Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    1. He got her character a lot better than the Finches.

2. He returned her mythos to a usable state.

3. Used her established supporting cast and villains (with admittedly varying degrees of success).
    He also got to start over with a new #1 under a much-hyped new DC initiative.

Orlando had a good ran. So both of them got the character right. I wonder would it help to have Diana get a editor that has some kind of rules for a writer? Not something strict but something simple that can help Diana. For example, not starting from 0 again. If they don't want to touch what the previous writer did just start your story not rebooting it.

Once again, let's keep this on topic and not stray to a 'whose run was better and why' debate.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    WONDER WOMAN

#51 = 50,901 (+12,526) Orlando first issue

#52 = 36,259 (-14,640)

#53 = 34,990 (1,269)

#54 = 34,966 (-24)

#55 = 33,851 (-1,115)

#57 = 42,417 (Witching hour crossover)

#58 = 44,467 (+2,250) (Wilson first issue)

#59 = 37,418 (-7,049)

#60 = 36,966 (-452)

Orlando’s first three issues sold about 122K.

Wilson’s first three issues sold about 119K.
    #61 = 36, 413 [-553]

#62 = 33,870 [-2,543]

#63 = 34,963 [+1,097]
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-08-2019 at 06:44 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wonder Woman #64 - 45,866

Wonder Woman #65 - 46,007

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-02.html

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wonder Woman #64 - 45,866

Wonder Woman #65 - 46,007

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-02.html
    Sales rose? Interesting. Any clue why?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sales rose? Interesting. Any clue why?
    Alternate covers by Stanley "Artgerm" Lau. It seems they sell like hotcakes to collectors.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Alternate covers by Stanley "Artgerm" Lau. It seems they sell like hotcakes to collectors.
    Ahh yeah Supergirl rose 20k off of those once. Crazy how variants can really raise sales.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Do we know what the number of variants was?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Are Wonder Woman sales stable right now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Are Wonder Woman sales stable right now?
    #66 = 35,547

#67 =. 33,665

#68 =. 37,676

#69 = 34,990

I’m interested in whether the up and down is the result of the odd numbered issues coming out towards the end of the month.

In terms of general sales WW is selling a bit less than The Flash and much better than Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by brettc1; 06-04-2019 at 01:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Latest sales

#70 = 34,503 [-487]

#71 = 32,792 [-1,711]

As I read it, as of these figures, #71 is the lowest the book's sales have been for this volume [i.e. since Rebirth]
    Last edited by brettc1; 07-06-2019 at 06:18 PM.

You think this has at lot to due with Wilson's writing?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

That along with the rotating cast of artists that have been on this book since Wilson took over. The book needs an A-list(or at least B-list) artist on it regularly. Aaron Lopresti's return in #73 was a sight for sore eyes.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

I think reasonably in ANY title the writing is a massive factor in sales. Art, variant covers and tie-ins can have an effect, but except in extraordinary situations the main factor will be the writing.

As a prediction, if the book sustains 30,000+ without variants or tie ins after #75, I will be surprised. At the least I am expecting a significant drop.
    Last edited by brettc1; 07-27-2019 at 08:23 PM.