Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 430
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,158

    Default

    Really great work Slvn.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,158

    Default

    According to what I read, WW #30 sold 31,094.

    That would be an increase of about 0.3%.

    That's unusual, but maybe the reference to the Firstborn in Doomed got some folks curious.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  3. #18
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    According to what I read, WW #30 sold 31,094.

    That would be an increase of about 0.3%.

    That's unusual, but maybe the reference to the Firstborn in Doomed got some folks curious.
    No, because these numbers are pre-ordered weels before Doomed

  4. #19
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    No, because these numbers are pre-ordered weels before Doomed
    Hmmm, true. Though maybe the knowledge she was going to play such an important role in the series raised some interest.

    Another possibility is the return of the Amazons got some lapsed fans interested enough to pick up the issue.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  5. #20
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Hmmm, true. Though maybe the knowledge she was going to play such an important role in the series raised some interest.

    Another possibility is the return of the Amazons got some lapsed fans interested enough to pick up the issue.
    Probably is the the Finale arriving, that was announced on comic cons and dc all access.

  6. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Wonder Woman 31 $2.99 DC 30,655

    Superman Wonder Woman 8 $3.99 DC 47,803

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Wonder Woman 31 $2.99 DC 30,655

    Superman Wonder Woman 8 $3.99 DC 47,803
    SM/WW #8 sold out along with Doomed #1 and Action 31 so expect those final numbers to be higher.

    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...-doomed-again/

  8. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    227

    Default

    One thing I don't understand, whenever I come to the WW blog, fans are always saying how awful the SM/WW series is, how bad it's sales are! But everytime the sale figures are shown, the SM/WW comic book series consistly out sales WW solo comics!! Their series has out sold WW solo series in Oct. the first month it came out, it out sold WW solo comic for the months of Nov and Dec. of 2013! Their comics book series has out sold WW solo comic every month in 2014! To me the SM/WW series isn't hurting WW at all! It's giving her more expose!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 06-16-2014 at 07:00 PM.

  9. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    One thing I don't understand, whenever I come to the WW blog, fans are always saying how awful the SM/WW series is, how bad it's sales are! But everytime the sale figures are shown, the SM/WW comic book series consistly out sales WW solo comics!! Their series has out sold WW solo series in Oct. the first month it came out, it out sold WW solo comic for the months of Nov and Dec. of 2013! Their comics book series has out sold WW solo comic every month in 2014! To me the SM/WW series isn't hurting WW at all! It's giving her more expose!!
    smww still is #9, while WW is at #33 and had sales decreasing faster than the WW book. Sure with the Doomed Xover it increased the orders. But harley quinn is selling 65k, yeah take your own conclusions

  10. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    smww still is #9, while WW is at #33 and had sales decreasing faster than the WW book. Sure with the Doomed Xover it increased the orders. But harley quinn is selling 65k, yeah take your own conclusions
    Isn't Harley Quinn joker henchwoman? isn't that part of the batman family? It seem everything that tied to Batman sales, that what I get from it!! I still like SM/WW comic book series better than WW solo comic book!

  11. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    Isn't Harley Quinn joker henchwoman? isn't that part of the batman family? It seem everything that tied to Batman sales, that what I get from it!! I still like SM/WW comic book series better than WW solo comic book!
    Harley comic barely mentions Joker, it has more sexual innuendo with poison ivy/harley. No, she is not the joker henchwoman in her comic. She is a character from Batman, true story. But she is not part of Batman family and isn't even in Gotham.
    I just find hilariously that people keep saying how smww is a big couple, will sell like hotcakes, but the biggest success from DC is Harley Quinn.

  12. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Harley comic barely mentions Joker, it has more sexual innuendo with poison ivy/harley. No, she is not the joker henchwoman in her comic. She is a character from Batman, true story. But she is not part of Batman family and isn't even in Gotham.
    I just find hilariously that people keep saying how smww is a big couple, will sell like hotcakes, but the biggest success from DC is Harley Quinn.
    Blacksun, why do you keep doing this!! You don't like SM/WW as a couple and you don't like their comic book series, that fine!! Why are you always attacking fans that do like the couple and really enjoy their series. Why can't we enjoy the couple and their series?? For me I've been reading comics for 50 years, every since I was 6 !! I never thought I'd see a comics book that would explore their relationship as a couple!! I plan to buy every book! No matter how long the series last!! I also hope that when Azz stops writing WW solo comic that SM will appear in her series, than I will truly be on cloud 9!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 06-16-2014 at 08:31 PM.

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    Blacksun, why do you keep doing this!! You don't like SM/WW as a couple and you don't like their comic book series, that fine!! Why are you always attacking fans that do like the couple and really enjoy their series. Why can't we enjoy the couple and their series?? For me I've been reading comics for 50 years, every since I was 6 !! I never thought I'd see a comics book that would explore their relationship as a couple!! I plan to buy every book! No matter how long the series last!!
    I'm not attacking anyone!! just comparing sales. you said there is people at WW blogs that said sales are low, I gave my explanation for it.

  14. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I'm not attacking anyone!! just comparing sales. you said there is people at WW blogs that said sales are low, I gave my explanation for it.
    OK!! OK!! You have had your say, that leave it at that!!

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    One thing I don't understand, whenever I come to the WW blog, fans are always saying how awful the SM/WW series is, how bad it's sales are! But everytime the sale figures are shown, the SM/WW comic book series consistly out sales WW solo comics!! Their series has out sold WW solo series in Oct. the first month it came out, it out sold WW solo comic for the months of Nov and Dec. of 2013! Their comics book series has out sold WW solo comic every month in 2014! To me the SM/WW series isn't hurting WW at all! It's giving her more expose!!
    You've made this point a few times, and, respectfully, I don't get why it's hard why some people may think it's "bad" (or, as I think, increasingly good but still not as as good as Wonder Woman) even thought it sells better than current issues of Wonder Woman." Here, again, are a few points to consider:

    1. Sales don't necessarily equal quality. The #1 bestselling comic, book or moview isn't necessarily the best comic, book or movie in any individual's eyes. Or, do you disagree with that?

    2. Almost all comics lose sales over time, and so it's not surprising that issue 31 of one comic isn't selling as well as issue 8 of another.

    3. SM/WW is currently part of a much hyped crossover. Those drive sales up temporarily.

    I'd love to know what you think of these points, and whether I'm missing something about your point. It seems like if we respond to each others' points this conversation could progress instead of just repeating next month.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •