Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Default Sleepy Hollow

Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but search results turned up nothing for me. And of course, beware of spoilers below.

So, we're two episodes in this season and I've got to say it's a pretty great start. This episode Abby's sister gets arrested (her name escapes me right now), police chief guy from last season just unknowingly signed his name in blood in a contract with War, and we learn Ben Franklin was really Doctor Frankenstein.
    Sweet.

I forgot there was a TV series with the same name as the classic film and opened the thread curious to see how others rated it alongside Burton's other work.

Somebody suggested Grimm to me (because I'm a big fan of Supernatural), but I don't even know anybody who watches this, so wonder now how it's gotten to the second series phase.

Maybe we're just all missing out...?

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    I forgot there was a TV series with the same name as the classic film and opened the thread curious to see how others rated it alongside Burton's other work.

Somebody suggested Grimm to me (because I'm a big fan of Supernatural), but I don't even know anybody who watches this, so wonder now how it's gotten to the second series phase.

Maybe we're just all missing out...?
    Definitely, this show is far better than it's premise has a right to be. The direction is good but the actors absolutely make this show. It's over the top and a tad hammy I think and surreal, but in a good way.

Incredible Member

The show is great. Sure the plot is a little over the top but the actors and the writers make it work. You actually care about what happens to Abby and Ichabod (unlike over at AOS).

I was hoping the Kindred stayed with Ichabod and Abbey. He's already a welcome, added addition to the team. And love his design.

The ending to Episode 2.... KILLER!!! I can't wait to see where they go with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    The show is great. Sure the plot is a little over the top but the actors and the writers make it work.
    A little? Ben Franklin created his own version of Frankenstein's monster!

Fantastic Member

I'll admit I lost interest half way through season one. Has Ichabod changed his clothes yet?

Love this series and so far the second season has been good. I really feel that the second episode really was the one that set things up for the season as the first was tied up in wrapping things up from the season 1 finale.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    I'll admit I lost interest half way through season one. Has Ichabod changed his clothes yet?
    Nope. After a little fashion show with Abby (skinny jeans) Ichabod ran into a Revolutionary War re-enactment where he was able to find a source to buy modern-day replicas of clothes and stocked up.

BANNED

i liked it so far, but i'm left thinking that they should have just kept katrina in purgatory instead of this pis.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

The season 2 premiere was pretty fun. I really liked the imagery of the body-less armor with the flaming sword in hand at the end. The second episode was even better. Ben Franklin created a Frankenstein monster! I kind of hated seeing Captain Irving locked up and I wasn't expecting Henry to show up as his lawyer. Jenny just can't stay out of trouble. The special effects makeup used on the Kindred looked great and its battle with the horseman and Henry's suit of armor was pretty epic.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Ultimate Member

I'm afraid that they're going to have Katrina try to save her ex or mess things up the longer that she stays undercover. Jenny is Abby's sister iirc.

The Kindred did look great, I hope he/it returns and remains the monster on Ichabod's and Abby's side.
    My mother also watches this show and thinks the new sheriff lady will prove to be a villain, but I think she's just a normal person character (who's still going to cause trouble though).

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm afraid that they're going to have Katrina try to save her ex or mess things up the longer that she stays undercover.
    Considering Katrina's track record I think it is basically a given that she is going to mess things up, no matter what her intentions are.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Okay, after this episode I think I will be fine with Katrina. I like that she is stirring things up on the villains' side by mostly just being around and she seems rather confident that she has some sway over the two horsemen.

Loved the episode overall though. But I tend to always love the episodes that give us more of the Mills' sisters and their history. But it was nice to see Ichabod have to deal with someone he cannot stand and a lot of little plot points are touched on in the episode.