Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

This show is awesome. I love the historical tie ins and the Beer toasts rock

Ultimate Member

Unless I'm mistaken the actress that plays Katrina is also on the show Jane the Virgin, playing the girlfriend of the lady doctor that accidently artificially impregnated Jane.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Definitely, this show is far better than it's premise has a right to be. The direction is good but the actors absolutely make this show. It's over the top and a tad hammy I think and surreal, but in a good way.
    Agreed. I loved it when Abby was counting off reasons why she couldn't vote in Crane's day, and he corrected her with a third reason, lol.

This show, IMO is alot better than it has any right to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed. I loved it when Abby was counting off reasons why she couldn't vote in Crane's day, and he corrected her with a third reason, lol.

This show, IMO is alot better than it has any right to be.
    DITTO! I love this show and I hate to say it after all Katrina went through in this last episode but I wish that Abby and Ichabod were in love.

Incredible Member

I'm rooting for Ichabod and Katrina staying together. Especially after last night's ep. If anyone was to steal Crane from Katrina, I was going for Jenny. She seemed to dig the man from the start when they first met. On the marriage front, as a comic fanboy whose been irked to see a lot of characters being separated either through circumstances , reboots, or retcons. Also, it seems getting married, and staying married would be more rebellious nowadays on TV.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    I'm rooting for Ichabod and Katrina staying together. Especially after last night's ep. If anyone was to steal Crane from Katrina, I was going for Jenny. She seemed to dig the man from the start when they first met. On the marriage front, as a comic fanboy whose been irked to see a lot of characters being separated either through circumstances , reboots, or retcons. Also, it seems getting married, and staying married would be more rebellious nowadays on TV.
    Agreed. Abby and Crane are great together from what I've seen, but I can't seem them together romantically. And Castle this ain't. Not every male/female partnership needs to end up paired together.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    I certainly do agree with you. I don't know. It's just sometimes that Abby seems more so to understand and have feelings for Ichabod now as opposed to back in season 1. Also, I don't know if I'm right or not but it seems as if Abraham or Henry are going to find a way to put a nail in Katrina's coffin either intentionally or unintentionally.

@The Cool Thatguy, or FOX's Bone's for that matter But in my opinion I thought there was something romantic between Jenny and that Indiana Jones treasure marauder guy.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken the actress that plays Katrina is also on the show Jane the Virgin, playing the girlfriend of the lady doctor that accidently artificially impregnated Jane.
    You are mistaken. The girlfriend in Jane is Bridget Regan (formerly of Legend of the Seeker). They do look similar. I initially thought Katia Winter was Regan, as well.

Anyway, I'm loving everything about this series, except the political commentaries thrown in from time to time. I can completely accept the possibility of Ben Franklin being an American Dr. Frankenstein before I could conceive of an 18th century aristocrat working so well alongside a modern woman of colour. In the most recent episode, I'm glad Abby was quick to correct Ichabod when he commented on 40% election turnout being horrible. The audacity!!!! What was the percentage in 1789, Ichy? 1% you say? It's kind of impossible to believe a man like Ichabod would even admit that America's founding had suffrage problems, but he did admit it rather swiftly.

However, in recent episodes, a couple things have begun irritating me: First, the portrayal of Abby has started to dwindle. I prefer her strong female character to Katrina's damsel character. Now, if Katrina can be elevated without the expense of Abby (and Abby's sister), then all the better. But this series is supposed to be about the witnesses, not some witch ally. Also, I do not like the idea of the villains being savable. A little greyness is fine (like the Horseman still loving Katrina on some level), but this needs to end, imo. Katrina needs to be proven wrong in her belief Henry can be saved.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 11-05-2014 at 06:18 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

ichabod jealous of the lesshead man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    ichabod jealous of the lesshead man
    Well, we've seen him without his shirt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    You are mistaken. The girlfriend in Jane is Bridget Regan (formerly of Legend of the Seeker). They do look similar. I initially thought Katia Winter was Regan, as well.

Anyway, I'm loving everything about this series, except the political commentaries thrown in from time to time. I can completely accept the possibility of Ben Franklin being an American Dr. Frankenstein before I could conceive of an 18th century aristocrat working so well alongside a modern woman of colour. In the most recent episode, I'm glad Abby was quick to correct Ichabod when he commented on 40% election turnout being horrible. The audacity!!!! What was the percentage in 1789, Ichy? 1% you say? It's kind of impossible to believe a man like Ichabod would even admit that America's founding had suffrage problems, but he did admit it rather swiftly.

However, in recent episodes, a couple things have begun irritating me: First, the portrayal of Abby has started to dwindle. I prefer her strong female character to Katrina's damsel character. Now, if Katrina can be elevated without the expense of Abby (and Abby's sister), then all the better. But this series is supposed to be about the witnesses, not some witch ally. Also, I do not like the idea of the villains being savable. A little greyness is fine (like the Horseman still loving Katrina on some level), but this needs to end, imo. Katrina needs to be proven wrong in her belief Henry can be saved.
    Thanks for the correction, I watched the Legend Of The Seeker but didn't recognize her with the red hair or whatever color it is.

Ultimate Member

I'm new to the show, so I'm curious, what's Abby's offical position with the cops?

She wears a badge, but she doesn't appear to be on good terms with the top cop (per the usual 'you won't believe me' excuse), nor does she seem to report to anyone above her. So what's the deal there?

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm new to the show, so I'm curious, what's Abby's offical position with the cops?

She wears a badge, but she doesn't appear to be on good terms with the top cop (per the usual 'you won't believe me' excuse), nor does she seem to report to anyone above her. So what's the deal there?
    Lieutenant
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Will Abraham join the good guys?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    Will Abraham join the good guys?
    Although I can accept his affection for Katrina and that it will likely lead to his/Moloch's defeat, I hope he does not join the good guys.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier