Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ultimate Member

I also don't like how he portrayed Jet in that scene. Her being angry at their lack of gratitude, absolutely. Her immediately running back to her father because of it, no just no. It would have been much more believable if she'd just gone of on her own for awhile. But I really don't buy that, as douchey as they treated her, that that would be enough for her to rejoin her evil dad whom she knows is evil.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

The Avengers are either too forgiving or too strict at times. When their being strict they do douch bag deeds by court martialing Hank Pym off the team for making a simple mistake (although I do have to admit he justified it in the end). They lock up people who they deem too dangerous to be left out in the world. Not to mention that the Avengers are extremely judge mental most of the time.

However they're too forgiving for letting Tony Stark come back to the team for everything he did during the SRA, which led up the Skrulls taking over, which lead to Norman Osborn's rise in power.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Ultimate Member

Actually I hate that Tony took the blame for Secret Invasion (that scene where Thor essentially called the whole thing his fault makes me angry to this day). It was PARTIALLY Tony's fault, but A LOT of other people also screwed up and no one (except Nick Fury) saw that invasion coming.

BANNED

Yeah he was hardly alone on Secret Invasion Blame

I don't see how Secret Invasion falls only on Stark's shoulders (and I hate the guy)

BTW, just finished this issue, and it's convinced me to drop the book.
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

It was ok, I thought, the way they handled Jet at the end there was horrible. Really? She ran back to Zola after all that?

BANNED

Ok, so I'm really not understanding why people are so shocked Jet went back with Zola? I understand that people would like for her to stay on the side of the angels because she is a good character. However, it makes/made sense in the context of the story why she would leave. Also.....this is a girl who was raised and indoctrinated with Zola world view. She is his daughter. To me the story makes sense that she would return to him for the time being until she sees the error of her ways. You don't go 20 something years of your life believing something and loving someone like a father and then totally become free of them after you find out a few things he have done or said wasn't truth.

It's never that easy. The scenario is extreme similar to kidnapped victims who after awhile find themselves compelled to stay with their captor. But in this scenario Jet was raised by her "kidnaper", to her that is her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Ok, so I'm really not understanding why people are so shocked Jet went back with Zola? I understand that people would like for her to stay on the side of the angels because she is a good character. However, it makes/made sense in the context of the story why she would leave. Also.....this is a girl who was raised and indoctrinated with Zola world view. She is his daughter. To me the story makes sense that she would return to him for the time being until she sees the error of her ways. You don't go 20 something years of your life believing something and loving someone like a father and then totally become free of them after you find out a few things he have done or said wasn't truth.

It's never that easy. The scenario is extreme similar to kidnapped victims who after awhile find themselves compelled to stay with their captor. But in this scenario Jet was raised by her "kidnaper", to her that is her father.
    Pretty much this, but with the caveat that I expect her to remain on the side of the angels.

She's still confused about her place in the world. All of Steve and Sam's lessons haven't been for naught though, and I expect that she'll remember herself in a key moment during AXIS.

She's just been shuffled around the board so that she's now behind enemy lines, which will prove valuable in the war to come.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Pretty much this, but with the caveat that I expect her to remain on the side of the angels.

She's still confused about her place in the world. All of Steve and Sam's lessons haven't been for naught though, and I expect that she'll remember herself in a key moment during AXIS.

She's just been shuffled around the board so that she's now behind enemy lines, which will prove valuable in the war to come.
    Agreed.

It's sorta obvious where the story will go with her so I'm having a hard time following the surprise and the "last issue read" attitude. People are free to like, dislike, and do what they want but to confused by what is going seems strange. But hey whatever there choice.

I'm looking forward to what it coming and I really hope Jets decision puts Sam in a place where we see him fighting for the girl he cares about. This could lead to a very interesting dynamic and possibly "true" love interest for Sam or better yet a bad ass female villain. I wouldn't mind either choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Sharon, is more than likely the traitor, going off Braubaker's run of Captain America and Dr Faustues story arc that never had a resolution.

PLus in the issue we know Sharon was captured we don't know what Zola could have done to her... Brainwashing or installed a part of himself into her are all likely since you know she BLEW UP at point blank range and we don't know how the hell she survived.
    Course, we saw at the very end of the book that there's a traitor who could fly. Assuming there's not 2 traitors (though that's certainly possible), that possibly gets Sharon off the hook. Though I guess it's possible they gave Sharon super powers in addition to brainwashing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Agreed.

It's sorta obvious where the story will go with her so I'm having a hard time following the surprise and the "last issue read" attitude. People are free to like, dislike, and do what they want but to confused by what is going seems strange. But hey whatever there choice.

I'm looking forward to what it coming and I really hope Jets decision puts Sam in a place where we see him fighting for the girl he cares about. This could lead to a very interesting dynamic and possibly "true" love interest for Sam or better yet a bad ass female villain. I wouldn't mind either choice.
    Aye, agreed. Either would be amazing, actually. Sam is in serious need of an apropriate rogues gallery, as much as he is a personal life.

I'm just SO bloody thrilled that he's getting the spotlight. It actually didn't feel real until I read this issue. Seeing him in action in AXIS #1 kind of cemented the excietment for me.

This is so long in coming!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Incredible Member

The humor in this book is too much like Brian Michael Bendis' style... It's trying too hard to be funny and just isn't funny, but awkward. I guess getting a new Captain America is a quick way to get the book out of the red. It's like Rick Remender isn't taking his book seriously with the Vision talking about gas and all. I hope this status quo gets reversed and readers can expect the real Captain America next year when they buy the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, we saw at the very end of the book that there's a traitor who could fly. Assuming there's not 2 traitors (though that's certainly possible), that possibly gets Sharon off the hook. Though I guess it's possible they gave Sharon super powers in addition to brainwashing her.

That means little to nothing, as it's pretty obvious it is Sharon. The setup is weak.