Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Ok, I get your first 2 points but why is your final point being addressed to me when NumberThirty began the trend of quoting from other message boards in post #204? I'm sorry but I don't think it's fair to call me out on this alone when I didn't begin this.
    The difference is that he quoted an unnamed FB page and didn't list the names of people (or alias's), and only made a reference to the other board when you claimed everyone there loved the Finch run. You specifically cited the name and title of the board from which you pulled the quotes as well as the names of those who said it.

His response was to refute your claim that people elsewhere were mostly pro-Finch and cited two vague references. No one was claiming (that I'm aware of) that there weren't people elsewhere who didn't like Azzarello.

If anyone here wishes to dispute/discuss someone else's posts on another forum, please go to that forum to do so.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think you're a bit confused. I'm talking about people who didn't so much as glance through an issue yet complained about it from what they heard through the grapevine. I do know that I complained about some things that were seen in the previews or in scans that people posted here or on other sites.
    I don't actually see a distinction between what you've done/said about Azzarello and what you are claiming others here are doing regarding Finch. Basing an opinion 100% off of previews and a few scans is NOT the same thing as reading a body of work and forming an opinion on it. I find it valid that you didn't like what you saw of Azzarello's work, but I find it not at all valid that you get into debates about his overall portrayal of a character who you have admitted you barely read. I would say the same of anyone else who made such claims about the Finch's work without having read the majority of the run.

Sorry about bending that rule.

For the moment, I'm totally fine with leaving this alone.

Looks like the Finch issue #43 had a bit of a rebound moving back up to #39 with 39,646 reported ... moved ahead of SM/WW in the rankings too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Looks like the Finch issue #43 had a bit of a rebound moving back up to #39 with 39,646 reported ... moved ahead of SM/WW in the rankings too.
    Bombshell covers explain that I think

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    Bombshell covers explain that I think
    quite possibly ... alternate covers always seem to give issues a bump. Especially since this one is a mid-arc issue it seems odd that we'd see an increase.

BANNED

bombshells got a bump for all comics that had them, but smaller than the last year

Astonishing Member

September Sales:
    Index: 31.60
    Sales this month: 36,150
    Sales last month: 39,646
    Drop from last month (number of books): -3,496
    Drop from last month (percentage): -8.82%
    WL: 0 [Does anyone know what "WL" means?)

(From CBR's front page)
    Last edited by Silvanus; 10-12-2015 at 11:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    43 31.60 $3.99 DC Wonder Woman (2011) 44 36,150 43 39,646 -3,496 -8.82% 0
    I don't remember you doing this for the Azz run

At least not for the individual issues

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog
    I don't remember you doing this for the Azz run

At least not for the individual issues
    I just copied it from the CBR news post and reformatted it (apparently after you quoted me) to make it readable. I don't remember CBR doing this before. During the Azz run, whenever someone hadn't always gotten to it first, I often posted the sales from ComicChron or ICV2, but they don't list the previous months sale's and the drop. Occasionally I figured out the percentage drop myself and posted it, as others also did sometimes. (Of course, I may have been more likely to do it in months when the drop was low. )

Also, to be fair, I think the 8.82% drop for this month needs to be understood in light of the fact that last month's sales were a little higher than usual, apparently due to the Bombshells variant.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 10-12-2015 at 06:01 PM.

BANNED

Wonder Woman 77 (2015) Special 2 17,101

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    I just copied it from the CBR news post and reformatted it (apparently after you quoted me) to make it readable. I don't remember CBR doing this before. During the Azz run, whenever someone hadn't always gotten to it first, I often posted the sales from ComicChron or ICV2, but they don't list the previous months sale's and the drop. Occasionally I figured out the percentage drop myself and posted it, as others also did sometimes. (Of course, I may have been more likely to do it in months when the drop was low. )

Also, to be fair, I think the 8.82% drop for this month needs to be understood in late of the fact that last month's sales were a little higher than usual, apparently due to the Bombshells variant.
    To be honest, don't really care about the sales figure much. Only for Wonder Woman '77 as that is the only one I am paying for.

Just ribbing you

BANNED

so there was a sensation comics issue too.

Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (2014) 14 10,262

very fun seeing the trade sales

DC Wonder Woman v6: Bones 3,042

Wonder Woman v7: War Torn 2,050

DC Wonder Woman v1: Blood 520 total est. sales 19,831

the sales of vol1 are really great

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    so there was a sensation comics issue too.

Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (2014) 14 10,262

very fun seeing the trade sales

DC Wonder Woman v6: Bones 3,042

Wonder Woman v7: War Torn 2,050

DC Wonder Woman v1: Blood 520 total est. sales 19,831

the sales of vol1 are really great
    I didn't have a sense of what trade sales are like, so I was wondering if you were being sarcastic; but it looks like only 4 New 52 trades did better than WW v6 last month, and three of those were volumes of Batman. So I guess you're right; thanks for pointing this out!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

has anyone compiled the sales results for each issue of the finches' fun so far? I would be curious to see how the sales are flowing.