Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
You've made this point a few times, and, respectfully, I don't get why it's hard why some people may think it's "bad" (or, as I think, increasingly good but still not as as good as Wonder Woman) even thought it sells better than current issues of Wonder Woman." Here, again, are a few points to consider:

1. Sales don't necessarily equal quality. The #1 bestselling comic, book or moview isn't necessarily the best comic, book or movie in any individual's eyes. Or, do you disagree with that?

2. Almost all comics lose sales over time, and so it's not surprising that issue 31 of one comic isn't selling as well as issue 8 of another.

3. SM/WW is currently part of a much hyped crossover. Those drive sales up temporarily.

I'd love to know what you think of these points, and whether I'm missing something about your point. It seems like if we respond to each others' points this conversation could progress instead of just repeating next month.

I do think it's fair to say that Superman/Wonder Woman SHOULD sell better than Wonder Woman's solo book for a few reasons:

1.) SM/WW is newer.

2.) SM/WW features 2 of DC's most iconic heroes where as Wonder Woman's solo book features one of them.

At the same time, there are other solo DC books that are just as old as Wonder Woman that are selling better than her currently:

Action Comics
Aquaman
Batgirl
Flash
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Superman

And that's not counting books that star Batman solo each month. It's true that sales don't always equal quality but that's because quality is based on opinion and nothing more. I think Justice League is a top quality book while I've seen other says it's garbage. At the end of the day, the only way you can really measure the success of any book is by it's sales. Given that we are not made privy to digital sales, all we have to go on at this point are the sales of physical copies.