Wonder Woman #50 - 38,375
    Wonder Woman #51 - 50,901

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-07.html

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Good start for Orlando...

Woah that’s one hell of a leap. Maybe now DC will actually try to take care of Diana instead of using her as the dumping ground for their has-beens. Diana is at the height of her popularity, give the title a strong creative team and people will show up.

Yeah, a 25% increase is rather staggering, especially since the marginal costs are rather marginal in this case. But I do hope they take notice and that Wilson can write good stories with a running start.

The numbers for JLD also looked good. Hopefully the two titles can help each other to reach new readers.

Well we do have a better writer this time but at least all of them aren't rebooting her and working off the foundation set already.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Good start for Orlando...

Frankly I'm surprised #50 did sold as well as it did.

#700 was such a non-event compared to the Thor issue of the same number. Honestly it was just embarrassing.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

WONDER WOMAN

#51 = 50,901 (+12,526) Orlando first issue

#52 = 36,259 (-14,640)

#53 = 34,990 (1,269)

#54 = 34,966 (-24)

#55 = 33,851 (-1,115)

#57 = 42,417 (Witching hour crossover)

#58 = 44,467 (+2,250) (Wilson first issue)

#59 = 37,418 (-7,049)

#60 = 36,966 (-452)

Orlando’s first three issues sold about 122K.

Wilson’s first three issues sold about 119K.
    Last edited by brettc1; 02-01-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    WONDER WOMAN

#57 = 42,417 (Wilson first issue)

#58 = 44,467 (+2,250)

#59 = 37,418 (-7,049)

#60 = 36,966 (-452)
    Ouch. Hope it improves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Ouch. Hope it improves.
    If gww continues to be more interested in lecturing us about American foreign policy and the plight of refugees than telling a good Wonder Woman story. I doubt that sales will improve.

Extraordinary Member

Ouch. Hope it improves.
    Well, the book is doing about as well so far as Orlando did - not as big a first issue jump, but it has held a little stronger month to month. So no matter what I think of the story that’s encouraging sales wise.

We still have to wait the figures come out for January.

I wonder if the art hurt it.

BANNED

I wonder if the art hurt it.
    The art. Diana not being in many pages like in the last issue for example. The underwhelming action and power feats that has been a trend in Wonder land for far too long, etc. A book that should scream epic adventures feels too underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    The art. Diana not being in many pages like in the last issue for example. The underwhelming action and power feats that has been a trend in Wonder land for far too long, etc. A book that should scream epic adventures feels too underwhelming.
    Guys, let's not turn this into another 'what do I hate about the book' threads. It's primarily for the posting of sales numbers.

Individual issues should be discussed in the appropriate thread.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Guys, let's not turn this into another 'what do I hate about the book' threads. It's primarily for the posting of sales numbers.

Individual issues should be discussed in the appropriate thread.
    Gael is right. Consider this a source of data you can refer to without having to dig through the internet yourself. Assessments about the causes and what it means is for other threads.

How can Diana ever get her sales back? I mean Rucka's run was stable. What did he do right that some writers on rebirth do right?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How can Diana ever get her sales back? I mean Rucka's run was stable. What did he do right that some writers on rebirth do right?
    1. He got her character a lot better than the Finches.

2. He returned her mythos to a usable state.

3. Used her established supporting cast and villains (with admittedly varying degrees of success).