Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Let me ask you(and anyone else who disagrees with me on this subject) this: Do you think that some people like what's popular simply because it's popular and want to fit in or do you think that everyone who likes anything truly likes it on it's own merit 100% of the time?
    I think there is no way for me to know. I can make an informed guess as to some. I don't see much point to thinking about the rest.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure.

That said, everyone here who seems like they dislike the Finch/Finch run has laid out why issue by issue. If they are covering that they haven't read it, they are doing a brilliant job.

As for "understanding why", the example I am thinking of had no room for conclusions. If you need me to get into it, I could.

When that happens or conclusions are being jumped to, it's hard not to notice.

You really believe that "everyone here who seems like they dislike the Finch/Finch run has laid out why issue by issue" and yet you don't believe that everyone here who disliked Azzarello's run laid out why issue by issue? I don't see that as consistent.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

You really believe that "everyone here who seems like they dislike the Finch/Finch run has laid out why issue by issue" and yet you don't believe that everyone here who disliked Azzarello's run laid out why issue by issue? I don't see that as consistent.
    I've read both.

I know who wasn't reading/was making stuff up and who was laying out what they didn't like.

Shoot, some folks didn't even read the entire Azzarello run. Hard to lay out why you didn't like it issue by issue if you haven't actually read them.

Better yet....

If you believe some of the folks who haven't liked the Finch/Finch run are being critical without have read their issues, quote a couple of posts.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-12-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Better yet....

If you believe some of the folks who haven't liked the Finch/Finch run are being critical without have read their issues, quote a couple of posts.

It's hard to know who exactly has bought & read each issue unless they blatantly state such. I'm not going to go post hunting and just assume either way. Do you honestly expect anyone to say something like "I didn't read the issue but it sucked, or development X was horrible, or I hate Aegeus' new origin."
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

It's hard to know who exactly has bought & read each issue unless they blatantly state such. I'm not going to go post hunting and just assume either way. Do you honestly expect anyone to say something like "I didn't read the issue but it sucked, or development X was horrible, or I hate Aegeus' new origin."
    I'm saying I've seen detailed gripes with things folks here didn't like. If you know the details, why should I do anything except assume you are reading the issues?

What about knowing the details says "I am not reading. I just showed up to complain."?

Why not? You yourself have admitted to doing the exact thing you are describing during the Azzarello run.

All I said was that the comments I've seen here and on Comic Vine were quite different from the majority of comments I saw on every other Wonder Woman social media avenue that I visit. If you can find anywhere where I said something like "you guys are all just following the Pied Piper" when it comes to reviews, I'll gladly apologize. Or, you're welcome to check out my own forum(the Hall of Justice sub-forum of the Classic Comics Forum), Newsarama's chat box, or any of the various major Wonder Woman Facebook pages such as Share the Wonder, Wonder Woman Collectors Club, Superman/Wonder Woman Fan Archive, Wonder Woman Villains Group, etc.
    Also....

Dupersuper knocked the way Finch/Finch were bringing back Donna on the Classic Comics Forum.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Shaxper knocked the "Donna/Amazons Attack!" angle.

Astonishing Member

In fact, besides this forum and the one on Comic Vine, the majority of social media sites I visited were very negative towards Azz's run in spite of what the critics said. The current run is pretty split though.
    So, do you think most of the people on those other boards were just conforming with a few influential posters and with popular figures like Jimenez and Christy Marston who expressed dislike of the run? Or do you think most of the people on those boards came to their dislike of the run independently?. My guess would be the latter, and I also think that most people here who liked Azzarello's run and those who dislike the Finches' run came to those opinions independently. Of course, they'll always be some people who follow the crowd. But, as long as most people give their own reasoning for what they like or dislike, instead of basically just saying "me too," then it seems likely that most people came up with their own opinions. Its not surprising that different boards and forums will have different majority opinions; each of these groups is a unique collection of personalities, and there's not reason every such group should reach the same conclusions. And if one of those groups happens to agree ore with the critics, maybe that's because we happen to share the critics' tastes to some extent, and not because we were influenced by them.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 08-13-2015 at 06:38 PM.

From a Facebook page on Finch/Finch -

I don't care what "mystery" there is. Stopped buying after their second issue.
    This new villain is so cliché. He's just another power-hungry brat. Nothing new, nothing exciting.
    Please make it stop....
    I did like Azzarello's take on WW, though there were some things I didn't really...like. But its definitely better then the trash the Finchs are putting out right now. I miss Greg Rucka. Can he come back to write Wonder Woman again?
    Didn't like Chang 's version and though I like finch's art better the whole storyline is terrible. Go back to Perez 's version hate how they keep changing her origin. They should give us the real wonder woman on earth 2. Like they did when they brought back jsa.
    Diana's new costume pretty much sums up the Finches run on the book to date. Messy, bland and completely forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Why not? You yourself have admitted to doing the exact thing you are describing during the Azzarello run.

I think you're a bit confused. I'm talking about people who didn't so much as glance through an issue yet complained about it from what they heard through the grapevine. I do know that I complained about some things that were seen in the previews or in scans that people posted here or on other sites.

I think you're a bit confused. I'm talking about people who didn't so much as glance through an issue yet complained about it from what they heard through the grapevine. I do know that I complained about some things that were seen in the previews or in scans that people posted here or on other sites.
    At this point in time, either supply evidence of this claim or you need to drop it.

Accusing people on these boards of criticizing an issue they have not even opened without citing references is not only pointless, it's insulting to those who are voicing their opinions on the run who have read it.

Enough of this discussion without evidence.

In addition, please don't promote other message boards here. No more quoting other boards. If folks want their opinions known here, they can come here and post.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    At this point in time, either supply evidence of this claim or you need to drop it.

Accusing people on these boards of criticizing an issue they have not even opened without citing references is not only pointless, it's insulting to those who are voicing their opinions on the run who have read it.

Enough of this discussion without evidence.

In addition, please don't promote other message boards here. No more quoting other boards. If folks want their opinions known here, they can come here and post.

Ok, I get your first 2 points but why is your final point being addressed to me when NumberThirty began the trend of quoting from other message boards in post #204? I'm sorry but I don't think it's fair to call me out on this alone when I didn't begin this.