Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Amazons Attack #4 - discussion, spoiler

Amazons Attack #4 - discussion, spoiler

PRISON BREAK! Will Mary Marvel make it out alive as she struggles against waves of Belle Reve's super-powered convicts? Meanwhile, the truth behind the golden apples reveals itself. Is the goddess of discord really to blame, or is there another mastermind pulling the strings?

If you didnt know....Yara is not Wonder Girl! But she isnt the only one around as The Other Wonder Girl shows up and Casse calls dibs.

The trend continues in this one....added by Cassie showing up and every other word is "surprise exit!"

They definitely lean into Cassies fangirl when she meets Mary. This issue seems to suggest that she is a demi-goddess and not just given powers by Zeus. Yara also states that she is a god which is interesting. We know her dad is a god but its been totally ignored since they introduced that aspect of the character and now it seems like "the wind, the forest, the water are our gods" and empowers her. They also want to ensure that people know that the Greek Gods are not her Gods.

Nubias journey continues and doesnt offer much, just more visions of the Amazons downfall, this seemed like a flashback to the OG Amazons escaping Hercules who is now Herakles.

I didn't expect to see Cassie but it was really fun seeing her show up and be fairly well-characterized (she still needs a new costume).

I would've assumed she'd WANT to be known as the main Wonder Girl, especially when the name is more hers than Yara's, but I guess when you have government agents trying to arrest you...

Cassie, Yara, and Mary make for a fun trio. They even the female costume spectrum of pants, no pants, and skirt.

Fantastic Member

Liked this issue. Not as much as 3, but still good. Nice to see Cassie also liked that she had no problem with the fact that Yara is the new Wonder Girl. Showing how mature she is by having no problem with the implication that she is the "old" Wonder Girl. Hopefully leads to a new identity.
    Also liked Yara's speech about her tribe and her gods. Seems to be a good lead in to a better take on her and her heritage.

Good issue. Cassie appearing was a nice surprise! Seeing Cassie and Yara together was amazing. I even enjoyed Mary with them…so sad we only have two issues left as we are finally getting it right.

Other thought: I wonder if they will be changing the amazons story with this Herkales memory showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Liked this issue. Not as much as 3, but still good. Nice to see Cassie also liked that she had no problem with the fact that Yara is the new Wonder Girl. Showing how mature she is by having no problem with the implication that she is the "old" Wonder Girl. Hopefully leads to a new identity.
    Also liked Yara's speech about her tribe and her gods. Seems to be a good lead in to a better take on her and her heritage.
    At least Cassie actually liked being called Wonder Girl .

Extraordinary Member

I keep forgetting that Mary was completely rebooted since Flashpoint. So she’s only just now meeting Cassie.

I really enjoyed this issue, though you can tell that its feeling some strain from having so many characters in a single narrative.
    As it is, I feel like if last issue was a Mary issue, this was very much a Yara issue. With Cassie tossed in to give her someone to bounce off of.

That partial transformation was really neat.
    Though...Why does she have winged ankles?!? This is not Marvel! XD

So, I'm really wondering - what was Vertigo going to do with that spike pulled out of the wall to someone as invulnerable as Superman? Besides tear apart his own hands as the point blunts itself on her?

I still find it so weird that hundreds/thousands of Amazons left the Island to just live normal lives and it all happened "off screen"

I also think that Cassie is the "traitor" and somehow is being taken over by this whole Aslyum thing

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-23-2024 at 03:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I still find it so weird that hundreds/thousands of Amazons left the Island to just live normal lives and it all happened "off screen"

I also think that Cassie is the "traitor" and somehow is being taken over by this whole Aslyum thing
    [img]
    I really want someone to point out to Yara's "Don't call me Wonder-Girl, I'm Yara" that single-names are pretty boring and unmemorable.

Feels like it be a funny way to needle how defensive she is over her name.

Secret exit! Secret entrance. SECRET FRIGGIN EXIT!! I'm hollering with delight to see my Wonder Girl, Cassie in action! I love her energy throughout the issue it just brought me so much joy and was fun to see. Two Wonder Girls in action. And yes I am hoping Cassie will get a new codename. She'll always be a Wonder Girl but if that name's gonna be passed around she needs a new one just for her like how Donna Troy is...Donna Troy.

Edit: Give me a Wonder Girls book so I can see Cassie more with the others.

Cassie's possession was the same as everyone else's, I don't think she's the traitor.

Where is Jerry and why has he been absent this whole series?

As for Yara's partial transformation and her winged ankle, it reminded me of this...

Wonder Woman 1,000,000

I can’t stand the Peacemaker cameos anymore. It’s almost impossible to read a DC series without this damn evil Waller plotline interfering. To think I was actually enjoying the issue…
    At least Cassie got some cool scenesI guess.

It's starting to seem like a per-requisite that every comic with Yara in it has to have her mention she doesn't like being called Wonder Girl.

It's practically her catchphrase at this point.