Default Most Difficult Games for the NES

I'm not the best gamer on the planet. Frankly I stink but I've beaten a few NES games that are tough. For casual gamers at least.

I've beaten all three Castlevanias, the first three Mega Mans and Metroid. All games I'd consider difficult but two games I've played a lot of and I just can't beat are Ghosts n' Goblins and Zelda 2. Those would be my two choices. I've heard Silver Surfer and Battletoads are very tough. What do you think the toughest games for NES are?

Battletoads is certainly up there, I never got past the third level as a kid(infamous jump) and it gets worse after that, I know that shattered the record for drinks on the the Teamfourstar drinking stream

BANNED

For me, the hardest is Ghosts n' Goblins. That game is just impossible for me. I've never really tried to beat Silver Surfer, but I imagine it'd be just as hard.

I HAVE beaten Battletoads (It took a Summer of playing nothing else but I did it) and as for Zelda 2? I speed run that.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    For me, the hardest is Ghosts n' Goblins. That game is just impossible for me. I've never really tried to beat Silver Surfer, but I imagine it'd be just as hard.

I HAVE beaten Battletoads (It took a Summer of playing nothing else but I did it) and as for Zelda 2? I speed run that.
    I've read a few lists online and they say Battletoads is indeed the toughes, so great one on that! As for Zelda 2... I'm really bad at it for some reason. I mean I enjoy the game very much but I always find it to be a pain the ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NES games

- Fester's Quest : As AVGN pointed out , this is a hard damn game as it doesn't help you at all ! You have to keep going back to the start and once your hit , kiss your ass good-bye. No way can you run from the enemies. Then its back to the start again ...repeatedly.

- Milons Secret Castle : For years I tried to figure this game out and struggled to do so. It was like , how do I get to the 2nd level. It wasn't til AVGN showed me that I was like....WTF ? And its worse than I imagined for all you gotta do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Silver Surfer!

Kid Icarus made me rage a lot back then i remember.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Fester's Quest! Now that was a nightmare I'd tried to purge from my mind.

Back to the Future gave me a lot of grief as well.

The original Ninja Gaiden trilogy. Although I haven't played them, I've heard the newer games aren't a cakewalk either.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Ultra

God, I hated this game. Never beat it.

I'm pretty sure Fester's Quest could not be beat. I believe it was designed to keep children busy.

Fantastic Member

I never managed to beat Battletoads without somehow cheating.

Games like Contra and the original Bionic Commando were also pretty hard as well.

Bart vs. The Space Mutants has yet to be mentioned. For the love of all things holy. One of the first games my brother and I had was called Alpha Mission, I remember that being really hard too if anyone remembers it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-03-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Double Dragon 3. Fuck that game.

All-New Member

The Xmen. I have never been able to beat that one. It just makes me mad ever time I try.