Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wow, so that was ... lame? Terrible? Five pages of food jokes. Like, was this meant to be a parody of Bendis' New Avengers (Vol. 2) run? Just horrible writing. And that whole thing with Jet -- makes no sense. None. If we're supposed to believe General Geriatric is still a skilled tactician, then boy was he played like a cheap violin. Horrible, horrible issue. What a way to end the run. Dimension Z, in my opinion, was great. I thought the Nuke/Iron Nail stuff was rushed -- maybe even underdeveloped because the real storyline was made into the Winter Soldier mini -- and poorly illustrated by Klein. I thought it picked up afterward and I've excited for Falcon as Cap. But what a lousy issue, despite good art. What was redeeming was the epilogue. So out of $3.99, 99 cents were great. Rest was terrible.

BANNED

.....I could be wrong but I have a strong feeling that a few of these "so terrible" post are inspired simply because Sam is taking the helm of Captain America. Not because the actual issue was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The traitor is probably Vision. Based on those last few pages the Vision is clearly been the butt of their jokes. If that's how they've been treating him all this time, it's no wonder he'd turn evil.
    it will be on them for trusting an AI in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    .....I could be wrong but I have a strong feeling that a few of these "so terrible" post are inspired simply because Sam is taking the helm of Captain America. Not because the actual issue was bad.
    I have been reading Captain America non stop since the late 70s (born 1970) and I consider Captain America and The Falcon team up the best team book ever written. I own the early 1980s 4 issue Falcon mini-series. I have zero problems with Falcon being Captain America - since he became a social activist in Harlem when they retired him at Marvel (stupid move) he is an ideal modern choice for Captain America. I still find the Dimension Z stories horrible and can't get into them. They are horrible and I dropped the book and this is from someone who stuck with Cap when he was turned into a teenager, a wolf and almost a sex changed woman by Superia (yes, you read that right).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Oh I'm not disagreeing entirely. The history is entirely there and Sharon certainly should be top suspect for the traitor. My point only is that it just seems too obvious to be her. Could just be misdirection but if she is the traitor then I won't be surprised at all.
    That would work if Sam Wilson had a long list of female enemies that know him and fell under the " no one will suspect it is you"

BANNED

Honestly, it's interesting that the issue seems to be getting some negativity here when all it all it wasn't that bad and it still falls in line with previous issues before it. It also played into the fact that everyone knew Sam was the runner up. Just sorta seems off that this issue is being discussed more so than other Cap review threads before it.
    Last edited by Trident; 10-03-2014 at 03:25 PM.

This issue was flat out amazing. Cover.To.Cover.

There was so much love here (I swear, Remender is writing these books just for me!):

From the right proper props to Sam, clearly defining his character in such a precise and honest manner, to...

Steve and Sharon's teary reuinion (and new joint mission!!), to...

Vision and Wanda being on not just speaking terms, but freindly and bantering playfully...

All of it! So many of my favorites getting such shine here! I couldn't have penned it better myself.

Between this and his delivery of the Magneto/Red Skull confrontation I've been dying to read over in Uncanny Avenger... I seriously couldn't possiply ask for a better week in Marvel comics.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

No one here is objecting to the idea of Sam being Captain America on the basis of his race. Let's please not get into that discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Sharon seems like obvious red herring. I mean way too obvious.
    Yeah, there's no way it's Sharon. Even as I was reading it I right away knew that she was being manipulated.

Zola planted that 'intel' for her to overhear, to win back his daughter. He was so certain that Jet's new friends would turn on her...because he'd orchestrated it.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    it will be on them for trusting an AI in the first place.
    Why do you oppose our benevolent machine overlords?

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, at this point with anything Reminder does folks are going in looking for an opportunity to bash it.

The guy wanted to write a scene where all the Avengers, past and present (and Pym was conspicuous by his absence...what's up with that?) greet the new Cap. At the Mansion.

But since he couldn't explain exactly when this is taking place and they had a conversation about food, let's all bash the guy.

I shudder to think what it will be like around here if Remender does get the Avengers gig.

On the other hand if it happens, it will actually read like an Avengers book for the first time in 10 years, so I'm pulling for him,

Ultimate Member

Remender's has done some good things with Cap. But my god, did he really bungle the whole Jet thing in #25. He made Cap and go look like ungrateful idiots, and that whole scene was just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Remender's has done some good things with Cap. But my god, did he really bungle the whole Jet thing in #25. He made Cap and go look like ungrateful idiots, and that whole scene was just lame.
    Have faith. It will work out.

They were going on Sharon's word. She's a very reliable source. Granted, I think she was being manipulated by Zola...but between she and Jet, her's is the more reliable account to that group.

I'm sure Jet is exactly where she needs to be, and will come through in the end. Her new found affinity for altruism didn't die so quickly.

BANNED

I'm more concerned for both jet and sharon

BANNED

How come Tony and Steve are still friends in this?