Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

I hate to say this, but here goes. If the DC Office wants to boost Diana's sales they need to give Wonder Woman her Knightfall or Death of Superman moment. An epic event which tests the character as never before by way of a challenge which temporarily overwhelms her in devastating fashion. This will grab public attention plus provide something for Diana to come back from as fans root for her.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I hate to say this, but here goes. If the DC Office wants to boost Diana's sales they need to give Wonder Woman her Knightfall or Death of Superman moment. An epic event which tests the character as never before by way of a challenge which temporarily overwhelms her in devastating fashion. This will grab public attention plus provide something for Diana to come back from as fans root for her.
    Honestly, I think that would only work if the wider fandom cared about Diana more in the first place.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Please remember that this is a thread for the discussion of current sales numbers and not a 'what if' thread about how to boost those sales.

You are more than welcome to start another thread about such a topic!!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Latest sales

#70 = 34,503 [-487]

#71 = 32,792 [-1,711]

As I read it, as of these figures, #71 is the lowest the book's sales have been for this volume [i.e. since Rebirth]
    #72 = 32,604 (-188)

#73 = 31,459 (-1,145)

#74 = 31,344 (-115)
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

September sales numbers:

Wonder Woman 78 - 30,139

Wonder Woman 79 - 30,103

Justice League Dark 15 - 27,902

Wonder Woman Come Back to Me 3 - 11,120

Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-09.html

The new decade started off with something that had never happened before in the history of comics: an issue of Wonder Woman outsold all other comics in the month. Wonder Woman #750 followed in the footsteps of DC's previous giant-sized 80th anniversary issues Action Comics #1000 and Detective Comics #1000 and led all other comics in the month in both unit and dollar sales.

Wonder Woman was historically a middling-seller for DC, with only George Pérez's 1986 relaunch, seen at right, coming close to leading the market. (It placed eighth.) Its anniversary issue didn't approach the stratospheric sales levels of Action and Detective, but its 167,377 North American copies were enough to more than double the dollar sales of any other item in January.
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-01.html

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Wow,167,377! that's great.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

About fricking time! Wonder Woman deserves all of it!!!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Over 200k copies for the Diana: Princess of the Amazons book:https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...econd-printing

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Over 200k copies for the Diana: Princess of the Amazons book:https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...econd-printing
    Nice. These books aimed at kids are going to be one of the positives of Didio’s legacy. The direct market may one day completely die, but the sales to kids will keep DC’s characters going. I hope Superman Smashes the Klan is enjoying similar success.

That's good to hear .

Good to know. I hope it continues to sell like hotcakes.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The Ink and (older) Zoom lines are where the action is for DC.

Both creatively and in ability to reach new markets they leave DC's other offerings in the dust. Some of the best Black Label stuff reach similar (or even higher) levels of quality, but without the consistency.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member

Been awhile since this was updated. It look like Tamaki neither hurt nor helped much in October.

762: estimated sales between 35k & 41k

763: estimated sales between 27k & 32k

764: estimated sales between 28k & 34k

765: estimate sales between 35k & 43k
    Last edited by Frank; 01-08-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Has anyone ever seen or attempted a robust record of WW sales figures including information on writers, artists, characters appearing in the issue etc? Would be interesting to see the trends.