Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Those are some awesome finds, you guys! Don C, I'd definitely read them soon since it's October and all. If you want to sell, it'd probably be a good time to sell them pretty soon because Halloween is coming up.

I went back to my LCS today and raided the dollar bins once again. I picked up tons of new stuff today and the highlights were:
    - Archer and Armstrong (1992 series) #7-11
    - Archer and Armstrong (2012 series) #8
    - Cage #1 (1992)
    - East of West #11 (I consider this a great find because even though I've never read any of this series and reading this I probably won't know what's going on, but I've been really curious to check out an issue and for a dollar, I couldn't say no!)
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

love the bargain bins, my favorite part of going to cons. went to StocktonCon last weekend and found some stuff i've been wanting.

in the .50 bins, i ended up getting like $13 worth of books for $10
    1st & last issues(18 & 31) of bill sienkiewicz new mutants run, also #20 & 29

static shock #3 & 4(rebirth of cool) love john paul leon, anybody know if these are worth anything??

good chunk of casey & phillips wildcats, also a few issues of casey & nguyen wildcats 3.0 year 2

grendal behold the devil 1 & 2 from darkhorse which i believe are reprints??

from the $1 bins, the guy had a 15 for 10 deal which is about.66 an issue

elektra assassin by miller & sienkiewicz #2

havok & wolverine: meltdown vol 1 & 2

JLA/avengers #1(2003)

a big chunk of romita jr run on daredevil, i dig typhoid mary.

some issues of robin to try and complete damion scotts run on the series.

I'll always remember finding the Black Terror mini at like a 1$ bin. A Beau Smith/Chuck Dixon/Dan Brereton collaboration, it was pretty cool.

Also not a comic but bought at a used books/comics joint I am Legend 1st edition in mint condition.

A local book shop has started dabbling in comics and they have bins of $.25,$.50 and $1.00 comics. I spent a few hours going through them and found a few gems, at least in my opinion.

In the $.25 bins I fund a complete run of Young Super Heroes in Love and around 25 issues of Marvel Team Up. In the $.50 bins I found 48 issues of Spider-Girl and found the rest in the $1 bin, also in the $1 bin was the What If issue that Spider-Girl first appears in. Spent way more than I mean to but everything was in excellent condition so I can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    I'll always remember finding the Black Terror mini at like a 1$ bin. A Beau Smith/Chuck Dixon/Dan Brereton collaboration, it was pretty cool.

Also not a comic but bought at a used books/comics joint I am Legend 1st edition in mint condition.
    you're username reminded me i also found mr majestic #8, i'm a BIG fan of eric canete so i'm definitely going to be looking for #7 & 9 now.

one thing i hate about discount bins mostly at cons not shops so much, is when there's absolutely no rhyme or reason and are just completely random. i mean if they could at least seperate marvel from DC and then everything else would be OK. it's so frustrating because i walk away just knowing i missed something.

Not necessarily dollar bins, but I'm always finding stuff at conventions or sales events at local shops for $1 or less. Some highlights from the past 5 years include Grimm Fairy Tails #1-10, Guardians of the Galaxy #1 (x2), Detective Comics (2011) (x3), and Batman: The Killing Joke (x3), Sixth Gun FCBD 2010. Gah, more will come to me later......
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Picked up some damaged copies of Milk & Cheese & Tank Girl TPB that I turned over to the kids to use as a coloring book. Turned out brilliant I must say. Prodigies is what my children have become.

My LCS doesn't have a dollar bin but I find them at cons and devote most of my time to them.

There is a lot of stuff that hasn't been collected yet or some nice oddity and curiosity purchases. I enjoy finding the 90s DC elseworlds annuals and have quite a bit of them now. My bro and I trade want lists for when we go since we live in separate states.

I'm only missing a few Darkstars issues now and have plugged in most holes in my GL volume 2 and volume 3 runs.
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

does anybody do comic haul videos on youtube?? i really enjoy watching those, post a link if you do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Those are some awesome finds, you guys! Don C, I'd definitely read them soon since it's October and all. If you want to sell, it'd probably be a good time to sell them pretty soon because Halloween is coming up.

I went back to my LCS today and raided the dollar bins once again. I picked up tons of new stuff today and the highlights were:
    - Archer and Armstrong (1992 series) #7-11
    - Archer and Armstrong (2012 series) #8
    - Cage #1 (1992)
    - East of West #11 (I consider this a great find because even though I've never read any of this series and reading this I probably won't know what's going on, but I've been really curious to check out an issue and for a dollar, I couldn't say no!)
    Finally someone is talking real comics here. Before the relaunch of Valiant I found almost entire runs of nineties Valiant which I never followed back in the day. Over speculation created dump bins full of multiple copies of just about every title they released. A lot of this is starting to dry up at the bargain prices but still not becoming as overpriced as they were on the Valiant fan site a few years ago. I just hope people actually read them and not just speculate with them because the stories and art are really good.

BANNED

I stop by 2nd & Charles a couple of times a month to fill in holes in my collection, and I usually end up with a pretty big
    stack of those books, plus a few that I can sell or trade to mycomicshop.com for credit. I haven't hit any lottery winners
    yet, but I've found a few in those bins that I couldn't believe were there; Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 #36 (9/11 Tribute),
    a bunch of the low print run issues from the same ASM run, Uncanny X-Men 109 & 137. All of them were nice, too. If you
    keep up with the market regularly, obscure books that have been in dollar bins for years can become hot in an instant after
    a movie announcement, and you can get them before they get pulled out.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Picked up some damaged copies of Milk & Cheese
    Man those were the shiznit. I hear Evan Dorkin finally went to work over at Disney. A shame.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalorock View Post
    My LCS doesn't have a dollar bin but I find them at cons and devote most of my time to them.

I'm only missing a few Darkstars issues.
    Man I totally forgot about those. Btw does anyone know what finally happened with Travis Charest? Also WTF happened to Jordan Raskin while we're at it?

Fantastic Member

A midwest chain that sells along with comics, video games, movies, toys, Pokemon and other cards, I frequent often, being on a budget. I usually cherry pick and just find some things here and there that I want to try. Like started grabbing some Warlord comics, which I never read before. But about 3-4 years ago, I went to one location after work and was looking through the $1 boxes and got all but one issue and the two annuals of the first Omega Man series. I found a good chunk of Suicide Squad early issues and a lot of Batman Knightsquest era Batman titles that night.

at my LCS i found new mutants #19 for $2, so i filled the gap between the books i bought at stockton con. the only problem i see in getting that whole sienkiewicz run is #26 which is the 1st appearance of leigon.

also found daredevil #254 for $2(1st appearance of typhoid mary) which was the only real pricey book from JRjr's run on daredevil, so happy about that too.

About 6 month before Guardian of the Galaxy movie, I picked up B&B a VF condition Incredible Hulk # 271 for $0.80. It was a day that Half Priced book put out a big run of Hulk books, I picked up a big run from 250-299. I used my 20% off coupon that day.