Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Although Supergirl never mentions it, I wonder if Cyborg Superman got sucked into the Phantom Zone too. His whereabouts are completely unaccounted for and he was in the Fortress with everyone else at the end. I would hope so because I'm sensing Pak is leading up to a pretty cool Phantom Zone arc featuring Superman and Supergirl pretty soon. It'd be cool for Supergirl to find out the truth there and have things kinda come full circle. Would be a great chance too for Zor-El to get a heroic legitimate death to free up the Cyborg body for Hank Henshaw.
    Pak's good at writing strong characters with godlike powers. Maybe he can help fix things with the Supergirl and Cyborg Superman plot, as someone has to find out the truth soon, right ?

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I have to agree with SuperL.93; These books (just read them) knocked it out of the park. Pak is a God!

I read Death of Wolverine part 3 and The latest Walking Dead first when I brought my comics home and both of those books were "Meh" compared to these two..

I should of saved them for last but got a couple more books to read first..Long Live King Pak and Pak'superMan!

BANNED

I have to ask this to Superlad: The story ended with an 'evil' Superman and a good Batman. What do you think will happen next issue?

Also, did anyone else get a certain vibe of sadness and cynicism when Supes visited Toymaster?

"We gotta sell edgy... but heroic, you know?"

A bit like Morrison's "Your symbol a dolar sign."

I'm feeling somewhat guilty of being a fair weather fan. Didn't like 'Doomed', a dark deconstruction was not what I was expecting so early in both Pak's and Soule's runs.

And this scene has a sadness to it.

"Thrill 'em.. but don't scare'em. Not too much, anyway."

Don't leave us, Pak.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    I have to ask this to Superlad: The story ended with an 'evil' Superman and a good Batman. What do you think will happen next issue?
    I think that's an over simplification. The story ended with a question: when deprived of their memories, but given their physicality, and then put in situations that directly counter who they are then what would happen? Superman was put in a situation where he no matter how inherently good is found by a bad person and has his still good nature slightly skewed. Then Batman is put in a situation where he, the master of mastering fear, is made to be scared. He seriously questioning if he can actually go on without that fire that made him before....if he should go on.

It's far less black and white. I doe imagine that they will obviously get into conflict if that is what you're getting at. But if you're trying to insinuate that Batman will be the shining knight who is in the right then I'm hear to say I hardly think it's that cut and dry or even remotely about that for that matter.

Also, did anyone else get a certain vibe of sadness and cynicism when Supes visited Toymaster?
    "We gotta sell edgy... but heroic, you know?"
    A bit like Morrison's "Your symbol a dolar sign."
    It's a comment on the trend that heroes are going through. It's all quite true if you ask me.

"Thrill 'em.. but don't scare'em. Not too much, anyway."
    I could very much link that to Man of Steel with it's "thrills" and "shock value" that it hung it's whole entire movie on.

Don't leave us, Pak.
    I'd be done reading DC books aside from multievercity. Once that ends and if Pak's gone then I go to no hesitation at all. He is the Superman world for me.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Jae Lee draws a hell of a Catwoman, damn. Nice Lois too. Fun issue.

Wasn't a fan of this issue of ACTION, but it at least ends the endless Doomed crossover. I liked Pak's Lois Lane here, I loved his Supergirl. Clark with a beard is cool. Thought Lana suffered a bit as a character, though it is plausible that she'd feel that way since she was just stuck in a crossover that wasted a ton of gorgeous Kuder art. Ah well, here's too future fun issues of Pak's ACTION COMICS again (which I'm sure we'll get).

I wish the books would portray the SM/WW relationship more consistently.
    Clark returns from space and never bothers to tell her hes alive.
    only nitpick of a great issue.
    guess SM/WW wil pick that up iin its next issue.

BANNED

Batman/superman: both shirtless. Deal.

Action #35 slow story, Lois was the star of the issue.

So nice to finally have Doomed be over with. I liked the flow of the issue a lot. Having to write Doomed issues for 5 months Pak had no trouble going back to his normal style of writing Action Comics. While not a lot of action it the character interactions were great and the character development between Lana and Steel has also been good. As for Supermans time in the black hole I am going to assume he didn't see any of the other universes since he didn't mention anything about them.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Ah, Action is back, but I can't consider it "BACK" yet because this is more of a denouement for SuperDoom and didn't feature Kuder (who hopefully has mondo run-time now!)

Pak's characterization continues to be really good, but because it's a fallout issue there's a LOT of touchstones to cover so it's not exactly the best one-issue chapter ever. But I liked how the "possibility of mopey-Clark" could only be a one issue thing as he got back in touch with his humanity and all his friends basically came to his aid.

Still, the weird part of the issue is how it hinted at all these ... well ... COOLER stories that happened while he was "Away". I want to see Baka rescue Metropolis from Subterraneans, dammit! I want to see Superman on a trek through multiple Black Holes that aren't the ones Omni-Brainiac ended up in.

But the potential for the future now that the crossover is over should be pretty well back on track. And this Lana and Steel dating thing is one of the cooler moves I've seen in Superman's extended friends & family in a long time. Oh, and Lois still rocks.
    Well said. And another enjoyed review to read was here:
    http://www.comicboards.com/php/show....14100319335334

Loved Lois' comment about the beard in spite of the fact is was predictable/telegraphed after Lana gave it props. It was curious to see J'onn gets some singled out honor in this title but more power to him. What issue does he chronologically hook up with WW again after this return?

I'm a little bothered by this story. Despite being told point-blank within Doomed that Brainiac's mind control was actively preventing people from dying in accidents, just like with the Supergirl tie-in issue, we again have mention of people dying from the imposed comas in car accidents.

Other than the need to have Clark be in the place he is at the start of Johns's run, why are we told Clark's and Cat's website is failing? It seemed like it was doing okay just prior to Doomed. And on that topic, how does this new article color Perry's opinion of Clark before he calls him in at the start of Johns's story?

Lois knows Clark was gone on a job for Bruce, but asks him no details. And then she writes this piece agreeing with Clark about the world not needing a Superman. It all seems so uncharacteristic to me. Besides, I'm tired of this "Does the world need Superman?" angle. At this point, we essentially bring it up once a year.

Is the next issue also labeled as Aftermath? I hope so, since this one leads directly into the next one.

I just love how much Kal enjoys getting to be human every once in a while. Riding a bike through Smallville and feeling the sun on his face. I love how the most powerful man on the planet still appreciates the little things in life. But that's what makes Superman awesome. Plus he looks great with a beard.

Lana and John Henry make a good couple. I hope it lasts.

Doesn't seem like they know what to do with Metallo. So now he's sort of a hero?

Seriously, who was expecting zombies at the end? Didn't see that coming.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-06-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I just love how much Kal enjoys getting to be human every once in a while. Riding a bike through Smallville and feeling the sun on his face. I love how the most powerful man on the planet still appreciates the little things in life. But that's what makes Superman awesome. Plus he looks great with a beard.

Lana and John Henry make a good couple. I hope it lasts.

Doesn't seem like they know what to do with Metallo. So now he's sort of a hero?

Seriously, who was expecting zombies at the end? Didn't see that coming.
    Clark with a beard almost has the best stories,unless if he's written by hacks like Goyer

BANNED

Anyone know when Jae Lee will be leaving Batman/ Superman ?

Chronic MasterDebater The Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He wasn't sulking, he was taking a few days off to recharge. Laying low as his friend even suggested. He certainly was pondering things and processing things, but that's not sulking. Dude spent two months navigating deep space to get home, I don't think the people would freak out if they knew he was taking a breather, no. As for the trolling, I've always loved a wiley Superman.
    Laying low, pondering and processing things while he trolls Superman supporters looking to boost his self esteem, is sulking to me. I'd much rather see an issue of Action Comics that depicts Superman overcoming a black hole and navigating his way through space just in time to return and pitch in with the clean up efforts.

I don't buy Superhero comics to watch them take personal days, riding through the countryside and ranting online.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I'm a little bothered by this story. Despite being told point-blank within Doomed that Brainiac's mind control was actively preventing people from dying in accidents, just like with the Supergirl tie-in issue, we again have mention of people dying from the imposed comas in car accidents.

Other than the need to have Clark be in the place he is at the start of Johns's run, why are we told Clark's and Cat's website is failing? It seemed like it was doing okay just prior to Doomed. And on that topic, how does this new article color Perry's opinion of Clark before he calls him in at the start of Johns's story?

Lois knows Clark was gone on a job for Bruce, but asks him no details. And then she writes this piece agreeing with Clark about the world not needing a Superman. It all seems so uncharacteristic to me. Besides, I'm tired of this "Does the world need Superman?" angle. At this point, we essentially bring it up once a year.

Is the next issue also labeled as Aftermath? I hope so, since this one leads directly into the next one.
    More reasons why I'm done with Action Comics for the time being.
    Last edited by The Beast; 10-15-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

Her article disagreed with Clark's.