Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Any one want to make some guesses on what Rebrith/Rucka's first issues will hit in sales? I'm betting it'll hit over 60k units given that Finch's first issue was roughly 58k ... possibly even closer to Azzarello's 76k since it's going to be a new Issue #1 as well ... thoughts? Will Rucka score a top 10 issue?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Any one want to make some guesses on what Rebrith/Rucka's first issues will hit in sales? I'm betting it'll hit over 60k units given that Finch's first issue was roughly 58k ... possibly even closer to Azzarello's 76k since it's going to be a new Issue #1 as well ... thoughts? Will Rucka score a top 10 issue?

Given that Rucka and Scott are big names with DC fans, especially when associated with Wonder Woman, I'm going to say it will net at least $75K or maybe even $80K given all of the positive feedback I've seen about the upcoming run. I will be very surprised if it sells significantly less than the New 52 #1 given that in the poll I ran in the link below, almost 75% of our voters are more excited for Rebirth's #1 than the New 52 #1:

http://community.comicbookresources....2-Wonder-Woman
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 05-31-2016 at 01:20 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Given that Rucka and Scott are big names with DC fans, especially when associated with Wonder Woman, I'm going to say it will net at least $75K or maybe even $80K given all of the positive feedback I've seen about the upcoming run. I will be very surprised if it sells significantly less than the New 52 #1 given that in the poll I ran in the link below, almost 75% of our voters are more excited for Rebirth's #1 than the New 52 #1:

http://community.comicbookresources....2-Wonder-Woman
    I agree ... I think Rucka's return to the solo has really generated some excitement. I would love to see the title hit a top 10 number as we head around the bend into her 75th anniversary year and with the movie on the horizon!

Fantastic Member

New 52 Wonder Woman #1 was one of DC's 12 or something comics which sold more than 100k. It went to reprint because it was sold out.

As for Rucka's #1, I m sure it will sell around 90k, it might crack the 100k.

I'd say this is a good start.

I think it will absolutely do higher than Azz's #1. People are on a Wonder Woman kick from BvS, and with her solo movie a year away, people are jazzed up to read her comics. Rebirth looks to be a great jumping on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I think it will absolutely do higher than Azz's #1. People are on a Wonder Woman kick from BvS, and with her solo movie a year away, people are jazzed up to read her comics. Rebirth looks to be a great jumping on point.
    It will be interesting to see how sales hold together after the "Rebirth" set of #1 issues.

Elsewhere, it seems like things aren't exactly best case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Yes, all signs seem to be pointing to a very strong start for WW Rebirth!

Incredible Member

Yes, all signs seem to be pointing to a very strong start for WW Rebirth!

#61 Wonder Woman 52 $3.99 DC 29,673
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...6/2016-05.html

Is this before or after the Rebirth issue? Because this is about 100 < April's issue #51 so I do not know where the sold out issue fits into the math. I can't imagine these numbers are for the sold-out/reprinted issue. Unless they only printed <20k or something.

This also means the all-female A Force, Silk, Black Widow, Gwenpool, Thor, Empress, and Harley Quinn outsell WW. Unless she gets a huge boost from the movie she will not be the premier female superhero in the coming years/decade. Spider-Woman and Batgirl are not that far behind her. I was hoping she would lead the way in this post-modern/post-feminist century.
    Last edited by Charlie Rock; 06-16-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Rock View Post

Is this before or after the Rebirth issue? Because this is about 100 < April's issue #51 so I do not know where the sold out issue fits into the math. I can't imagine these numbers are for the sold-out/reprinted issue. Unless they only printed <20k or something.

This also means the all-female A Force, Silk, Black Widow, Gwenpool, Thor, Empress, and Harley Quinn outsell WW. Unless she gets a huge boost from the movie she will not be the premier female superhero in the coming years/decade. Spider-Woman and Batgirl are not that far behind her. I was hoping she would lead the way in this post-modern/post-feminist century.
    Yes, this is issue 52 ... Rebirth started with a new #1 issue. The Finch run has been in near-free-fall basically since their first issue. I suspect we'll see Rebirth Issue #1 hitting the top 10, or be very close! I'm betting this issue will outsell Azzarello's Issue #1 from 2011 and approach 100k in sales

Incredible Member

Yes, this is issue 52 ... Rebirth started with a new #1 issue. The Finch run has been in near-free-fall basically since their first issue. I suspect we'll see Rebirth Issue #1 hitting the top 10, or be very close! I'm betting this issue will outsell Azzarello's Issue #1 from 2011 and approach 100k in sales
    I can't tell if you are being serious.
    100k is Batman numbers, and even as a long time fan of WW I'll admit she is not going to outsell the Dark Knight. New 52 #1 only made it mid-way up the 70ks. And DC had a lot more goodwill with fans regarding reboots by then. Every reboot since then has brought in a smaller "bump" in sales.
    Last edited by Charlie Rock; 06-17-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Thor is not an all-female book. The last two issues were focussing on the history of the actual Thor.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Thor is not an all-female book. The last two issues were focussing on the history of the actual Thor.
    I was listing titles with females as the main, titular character. A-Force is a team title and everyone knows that. But it's not as well known that they are an all female team. Or at least it is not obvious from their team's name. I did not mean for that term to describe the entire list. Sorry.
    I did notice Thor wasn't on this month's cover but she was on last month's. And Thor has been female for many months now. If they are using an expository storyline currently doesn't change that it is a title driven by a female lead.
    Last edited by Charlie Rock; 06-18-2016 at 02:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I was listing titles with females as the main, titular character. A-Force is a team title and everyone knows that. But it's not as well known that they are an all female team. Or at least it is not obvious from their team's name. I did not mean for that term to describe the entire list. Sorry.
    I did notice Thor wasn't on this month's cover but she was on last month's. And Thor has been female for many months now. If they are using an expository storyline currently doesn't change that it is a title driven by a female lead.
    Temporarily. Thor is not female. Only T.H.O.R. [The Hammer's Other Recipient]. The last two issues were about Thor.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Temporarily. Thor is not female. Only T.H.O.R. [The Hammer's Other Recipient]. The last two issues were about Thor.
    I guess that would have been obvious if I actually read that series instead of admiring the cover art every Wednesday.

I can't tell if you are being serious.
    100k is Batman numbers, and even as a long time fan of WW I'll admit she is not going to outsell the Dark Knight. New 52 #1 only made it mid-way up the 70ks. And DC had a lot more goodwill with fans regarding reboots by then. Every reboot since then has brought in a smaller "bump" in sales.
    She hit 76K issues with a much less well known team at the helm ... Azzarello and Chiang did not have the following of a Rucka/Scott/Sharpe team. And I full anticipate that BM will also get a large bump for his Rebirth #1 issue ... BM #1 for N52 sold 188k to WW's 76k and Simone's Batgirl sold 81k for N52 issue #1 so I expect Rucka's #1 to be higher because he has a large following.