Default the Phoenix Five vs thanos

the Phoenix Five (Cyclops Emma Frost Namor Colossus and Magik from Avengers vs X-Men) vs thanos.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Either a stalemate or the P5 edge it by Magik doing something ugly, I'd suppose:

Phoenixed-out Emma can at least block any offensive TP Thanos can try. He can't really physically hurt folks who can trivially come back from being shattered into billions of pieces and hurled into orbit - hell, Emma used this as an opportunity to counterattack Thor. And Magik might be able to open up multiple teleports to rip off Thanos' head, arms and legs and deposit them in different locations.

P5 take this pretty handily I think. The phoenix force is another class of cosmic and as big adventure rightly stated, not even TP can help Thanos here.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    P5 take this pretty handily I think. The phoenix force is another class of cosmic and as big adventure rightly stated, not even TP can help Thanos here.
    The problem for the P5 is that, individually, they really never show the damage output to hurt Thanos without something esoteric. Basically, what Magik could perhaps do, as proposed above.

I guess if Thanos somehow managed to kill one or more of the P5 (though I don't see how, given Emma's feat), the others/last one would get stronger and stronger, and then, he's not standing against the whole force.

Yeah, full Phoenix force can fight Galactus, Thanos got nothing on that.

Split up in five, they won't accomplish anything, but the problem is that each defeat makes them stronger.

Fully Dark-Phoenix'ed Cyclops at the latest will wipe out Thanos.
    He was at least a Solar System-Level Threat.

Incredible Member

the team has the avatar of cyttorak and the sorcerer supreme of limbo, and that's before you throw the phoenix force on top.

yes thanos can back hand hulk, but does he have any similar feats with juggy?

Well if you mean if he can stop his momentum in a brawl, no, probably not, but he can sure as hell tear his helmet off and brain-fry him.