Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Heroes

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Careful.

Don't use their official forums. Mod abuse is rampant and those that pay a ton of $$ are treated like Kings/Queens above other users and the Rules and if you point this out or provide evidence of it? You will be silenced unless you offer more $$. And I mean a lot of $$ if you want the power to get past Mod abuse. It's extortion and blackmail for sure.

If a Mod blacklists you from the Forum you lose the ability to use Support.

Yet they will still accept your money without ever telling you that you can no longer user Support for refunds, compromised account, or the such.

It's no secret that Gaz forum bans very quickly if you aren't a Yesman to them. However, they said that Forum and Game were separate and they wouldn't affect the other. A blatant lie that they don't ever inform you about while still taking your money. This isn't good for Marvel's image at all on top of the many empty promises for "More Content" that Gaz never fulfills.

This game had so much promise to showcase Marvel's many Heroes/Characters yet Gaz with their lies, empty promises, and abuses of power have polluted the game's image and they're now nothing more than going for cash grabs, while not giving real content, and silencing any opinions or the such that they don't like with how they had out unjust bans like candy.

They're a worse and far more shameless crew of cash grabbers than even those facebook games.

I supported this game at launch and spent a fair bit of $$ on this game but even I was not immune when I brought attention to how badly the forums were deteriorating. Gaz used to care about integrity, accountability, and working with fans yet $$ changed them and that's all they care about now. So if you aren't a Yesman that isn't paying them a high amount of $$ you're out of luck and run the risk of being blacklisted if you even dare to share proof of this or state an opinion they don't think is "Productive" which is basically any form of criticism.

It's too late to get my $$ back from these liars but it doesn't have to be for you. I don't recommend this game to anyone unless their policies DRASTICALLY change.

My review in case some here don't think I legitly played this game a great deal.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...mmended/226320 - Review

I'm not even angry, I'm simply saddened that greed ruined a possibly great game that had so much potential.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-24-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Careful.

Don't use their official forums. Mod abuse is rampant and those that pay a ton of $$ are treated like Kings/Queens above other users and the Rules and if you point this out or provide evidence of it? You will be silenced unless you offer more $$. And I mean a lot of $$ if you want the power to get past Mod abuse. It's extortion and blackmail for sure.

If a Mod blacklists you from the Forum you lose the ability to use Support.

Yet they will still accept your money without ever telling you that you can no longer user Support for refunds, compromised account, or the such.

It's no secret that Gaz forum bans very quickly if you aren't a Yesman to them. However, they said that Forum and Game were separate and they wouldn't affect the other. A blatant lie that they don't ever inform you about while still taking your money. This isn't good for Marvel's image at all on top of the many empty promises for "More Content" that Gaz never fulfills.

This game had so much promise to showcase Marvel's many Heroes/Characters yet Gaz with their lies, empty promises, and abuses of power have polluted the game's image and they're now nothing more than going for cash grabs, while not giving real content, and silencing any opinions or the such that they don't like with how they had out unjust bans like candy.

They're a worse and far more shameless crew of cash grabbers than even those facebook games.

I supported this game at launch and spent a fair bit of $$ on this game but even I was not immune when I brought attention to how badly the forums were deteriorating. Gaz used to care about integrity, accountability, and working with fans yet $$ changed them and that's all they care about now. So if you aren't a Yesman that isn't paying them a high amount of $$ you're out of luck and run the risk of being blacklisted if you even dare to share proof of this or state an opinion they don't think is "Productive" which is basically any form of criticism.

It's too late to get my $$ back from these liars but it doesn't have to be for you. I don't recommend this game to anyone unless their policies DRASTICALLY change.

My review in case some here don't think I legitly played this game a great deal.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...mmended/226320 - Review

I'm not even angry, I'm simply saddened that greed ruined a possibly great game that had so much potential.
    I'm kind of wondering what you did/said to provoke such a response. Not that you're necessarily to blame... there can be douchebag Mods on other games' forums, as I've seen, though not this one.

I've had nothing but a positive experience on their official forums and noticed that Gaz listens to players when they want something changed.

Just a couple of examples:

Sam Alexander was going to be the default Nova costume, but the positive fan response for the Richard Rider costume led that to being the default Nova costume instead, with the Sam Alexander costume able to be purchase at a low price (normally, enhanced costumes with new voice work cost extra), so that Gaz ultimately ate the cost on the additional voicework necessary.

Then there's the recent addition of Limited Edition costumes.

These are costumes that have only one thing different about them (maskless, for instance) for a ridiculous price (more than ten dollars, just for no mask, lol). The catch was that there's only a limited number of them available (1500, 2000, 2500 were the proposed numbers for the initial three costumes).

Gaz listened to player feedback and changed them to Variant Costumes, standardizing the price for all three of them and no longer making them limited to less than 2500. This is much better because if it was less than 2500 costumes total, they would've sold out very quickly before many players even had a chance to purchase them.

Now anyone who wants to pay more than ten dollars for a minor variation to a costume + a custom emote can do so, while the rest of us just ignore it.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

All I did was provide evidence of a Mod abusing his powers and in the past I made a few inquiries to staff, whom used to welcome players approaching them as I had spoke with them before on a number occasions, about why a known abusive forum user, who intentionally derailed many topics and flame/trolled other user and abused the voting system, was never punished despite many reports sent in by many users such as myself that were tired of his hateful and disrespectful posting meant to hurt other users. Yet those that tried to get him to cease or actually pointed out his behavior the staff punished them instead.

Digging around and the user had made clear of how much he spent in the game in the past (I spent $250+, he spent FAR more than me) which started making me suspicious. Most of those that were "Punished" for standing up to him, because no matter the amount of Reports to the staff did ANYTHING about the user, were f2p players or those like me who invested far less than he did. Heck, I was one of the larger contributing players that ALWAYS stated my opinion even if I knew it may be unpopular because I believe in being true to my fellow players and not lying, bribing, or making silly posts to amass Likes, Awesomes, or LoL's.

The first time I contacted a staffer about it I was punished and after more inquiries the Mod abused their power by not only making some of my Private Messages public, at least the ones they wanted, but they also made it a permanent mark upon my account. This was a clear intimidation tactic to try and silence me, especially since there was no expiration date on it. A Permanent mark on my account for being frustrated at the Mod refusing to do their job and ignoring evidence brought forth. When I brought this to the attention of Mods, after Support was as useless as ever, I was banned.

When you're banned you cannot log in to your account. I couldn't defend myself against the Mods accusations of me nor can I contact support because, despite Gaz saying otherwise, being banned on the forum means you lose access to Support - even in-game support. Yet they will still accept money from you without ever telling you about that HUGE tidbit.

I was also one of the those that supported the very first Team-Up pack, putting faith in Gaz over a new concept that became an over glorified and expensive passive boost.

Sam was due to severe fan backlash and let me tell you, plenty of users were punished over that until Gaz finally caved. Course the Users banned, because Gaz refuses to moderate and instead instant bans for every little thing even minor cases, remained banned.

Ever hear that saying? A Lover scorned? Well I wasn't in love with the game but I dedicated a lot of time and money to the game and Gaz used quite a few of my suggestions to improve the game while never crediting me which I didn't expect when I made those suggestions. My repayment? Treated by trash because the Mods are on the whole "Us vs Them" mentality and they protected a corrupt Mod and safeguard their high paying Players who're above other Users and even the Rules.

It's no secret that the Forums are very closed as lots of posts/topics that aren't the "Yesman" or "So Excited" topics tend to be removed rather quickly as Gaz HATES criticism nowadays. And the users that make them? Punishments are dished out until they either leave, get scared into silence, or are ultimately banned for not conforming.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-24-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

Who are you talking about, tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    It's no secret that the Forums are very closed as lots of posts/topics that aren't the "Yesman" or "So Excited" topics tend to be removed rather quickly as Gaz HATES criticism nowadays. And the users that make them? Punishments are dished out until they either leave, get scared into silence, or are ultimately banned for not conforming.
    Huh, well, you seem to have a lot of evidence, and I can't argue with your experiences, so I guess the forums just suck now for anyone who isn't "so excited." XD I wouldn't know just 'cos I tend to support everything they do anyway, lol. I would've spoken out against the Limited Edition costumes like many others did, but I wasn't even aware of the original concept till I looked back at past threads.

Let's just say that if the Mod abuse you've described and the idea of Limited Edition costumes are indicators of where Gaz is heading, I won't spend much time on the forums and possibly not even in the game from now on. I'll have to see if I encounter any Mod abuse myself.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Huh, well, you seem to have a lot of evidence, and I can't argue with your experiences, so I guess the forums just suck now for anyone who isn't "so excited." XD I wouldn't know just 'cos I tend to support everything they do anyway, lol. I would've spoken out against the Limited Edition costumes like many others did, but I wasn't even aware of the original concept till I looked back at past threads.

Let's just say that if the Mod abuse you've described and the idea of Limited Edition costumes are indicators of where Gaz is heading, I won't spend much time on the forums and possibly not even in the game from now on. I'll have to see if I encounter any Mod abuse myself.
    I dont know...

I flat out called Gaz liars many times and didn't evne get a warning. Maybe it's because I was right..

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Prime View Post
    Who are you talking about, tho?
    Unlike the Mods there, I have integrity. I kept our conversations private, the Mod in question didn't after they refused to address the evidence I brought forth.

Calling out names specifically isn't right. Unlike the Mod(s) there I don't believe in using the public scene to bully others into silence with mismatched quotes to tell a different story.

So I will PM you the Mods name and the Mod who ultimately protected their fellow power abusing Mod buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I dont know...

I flat out called Gaz liars many times and didn't evne get a warning. Maybe it's because I was right..
    How many of those posts of yours are still around? The Mods, when they're active, do "Clean-up sweeps" quite often.

Make a topic name that they don't "appreciate" and it will be "moved" to where no one will see it or "deleted" without notification and if you press for comment you will either get silence or "punishment". Heck, more often than not the Mod doesn't even post in a topic that they moved to explain why it was moved.

Notice that topics that are "Appreciative" of the game never get moved even when they're off-topic or would better fit elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

The Holiday stuff that was pretty recent is a clear indicator on the path they're taking.

Their "presents"/"Holiday gifts" were tied completely to the store, for real money, and only had a chance to give you certain things. That's a stark contrast to the year before where they never did such things and assured fans that they would never become corrupted by greed. How quickly that changed when they no longer needed fan goodwill anymore and how easily people open their wallets now.

No surprise that after making that topic on Steam that the first things those against the Review shouted was "troll" and admitting to not reading the Review at all with the comments they posted. All in a clear attempt to try and ignore the real problems affecting the game and the way the Dev's are handling the game and instead attack me personally for not loving the game. Heck, they didn't even look at my profile to see that I invested 600+ hours into the game, played the game before the Rebranding, and have many 60s.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-25-2015 at 12:50 PM.

The LE costume thing didn't go over so well and was changed. I didn't mind paying for the costumes, I just didn't like the idea of not being able to get one because of numbering...

Hank Pym will be the Ant-Man when he is released. Wooooooooot!!!

BANNED

Heh.... looks like I jumped ship at the right point. Only hopped on once to grab a mystery box and costume box hoping by chance I get Sam but no.....

Still mad about that and how long Venom took.
    I never once regretted leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Hank Pym will be the Ant-Man when he is released. Wooooooooot!!!
    Too bad, i was going to buy it if it was Scott.

Immortal Cobra-La Member Nemesis Enforcer's Avatar

Big 10 Event is returning tomorrow. Guess I know what I'm doing for the following week.
    SHSO: Indescribable Count Watcher - 4400+
    Marvel Heroes: Scorpcookie

i just went back to this game a week ago its positively 1000% times better than launch, and the current event they have going on makes it even better with all the rewards and giveaways.
    And now I finally arrived.

Defeated Madame Hydra. Odin blesssed me. Seven Uniques, no Kiss of the Viper. Sadness...

Prεtty Pεnny