Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Also, was it just me or did they play a weird version of "Sympathy for the Devil" when Abbie first arrived in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I was thinking the black roses Henry gave her that cut her palm has something with her turn-around.
    That's a possibility. You'd think this show would want to keep its cast members somehow, so if Henry is gone and Katrina is evil...there may be some way to reverse that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I was thinking the black roses Henry gave her that cut her palm has something with her turn-around.
    That would be a moment for Ichabod, to realize that Katrina wasn't responsible for her actions...if that's how they end up going...especially if it was right in the middle of a battle, or perhaps they figure it out say when Katrina is dying and Henry-the baby version of him-is saved, that'd be very hard on Ichabod...though I hope they don't kill Katrina off or make her an ongoing baddie for to long.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Also, was it just me or did they play a weird version of "Sympathy for the Devil" when Abbie first arrived in the past?
    Yep. Played with the instruments available in that era.

Incredible Member

While I like the character Katrina felt an odd fit in the modern world. They made her so powerful that Abbie and Ichabod weren't really needed to fight the ghoulies that roamed round Sleepy Hollow. She could have taken out the Reavers in Jefferson's vault or that Indian demon with just a few waves of her hand. The writers had to sideline her with spending all her time trying to cure the Headless Horseman instead of helping the Witnesses in their duties.

She was better used when she was in Purgatory offering help or guidance.

All-New Member

I'm calling it that the Abby's stone "ancestor" in the gorgon chamber is her from the past as a way to come back to the present.

Ultimate Member

I'm smelling cliffhanger...

...crap!

Ultimate Member

And no cliffhanger, but one hell of a downer ending. Poor Crane...

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 18 "Tempus Fugit" Timothy Busfield was funny as Ben Franklin and watching him get decapitated was crazy. Ichabod's selfie video was kind of funny. I like that Abbie was able to free herself. Tragic that Ichabod was the one to finally kill Katrina.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Incredible Member

Loved the episode. Fun ride from beginning to end. However, was anyone else hoping we'd see more of Ben Franklin, Action Hero of Science, throughout the episode ? Quite a shock there to see what happened. Glad it was rectified at the end. Hopefully Season Three happens. And I'm not 100% sure Katrina and Henry are out of the picture as of yet.

BANNED

read the spoilers for the finale and this might get me back. at the very least i'll watch the last 2 eps. of the season.

I once had a discussion with a friend about whether or not a person from a pre-electronic era would be able to understand the concept of pressing a button and/or swiping to turn a phone on. I liked Crane having to do that.

Didn't expect that ending, I was kind of hoping Katrina would somehow be reset before she went full on evil. Poor Crane. At least they got Irving back as a consolation prize.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    However, was anyone else hoping we'd see more of Ben Franklin, Action Hero of Science, throughout the episode ?
    I was. I like how he said Abbie and her accomplishments basically is the American Dream. But when he got beheaded, I was wondering if Abbie was thinking "This is going to cost me".

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

New season starts tonight. Thursdays now instead of Monday's apparently.

We'll see how the new showrunner handles things. Kinda wish they still had some plans for Headless though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    New season starts tonight. Thursdays now instead of Monday's apparently.

We'll see how the new showrunner handles things. Kinda wish they still had some plans for Headless though.
    Up against freakin' Scandal and Black List.

Does Hulu count as ratings...?

BANNED

The season premiere feels like the season is off to a good start. Getting the band back together, a new and different threat fueled by the Horseman. A new BIG BAD. I have hopes for the season. I am not so much worried about it being up agains Scandal or Black List as the audience that watches those may not fully overlap with the audience that would watch Sleepy Hollow. And its lead-in of Bones... makes it a One Two punch for me and my wife.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    The season premiere feels like the season is off to a good start. Getting the band back together, a new and different threat fueled by the Horseman. A new BIG BAD. I have hopes for the season. I am not so much worried about it being up agains Scandal or Black List as the audience that watches those may not fully overlap with the audience that would watch Sleepy Hollow. And its lead-in of Bones... makes it a One Two punch for me and my wife.
    Really hope you're right. Hulu'd the first episode, and good quality (better than Black List...though James Spade will still lure me over).

Wonder where that Angel went...