Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
    I checked the twitter for Conrad. Can't seem to find that quote about sales continuing. Might have missed it. But he said this after he got tipsy
    Attachment 111491
    Attachment 111493

He will never say sales went down, he can't. Other reviewers saw this also https://www.weirdsciencedccomics.com...75-review.html
    The thing is. Even Mariko Tamaki run was registered on comichron list :
    765 at rank 48
    764 at 63
    766 at 27
    767 at 17
    768 at 28
    769 at 20

While their run dropped like hell
    770 rank 73
    771 rank 72
    772 rank 73
    773 is not even in top 200. And no wonder here. June to early to decide.

Whatever Conrad is saying is irrelevant. Sales plummeted. That is certain. If they will stay for a long run we do not know, they are so far. But Wonder Woman is doing her worse in many many years.

This is the first bad review I've seen from this run and the majority of readers that I've seen speak out about this run seem to be happy. Also - if sales on the solo book were really that bad currently, I doubt DC would release 12 different books in October to celebrate Diana's 80th anniversary. It wouldn't make financial sense to do so.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The team is good and reception so far is positive. They should relaunch the book with a new #1 to get peoples attention but the same team.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The team is good and reception so far is positive. They should relaunch the book with a new #1 to get peoples attention but the same team.
    Oh man, I hope things don't get that bad. I don't want DC to turn the way of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Oh man, I hope things don't get that bad. I don't want DC to turn the way of Marvel.
    People complain but relaunches and events get more sales and attention than good solid writing. Simply the way of the world now. If a relaunch would improve sales, I say keep the teams but do a renumbering.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    People complain but relaunches and events get more sales and attention than good solid writing. Simply the way of the world now.
    Captain America alone has 9 volumes. It's one heck of a mess.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 08-04-2021 at 08:04 PM. Reason: language, please :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This is the first bad review I've seen from this run and the majority of readers that I've seen speak out about this run seem to be happy. Also - if sales on the solo book were really that bad currently, I doubt DC would release 12 different books in October to celebrate Diana's 80th anniversary. It wouldn't make financial sense to do so.
    The book is selling $1-2 more than before so even if they are selling less copies they aren't necessarily making less money than the previous runs.

Edit: And if I'm being honest, I think their push this year has less to do with the current sales of this run and more to do with #750 Anniversary Issue nabbing the #1 slot the month it was released.

They would have started production on all this books months before the current run hit the selves. Starting a new series or even pitching story ideas can take the better part of a year.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-16-2021 at 07:40 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    The book is selling $1-2 more than before so even if they are selling less copies they aren't necessarily making less money than the previous runs.

Edit: And if I'm being honest, I think their push this year has less to do with the current sales of this run and more to do with #750 Anniversary Issue nabbing the #1 slot the month it was released.

They would have started production on all this books months before the current run hit the selves. Starting a new series or even pitching story ideas can take the better part of a year.

True but if Diana's solo book was selling poorly, I'm thinking they would have scaled back their release plans for October. Why flood the market with books that aren't profitable?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

All-New Member

I haven't seen almost any bad reviews on almost any comics at all. There are singular ones but that's it. Same here. I didn't brought it up to show a bad score. Just to highlight that people notice drop on sales. You want more shitty reviews you turn to YouTube. There are plenty not liking it one bit. But that's not the point here. I wasn't trying to judge or evaluate their work. They will be replaced by another team. Sooner or later. Just the way it is.

As for 12 titles. Sure. You excepted anything less? On 80th anniversary? Flooding with titles? It's not GL. They will sell that. They always do. That's why every event sells. Usually because it's one and done. Same with renumbered issues. Or any special event editions.

As for financial sense. It always makes money. It just that it's not really made for it. Comics are generally a commercials now for a big and small screen really. That's why Black Adam is highlited as a new leader of JL. That's why Naomi gets her time to shine.

But since DC stopped giving us sales numbers, we have only two sources on it. And they are pretty accurate. The sales on WW suck. And they haven't suck that bad in many years. Sure they are more expensive. But again that's not the point. They dropped even comparing to Tamaki. Even to Orlando.

Ranks do not lie. The team may stay since let's be frank. It's not Batman. You don't get fired if you drop below certain level. Perez didn't. Gail wasnt. And her run was selling medicorly also.
    Last edited by Alakazam; 07-17-2021 at 05:59 PM.

1st number: Unit ranking
    2nd number: $ ranking

Last Pre-Covid (Feb. & March 2020)

64 63 Wonder Woman #751 26,624 Units
    65 64 Wonder Woman #752 26,342 Units
    66 67 Wonder Woman #753 25,508 Units
    68 n.a. Wonder Woman #754 25,109 Units

Estimated Numbers Tamaki (Sept. & Oct. 2020)

44 n.a Wonder Woman #762 35,000 - 41,000 Units
    66 n.a. Wonder Woman #763 27,000 - 32,000 Units
    63 n.a. Wonder Woman #764 28,000 - 34,000 Units
    48 n.a. Wonder Woman #765 35,000 - 43,000 Units

Estimated Numbers Cloonrad (June 2021)

81 71 Wonder Woman #773 35,278 - 36,005 Units
    118 100 Wonder Woman #774 25,100 - 27,052 Units

And to compare June 2021 to June 2019:

55 53 Wonder Woman #72 32,604 Units
    58 59 Wonder Woman #73 31,459 Units

Cloonrad’s sales seem pretty average, but the huge drop between #773 and #774 is concerning. But the reasons for the drop are pretty obvious. #773 wrapped up the Asgard arc, Moore left art duties, and June was the first 2021 double shipping month.

Moore’s return in October should give a little sales boost and how Cloonrad write Diana on Earth is going to make or break the run.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    1st number: Unit ranking
    2nd number: $ ranking

Last Pre-Covid (Feb. & March 2020)

64 63 Wonder Woman #751 26,624 Units
    65 64 Wonder Woman #752 26,342 Units
    66 67 Wonder Woman #753 25,508 Units
    68 n.a. Wonder Woman #754 25,109 Units

Estimated Numbers Tamaki (Sept. & Oct. 2020)

44 n.a Wonder Woman #762 35,000 - 41,000 Units
    66 n.a. Wonder Woman #763 27,000 - 32,000 Units
    63 n.a. Wonder Woman #764 28,000 - 34,000 Units
    48 n.a. Wonder Woman #765 35,000 - 43,000 Units

Estimated Numbers Cloonrad (June 2021)

81 71 Wonder Woman #773 35,278 - 36,005 Units
    118 100 Wonder Woman #774 25,100 - 27,052 Units

And to compare June 2021 to June 2019:

55 53 Wonder Woman #72 32,604 Units
    58 59 Wonder Woman #73 31,459 Units

Cloonrad’s sales seem pretty average, but the huge drop between #773 and #774 is concerning. But the reasons for the drop are pretty obvious. #773 wrapped up the Asgard arc, Moore left art duties, and June was the first 2021 double shipping month.

Moore’s return in October should give a little sales boost and how Cloonrad write Diana on Earth is going to make or break the run.
    The run is pretty average so far. So that should also explain the sales.

So is Wonder Woman doing okay in selling?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So is Wonder Woman doing okay in selling?
    Why worry about it? Unless you hear DC is cancelling the top comic book heroine from their lineup, they will still keep on pumping out the book. They make most of their money from Wonder Woman on their merchandise and movie and TV properties. I think they keep selling the book even though the sales do not look very good to keep her in the perpetual public eye.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    True but if Diana's solo book was selling poorly, I'm thinking they would have scaled back their release plans for October. Why flood the market with books that aren't profitable?
    Cuz, it's her 80th?

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Cuz, it's her 80th?

I don't think that would matter much if there wasn't a profitable avenue in it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They are trying to change their tactic so when the books dont sell they can say "we tried, they didnt sell, be happy with your 1 comic"