Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    How come Tony and Steve are still friends in this?
    Because nothing but nonthing synchs up these days? Cross the board continuity is fully shot at the moment.

Steve, Tony and Thor's current appearances in several books make little sense in an 'overall' scheme. You kind of have to suspend disbelief and enjoy each story on it's own with a heavy 'squint and tilt' approach to the overall picture.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

All-New Member

Does anyone else have a problem with them just bunging in Herc in the crowd? I'd thought he'd have an event-worthy comeback at least.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Because nothing but nonthing synchs up these days? Cross the board continuity is fully shot at the moment.

Steve, Tony and Thor's current appearances in several books make little sense in an 'overall' scheme. You kind of have to suspend disbelief and enjoy each story on it's own with a heavy 'squint and tilt' approach to the overall picture.
    I don't think MARVEL is too concerned with cross the board continuity at this point. We're sort of in a weird transition period with the MU as a whole. I don't mind it at all.

All-New Member

Thor having his hammer makes zero sense. Considering the prominence of the storyline and the fact that Original Sin JUST ended, it's disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjtrdff View Post
    Thor having his hammer makes zero sense. Considering the prominence of the storyline and the fact that Original Sin JUST ended, it's disappointing.
    Steve not being old in Original Sin makes even less sense, to be honest.

The events just don't line up, no matter how you want to slice them.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Sharon is obviously the evil one here.

Actually LIKES comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Remender's has done some good things with Cap. But my god, did he really bungle the whole Jet thing in #25. He made Cap and go look like ungrateful idiots, and that whole scene was just lame.
    It was forced plotting for sure. Sharon was imprisoned by Zola for an indeterminate amount of time when she was found and nobody questions anything with her? Yet Jet has been right there with them and doing good yet she's nothing but questioned out of the blue?

I understand that comic storytelling is limited to a certain number of pages and sometimes key dialogue has to be cut, but this should've been handled better. Especially when so many pages were spent at Avengers mansion that were less important to plot (other than throwing up a ton of red herrings for the traitor).

All-New Member

I can buy Original Sin happening over a few hours, but Steve is clearly still 'young' at the end of the event, when Thor is unworthy. Although the event itself had Thor holding his hammer when he shouldn't have been, so I guess getting sassy about other books doesn't make sense.

Overall, still liked the issue for what it was (establishing Sam and the new status quo for Steve), but the continuity issues bugged me, and Jet's plot felt rushed IMO. I'm on board to see what happens.

Yeah, there's no way it's Sharon. Even as I was reading it I right away knew that she was being manipulated.

Zola planted that 'intel' for her to overhear, to win back his daughter. He was so certain that Jet's new friends would turn on her...because he'd orchestrated it.
    This seems plausible. Either way, the Jet/Sam drama is no doubt going to be kicked up a notch in the title relaunch. Plus factor in Nomad and you got the best family reunion ever!

really good issue but that way they treated Jet was total crap

Jet Black is one of my favorite new Marvel characters in years, and I thought the way they handled the whole "heel turn" was terrible. I didn't like what they did or how they did it.

BANNED

Yeah, there's no way it's Sharon. Even as I was reading it I right away knew that she was being manipulated.

Zola planted that 'intel' for her to overhear, to win back his daughter. He was so certain that Jet's new friends would turn on her...because he'd orchestrated it.

Sharon, is more than likely the traitor, going off Braubaker's run of Captain America and Dr Faustues story arc that never had a resolution.

PLus in the issue we know Sharon was captured we don't know what Zola could have done to her... Brainwashing or installed a part of himself into her are all likely since you know she BLEW UP at point blank range and we don't know how the hell she survived.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Sharon, is more than likely the traitor, going off Braubaker's run of Captain America and Dr Faustues story arc that never had a resolution.

PLus in the issue we know Sharon was captured we don't know what Zola could have done to her... Brainwashing or installed a part of himself into her are all likely since you know she BLEW UP at point blank range and we don't know how the hell she survived.
    Falcon blew up and point blank range too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Falcon blew up and point blank range too.
    And we know "HOW" he survived. His wings absorbed most of the impact. Is it explained for Sharon's case?

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

This was certainly a bitter sweet issue.

Usually I never liked Falcon. The character always seemed boring to me. However when Steve talked about how great Falcon over came his past obstacles and then was willing to sacrifice his life to save NYC, I thought it was really likeable. I'm not going to say he's great character or anything close to that, but Rick really did a good job making him at least a little bit likeable. However I hated Sharon and the so called "Heroes" for repaying Jet's heroic deeds by giving her false accusations and attempting to arrest, forcing her to go back to the dark side.

Also I loved how Rick did something out of character with his diolauge by adding some laugh out loud jokes. It certainly liven up the mood. I'm still not quite on board with Falcon as the new CA, but I'm at least going to give a shot since it's being written by Rick Remmender. Also, I'm interested in finding out who this person who knows Falcon and is betraying him to Hydra.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?