Super Moderator

Default Gerads Guides the "Punisher" Back to L.A. With a Vengeance

"Punisher" artist Mitch Gerads discusses Frank Castle's return to a drug cartel ravaged Los Angeles and bringing to life his and writer Nathan Edmondson's story.

Full article here.

BANNED

Looks awesome! Can't wait for issue 12

Rachel is back?
    WOHO!

The art from issue #12 and the action seems GREAT! Can't wait for the upcoming issue!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Love, love, love Edmonson and Gerads on Punisher - it's quickly becoming one of my top Marvel titles, and Gerads' art and colors are a huge part of that. Nice to see the title getting press despite a lack of Avengers/X-Men affiliation.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

And this title needs some press by Marvel. It's a good book and people should give a chance to it. Specially now that Rachel is back.

Amazing Member

Honestly had no interest in this, but hearing that Rachel is returning definitely makes me curious at the very least.

...sixteen, seventeen... Fifteen's Avatar

What. Rachel Cole Alves is back? Guess I'll be picking up issue 11 along with my regular books when I go to the comic book store tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
    What. Rachel Cole Alves is back? Guess I'll be picking up issue 11 along with my regular books when I go to the comic book store tomorrow.
    Excelent pick, you are in time for the party on issue #12.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Sadly Rucka's excellent Punisher flew under too many radar's as well.
    I do hope history doesn't repeat so soon cause Edmondson is also doing a great job with Frank in a 616 world.
    With Rachel back it's now starting to feel like getting the best of both worlds.

I'm assuming sales at this point must be ok enough cause it wasn't mentioned as a title in danger a few weeks back like Elektra & Invaders.
    Still, Marvel would do wise to put some promotion behind this. We get it, AXIS isn't done and you're already touting Secret Wars. Put just a marginal percentage of all that hoopla money into promoting Punisher, Black Widow and Moon Knight as well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Personally i think the events of AXIS should affect some books like Punisher, Widow and Moon Knight, he doesn't have to be a full arc but at least one issue or two per book.

Right now in terms of sales Edmondson's run is doing slightly better than Rucka's but we don't have the numbers of issue #11, i believe with the appearence of Rachel things will be better.