Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Let's take this discussion to another thread, please, and leave this one for numbers reporting and discussion
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Well, issue #47 coming in at over 40k was an interesting turn. Cheetah fans or upswing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well, issue #47 coming in at over 40k was an interesting turn. Cheetah fans or upswing?
    nah, it was the polybag harleyquinn variant gimmick, it increase the sales. i would like to see the sales from ww book without the variants

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    nah, it was the polybag harleyquinn variant gimmick, it increase the sales. i would like to see the sales from ww book without the variants

This title has had variant covers regularly since the last 1/3 of Azzarello's run. In fact, there was a Harley Quinn variant cover during Azz's run as well by my favorite Wonder Woman artist, Phil Jimenez:

As for the Cheetah, either Dan Didio or Meredith Finch(I don't remember which one) flat out said on Twitter that the reason the Cheetah appeared in this issue was due to fan demand.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 01-12-2016 at 04:42 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The Harley Quinn polybags became a bit more popular once it was discovered that DC hid original art in random bags.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-book-polybags

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    The Harley Quinn polybags became a bit more popular once it was discovered that DC hid original art in random bags.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-book-polybags

Right but that fact wasn't revealed until way after comic shops placed their orders so those additional sales are not accounted for in last month's numbers just yet.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

There are enough interesting question marks that I feel like it is tough to say, for sure. Just seemed like it was worth taking note of.

seems like the audiences were very interested in seeing the Cheetah issue ... sales figures look pretty significantly up for Issue #47 coming in at just over 40k, up by 17% from November.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    seems like the audiences were very interested in seeing the Cheetah issue ... sales figures look pretty significantly up for Issue #47 coming in at just over 40k, up by 17% from November.

Wow - that's awesome! I hope DC gets the message loud and clear that some of Wonder Woman's fans are interested in reading about her original rogues. Between Cheetah and Dr. Poison's recent appearances in the WW solo book, Baroness Paula Von Gunther appearing in Bomshells, and the villain featured in this week's The Legend of Wonder Woman, I'm pretty happy right now. I hope this trend continues.

BANNED

it was because of the variant cover

Extraordinary Member

Can we have numbers for 46 and 47 please?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

it was because of the variant cover
    I'm sure that played it's role too ... but I think that's a pretty significant bump for just a variant cover.

BANNED

I'm sure that played it's role too ... but I think that's a pretty significant bump for just a variant cover.
    it was the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Wonder Woman 47 $3.99 DC 40,123
    77 Wonder Woman 46 $3.99 DC 34,042

Wonder Woman 45 $3.99 DC 33,885
    Last edited by Tayswift; 01-29-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    46 was 34k and 47 was 40k

Extraordinary Member

it was the reason.

Wonder Woman 47 $3.99 DC 40,123
    77 Wonder Woman 46 $3.99 DC 34,042

Wonder Woman 45 $3.99 DC 33,885
    Thanks guys.

No way and I believing a 6000 increase (18%) was all about a one off story with The Cheetah.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor