Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    The announcement of "No More Mutants" at NYCC has rekindled the belief in many that Marvel intends to remove mutants from the equation; namely to convert them into Inhumans.

I do not see any logical way this could/should come about, but many do, so I decided to create a place for greater understanding of the differences/similarities between the two superpowered factions.

There are some things I want to put up first:

Origin of mutants (the X-Gene): I could use some help with this, because I've lost track in terms of "children of the atom" vs "next phase of evolution" vs "something something Apocalypse"

Origin of the Inhumans (the Terrigen Mists): I'll put this in later when I have time, though feel free to add your own because I'm sure I'll miss something.

Some feel the Scarlet Witch will be behind the transformation. But without actually going through Terrigenesis what makes a mutant different from an Inhuman?

What does the franchise stand to lose/gain from becoming Inhumans? What about the Marvel brand?
    there's honestly no reason to think this would ever happen, and there's no reason whatsoever to set these two things against each other

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, how long i know, the X-gene comes from the time that the Celestials did some experiments on the humanity's ancestors.

And, to be sincere, the only difference between a mutant and a inhuman, its that a mutant is hunted by everyone, including the government.

And the only gain that i can see is that maybe the mutant-turned-inhuman wouldnt longer have to worry about being hunted anymore; well, either that, or, though is neither a loss or a gain, the Inhumans, in general, would start being hunted by everyone, including the government.
    Inhumans were being slaughtered in those reeducation camps too, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    So far, the new Inhumans do seem to be getting hunted by various groups, but more because they want to try to exploit them and their powers than because they're simply feared and hated. Which would actually make more sense for mutants all along, too. As far as the governments and corporations of the world are concerned, they should all just be 'regular people who got powers', to be treated as exploitable assets or threats depending on their exact powers or inclinations, regardless of exactly how they got the powers or what they've been called.
    Also, that.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Guessing the House of M world is being used over in Secret Wars.

BANNED

I find the shared connection between Inhumans and mutants through Atlantis to be pretty fascinating. It's never come up (mainly because dealings between the X-Men and Namor are often... tense), but it's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I find the shared connection between Inhumans and mutants through Atlantis to be pretty fascinating. It's never come up (mainly because dealings between the X-Men and Namor are often... tense), but it's interesting.
    You know what other group we need to see more of in the MU, that can have wildly varying powers and appearances?

The Deviants.

BANNED

There really is not a difference in the large scope of things. Other than the way or when they gain the power they are pretty interchangeable. The one thing the focus on the in humans that it gives to Marvel is a way to use naturally inborn powers in their media. This is the one area they are lacking. It will not mean the end of X or mutants, maybe less of a marketing focus but really, the X line doesn't need it, the inhumans would.I think the no more mutants second round just comes from Axis fallout and the X-nation. Maybe Wanda and Pietro will lose their mutant status with the revelations promised but it would not be such a stretch for these 2 considering their past and interactions (especially Pietro and his time at Mount W and the crystals). If we want a mutant type movie from marvel the Inhumans are the only option at this point so Marvel needs to focus on the inhuman. The X are, for the foreseeable future, in the Fox hole having naughty pool parties with Singer.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, how long i know, the X-gene comes from the time that the Celestials did some experiments on the humanity's ancestors.

And, to be sincere, the only difference between a mutant and a inhuman, its that a mutant is hunted by everyone, including the government.

And the only gain that i can see is that maybe the mutant-turned-inhuman wouldnt longer have to worry about being hunted anymore; well, either that, or, though is neither a loss or a gain, the Inhumans, in general, would start being hunted by everyone, including the government.
    Really so long as a mutant doesn't walk around wearing a X on their clothes I'm not sure how anyone would even know whether or not they were a mutant.

BANNED

Plus, if a mutant just changed in to an Inhuman, spontaneously, it wouldn't any different. They wouldn't know unless someone told them. The only difference is they don't have the epiphany that comes with several Terrigenisis cases.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really so long as a mutant doesn't walk around wearing a X on their clothes I'm not sure how anyone would even know whether or not they were a mutant.
    There are a fair number with physical mutations as well, of course, and the government at least has technology to detect them as built in to Sentinels. Power use wouldn't really reveal much, of course, what with all the other origins out there.

Mutants are born with the X-Gene that typically becomes apparent during your teens.

Inhumans go through a genetic process, the mist, also usually during your teens. This process instantly selects your power and thus your roll to the kingdom.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Mutants are born with the X-Gene that typically becomes apparent during your teens.

Inhumans go through a genetic process, the mist, also usually during your teens. This process instantly selects your power and thus your roll to the kingdom.
    Except the inhumans have to have the Inhuman gene for the mists to do anything.

Inhumans have a recessive X-Gene but the Mists turn it dominant.
    The Mutants already have a dominant gene...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Except the inhumans have to have the Inhuman gene for the mists to do anything.

Inhumans have a recessive X-Gene but the Mists turn it dominant.
    The Mutants already have a dominant gene...
    It's never been outright stated that the Inhuman genetics that let them get powers from Terrigenesis are actually the X-gene, or even a modified form of it... but since it has been stated that the Kree scientists responsible for the Inhumans were aware of and interested in the tampering the Celestials had already done, it's a reasonable speculation.

Although it would have to be substantially modified, so that the two forms seemed to cancel each other out in Luna as an infant, leading them to believe (although later being proved wrong) that she'd always be a normal human.

It's never been outright stated that the Inhuman genetics that let them get powers from Terrigenesis are actually the X-gene, or even a modified form of it... but since it has been stated that the Kree scientists responsible for the Inhumans were aware of and interested in the tampering the Celestials had already done, it's a reasonable speculation.

Although it would have to be substantially modified, so that the two forms seemed to cancel each other out in Luna as an infant, leading them to believe (although later being proved wrong) that she'd always be a normal human.
    My theory on Inhumans.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Then you have Bendis's retcon of the Beyonder being a mutant Inhuman. I wonder if that's going to be addressed soon.

BANNED

I always wondered what would happen if somebody had the genetics for both. Though I suppose the beyonder wasblucky to get favorable powers from each.