Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MAA/comment...again/dpvscyj/
    So yeah, enjoy reading all that. Gazillion are doomed.

(And yes, that's the Avengers Alliance Reddit I got that from)
    most of the key people left the company over the past month and thats after 3 rounds of layoffs this past year

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Good riddance. Disney finally did something. It's been fun.

Gaz has a big part of blame,but Disney/Marvel isn't that innocent and still has an important part in that game's failure.

It's sad that they won't allow another developer to continue the game.The art of some characters and the powersets are some of the best i saw in a marvel game.It's sad to see it die.Such potentials wasted.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Gaz has a big part of blame,but Disney/Marvel isn't that innocent and still has an important part in that game's failure.

It's sad that they won't allow another developer to continue the game.The art of some characters and the powersets are some of the best i saw in a marvel game.It's sad to see it die.Such potentials wasted.
    they cant allow another developer to continue the game. Disney doesnt own the game; they own the license

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    they cant allow another developer to continue the game. Disney doesnt own the game; they own the license

I know.It's sad.It was the last game that represented the full extend of Marvel Universe.Now,every new game will be about MCU poster boys.Also,Disney has a bad record of keeping a long term marvel mmo.Avengers Alliance in fb(all 3 games based on it) and MH were killed,despite their potentials.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

In Alliance's case, both of it's sequels (Tactics and Alliance 2) bombed, so they closed the Playdom studio, a decision which therefore killed the original game.

Anyone plan to be on when they shut the servers down?

Playing on PS4 and here are some observations

1. Man is it painfully obvious to level up. This is coming from a PC player with max synergies with the roster, Cyclop's 10% bonus, server side XP, and of course a wider variety of boosts. It takes so long to get to level 60 on PS4 whereas it can take me about 20 minutes on PC. Thats been quite an adjustment

2. Speaking of slow, the story mode is taking a long time to get through. I still cant fathom why they changed it. This is my first itme playing through the revamped one and its boring. The changes they made to movement make it an even bigger slog.

3. The loot box is such a ripoff and seems worse than the cards. I bought the 5X bundles and rarely getting costumes from them

4. Speaking of ripoffs, I cant beleive they have character specific boosts on console version! Experience packs are usable to everyone on PC, but they are linked to certain characters, thus taking up space if you dont own them, which push you to buy more storage

5. I havent done the Apocalypse event yet, but sigh, this update never came to PC and was a glimpse of the direction the game was going in. The costumes with exclusive power was a nice touch and could have added additional fun to the existing characters

6. Im playing on PS4 to get the trophies but at times almost quit bc I found it to be boring. The requirements seem simple enough and its all stuff Ive done on PC anyway. I'll stick with it for now bc at least I can grind while watching online videos on my laptop

Likely not forseeable but it would be neat if someone were able to mod this to have an offline version or private servers. It was good for mindless fun and I could see myself playing every now and then especially since most content is now available without the pay wall

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

As I was there when Avengers Alliance 1 and 2 died and now Marvel Heroes?

I just can't trust they won't cut off the other Mobile Marvel games as well with no notice til it's happening. So I think that I'll stick to single player Marvel games, sorry remaining marvel games on stuff like mobile.

Fate/Grand Order, Fire Emblem: Heroes and Dokkan Battle can settle my mobile itch at work and seem very safe from cancellstion for years to come.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 11-21-2017 at 03:23 AM.

ZedZed

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I was planning on it, but the more I read about the whole situation, the more I feel like I'm walking away now and calling it done - this after being an almost daily player since beta.

Whether the speculation and rumors are true or not isn't for me to say, but the telling sign that no one is coming out and trying to quell those rumors is damning enough to me. I can not, in good conscience, show any kind of support for that kind of alleged misconduct.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Is that going to be possible? I thought after 2017 we won’t be able to get on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Is that going to be possible? I thought after 2017 we won’t be able to get on anymore.
    you wont be able to be on after it shuts down but you can be on when it goes down

Game is shutting down early, on friday. Gaz is dead, all devs got laid off.

Next 3 heroes were going to be Thanos, Gamora and Wasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Game is shutting down early, on friday. Gaz is dead, all devs got laid off.

Next 3 heroes were going to be Thanos, Gamora and Wasp.
    thats beyond f--ked up that they would do this on a holiday weekend when people wont get a chance to play

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Supposedly, Microsoft is going to automatically issue refunds to X-Box players. I guess I’ll remember that when the next gen comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats beyond f--ked up that they would do this on a holiday weekend when people wont get a chance to play
    And when employees can't get back to the office to collect their belongings, because they've gone to another state to visit family...