Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Pretty much that.

The book isn't titled Cheetah. One issue or ten, I want folks buying the book to read Wonder Woman.

I want the book to sell because of Diana too but given how poorly Cheetah has been treated since Simone's run(with a few exceptions like her appearance in Justice League & out of continuity books), I'm happy that her return issue sold so well.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 02-14-2016 at 10:59 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

From http://icv2.com/articles/markets/vie...february-2016:

Wonder Woman #49 - 35,398(up from 32,687 last month)
    Superman/Wonder Woman #26 - 32,108
    The Legend of Wonder Woman #2 - 16,816
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Huh. Wonder rogue goes away/Olympians come back, and sales go up.

While it's not exactly a situation without outside factors, that was an interesting increase.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

While it's not exactly a situation without outside factors, that was an interesting increase.
    there is also the neal adams variant and a Wonder Woman Triptych variant cover by • KIM JUNG GI. probably this is the reason for the increase

So then you'll agree that Cheetah was responsible for the increase of the sales of the issue in which she appeared?

Some other things to consider about the issue that Dr. Poison appeared in:

- Retailers had to place their orders nearly 3 months ahead of time based on a solicit that didn't mention she would appear in the book. We didn't know she was appearing until 1 month ahead when tag-line at the end of the issue featuring Cheetah had the word "Poison" in it.

- The solicit alluded to Zeke and the Olympians appearing in place of Dr. Poison.

- Dr. Poison is nowhere as well known as Cheetah, Giganta, Circe, or Ares so I would never expect an issue with her to sell anywhere close to one featuring the 4 previously mentioned villains.

- The Finches could have done a better job with the new Dr. Poison by a.) Keeping her Japanese heritage, b.) Giving her a proper costume, c.) Keeping her knowledge of mythological biology.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 03-10-2016 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    So then you'll agree that Cheetah was responsible for the increase of the sales of the issue in which she appeared?
    Not really. While "deadpan" doesn't really show up on the page....

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    there is also the neal adams variant and a Wonder Woman Triptych variant cover by • KIM JUNG GI. probably this is the reason for the increase
    I think that the increase that accompanied the variant here seems like it looks like the increase that accompanied the Cheetah issue that had a similar variant.

Rogues vs. mythology looks like it's less and less of an issue. Seems like variants are the most likely culprit when it comes to sales bumps.

BANNED

Not really. While "deadpan" doesn't really show up on the page....

I think that the increase that accompanied the variant here seems like it looks like the increase that accompanied the Cheetah issue that had a similar variant.

Rogues vs. mythology looks like it's less and less of an issue. Seems like variants are the most likely culprit when it comes to sales bumps.
    this is my conclusion too, variant covers that influenced the sales

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    this is my conclusion too, variant covers that influenced the sales

So would you both then agree that variant covers helped Azzarello's sales for the issues that had them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    So would you both then agree that variant covers helped every comic that has ever had one?
    I'd agree that it's a little more like that.

I'd agree that it's a little more like that.
    I think this is more true due to distributor sales. Orders for variant covers are higher, but that doesn't = sales increases for every title that has a variant cover.

- If the potential soft reboot is coming and you are a fan, there's not much of a reason to stay onboard.
    - If the potential soft reboot is coming and you have been thinking about dropping the book, there's not much of a reason to stay on board.

It's sort of a tough spot to be in.
    I have recently gotten back into comics again (a year and a half now), and was quite annoyed when Marvel came with Secret Wars and its shake up just when I started picking up more of the books and getting a hang of it again. Have barely picked up a Marvel book since.

So, I got into DC and was about to start reading Wonder Woman for the first time, when I heard about this. So yeah, am going to wait now until this soft reboot has set in. Don't want to read stuff of which I know that it will go nowhere or get rebooted again anyway.

Incredible Member

Wonder Woman 50 $4.99 DC 36,328

Fantastic Member

Wonder Woman is now finally below 30k, good job finches.

Wonder Woman 51 $3.99 DC 29,787