or some **** like that.
    Pft back at you and I agree
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider