Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    sure, that happenned with a lot of books, but many went back to normal sales and some even got cancelled

My point was that for the last year and half, some variant covers have caused sales spikes for this title. This is not new for the Finchs' run.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Finch's style is a bit busy for my taste and his early covers made Diana practically unrecognizable IMO.
    I noticed he makes Diana's face look more adult-like now as opposed to making her look like a 12 year old girl, which was kind of creepy.

Astonishing Member

April sales

46 Wonder Woman 40 $2.99 DC 45,172
    59 Superman Wonder Woman 17 $3.99 DC 39,868
    226 Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman 9 $3.99 DC 11,007 [Digital First]
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-19-2015 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Deleted non-WW item I'd pasted in accidentally.

BANNED

Convergence Wonder Woman 1 $3.99 DC 44,959

BANNED

Wonder Woman annual #1 $4.99 29,189

Wonder Woman #41 $3.99 45,284

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Wonder Woman annual #1 $4.99 29,189

Wonder Woman #41 $3.99 45,284
    So only two thirds of the folks following the Donna Troy story bothered to pay to see how it finished.

Not exactly a gold plated recommendation.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    So only two thirds of the folks following the Donna Troy story bothered to pay to see how it finished.

Not exactly a gold plated recommendation.
    Almost all #41 issues got sone sort of boast. If meredith doesn't deliver some epic story this time, I don't think David will be able to maintain sales.

Going back to April of 2014 for a sales comparison(all numbers from http://icv2.com/):

Wonder Woman #30 = 31,094
    Wonder Woman #31 = 30,655
    Wonder Woman #32 = 48,235
    Wonder Woman #33 = 37,431
    Wonder Woman #34 = 35,774
    Wonder Woman #35 = 35,968 (Azz/Chiang's last issue)
    Wonder Woman #36 = 58,965(Finchs' first issue)
    Wonder Woman #37 = 43,066
    Wonder Woman #38 = 39,669
    Wonder Woman #39 = 42,634
    Wonder Woman #40 = 45,172
    Wonder Woman #41 = 45,284
    Wonder Woman Annual #1 = 29,189

So with the exceptions of the 3rd issue drop-off and the Annual(which typically sells less due to the price hike) the Finchs' run is selling pretty consistently around the 40K+ range. When was the last time Wonder Woman sold that well for at least 6 issues straight(not counting a relaunch of the book)?
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 07-13-2015 at 04:58 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Not that I'm knocking it, but I will point out that the return of Donna Troy to the DCU qualifies it as an 'event' book that speculators will pick up.

I want to see where the next six months go.

Spectacular Member

I will admit I dropped the book after the third issue of the Finchs run! But i started reading it again, buying issues # 41 and the annual!! I don't like the outfit change, but I think the stories writing has improved!! I always thought the art was a whole lot better then the last artist from Azz. run, as is the story arc!! It's will be interesting to see where the Finchs will take WW. In my mind any writers that take over after Azz. will always do better!
    Last edited by chlj1; 07-13-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Not that I'm knocking it, but I will point out that the return of Donna Troy to the DCU qualifies it as an 'event' book that speculators will pick up.

Don't get me wrong, I love Donna(ok, maybe not the current version just yet) but I don't think her return is all that big of a deal as when DC tried making her last return an event with the mini-series by Jimenez, Perez, and Garcia-Lopez, it didn't even sell well enough to grant her an ongoing series and those were some pretty big names attached to the mini that combined with Donna's return(if it were a big deal) should have generated enough sales to warrant an ongoing.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 07-13-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Going back to April of 2014 for a sales comparison(all numbers from http://icv2.com/):

Wonder Woman #30 = 31,094
    Wonder Woman #31 = 30,655
    Wonder Woman #32 = 48,235
    Wonder Woman #33 = 37,431
    Wonder Woman #34 = 35,774
    Wonder Woman #35 = 35,968 (Azz/Chiang's last issue)
    Wonder Woman #36 = 58,965(Finchs' first issue)
    Wonder Woman #37 = 43,066
    Wonder Woman #38 = 39,669
    Wonder Woman #39 = 42,634
    Wonder Woman #40 = 45,172
    Wonder Woman #41 = 45,284
    Wonder Woman Annual #1 = 29,189

So with the exceptions of the 3rd issue drop-off and the Annual(which typically sells less due to the price hike) the Finchs' run is selling pretty consistently around the 40K+ range. When was the last time Wonder Woman sold that well for at least 6 issues straight(not counting a relaunch of the book)?
    Lemme get this straight.

We're gonna count issue thirty forward sales, but we're gonna make a rule so we have to set aside that the book was selling north of forty thousand(actually, right around where it is now) in August 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love Donna(ok, maybe not the current version just yet) but I don't think her return is all that big of a deal as when DC tried making her last return an event with the mini-series by Jimenez, Perez, and Garcia-Lopez, it didn't even sell well enough to grant her an ongoing series and those were some pretty big names attached to the mini that combined with Donna's return(if it were a big deal) should have generated enough sales to warrant an ongoing.
    When you pair Donna showing back up in a new continuity with a new creative team following a pretty lauded run, that's pretty close to an event.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    I will admit I dropped the book after the third issue of the Finchs run! But i started reading it again, buying issues # 41 and the annual!! I don't like the outfit change, but I think the stories writing has improved!! I always thought the art was a whole lot better then the last artist from Azz. run, as is the story arc!! It's will be interesting to see where the Finchs will take WW. In my mind any writers that take over after Azz. will always do better!
    Sadly, I've disliked the Finches run so much I've dropped the book. I'll come back once a new team's in place or if word of mouth improves. Thus far, the writing (dialogue and plot) have been awful for me. The art has been uneven.

Still, those are decent numbers so kudos to that.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Lemme get this straight.

We're gonna count issue thirty forward sales, but we're gonna make a rule so we have to set aside that the book was selling north of forty thousand(actually, right around where it is now) in August 2012?

Yes, because the Finchs didn't get a new #1 to relaunch the book with like Perez, Heinberg, and Azzarello did. A number one issue for an iconic character like Wonder Woman, Batman, or Superman is guaranteed to get huge sales boost off of that factor alone.