Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Then you missed the caption boxes in that and earlier issues pointing out that she's probably loved him since they met, retcon yes but it's now cannon, but even at the wedding remember she was all sad wondering where Logan was and missing him, so even on her wedding day she's thinking of a guy that isn't Scott and missing him badly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Then you missed the caption boxes in that and earlier issues pointing out that she's probably loved him since they met, retcon yes but it's now cannon, but even at the wedding remember she was all sad wondering where Logan was and missing him, so even on her wedding day she's thinking of a guy that isn't Scott and missing him badly.
    Loving him in some capacity maybe...but not IN love with him...she never was...the triangle always came up but she always chose Scott...even in Morrison's run when their relationship was falling apart, she was still hung up on Scott and Wolverine knew it...in fact, Wolverine didn't even think she really loved him in the AoA universe (read the captions...cannon)...he thought she was just grateful that he came to rescue her from Sinister.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 10-15-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I can think of at least 3 times just from Morrison's run or books that were published at the same time...
    There was once in UXM 394 and once in NXM 117. What's the 3rd? I honestly would like to know because it means I missed reading that book.

And, as I recall, we only actually SAW Scott "psychically pork" Emma once (or start to, anyway)...the implication was there were other times but we don't have a count so it's neither here nor there...
    The comics explicitly showed it happening at least 4 times, once during which Cyclops brought Emma to orgasm on panel. And beyond that, I'm sure Scott went back to Emma for even more psychic sex sessions.

Of course Wolverine knows Jean didn't love him but I doubt having it pointed out by Scott hurt him less than Wolverine saying Jean would be afraid of Scott just then (since Scott didn't think he was in the wrong)
    Wait, I take it back. Scott wins with his taunt that he got to marry Jean and hit that, then cheat on her and leave her when he got tired of her cause she was boring in bed while Wolverine who had real feelings for her missed his chance. I'm sure Wolverine is more pissed that Jean had to die in her cheating husband's arms instead of with someone who genuinely cared for her.

and he didn't abandon her as callously as so many want to think...
    Yes he did. Scott apologists say he just wanted to go see a friend and didn't intend for anything to happen with Jean. That's BS. Why would he lie to Jean about being married and even worse, make Warren, Hank and Bobby lie to Jean too about his marriage if he didn't want something to happen with her? What a selfish douche. Gets with women when he needs them, then dumps them when he gets tired of them for the next more useful crutch he likes better but not before going out of his way to make them feel like shit.

Speaking of which, these should be posted here too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    There was once in UXM 394 and once in NXM 117. What's the 3rd? I honestly would like to know because it means I missed reading that book.

The comics explicitly showed it happening at least 4 times, once during which Cyclops brought Emma to orgasm on panel. And beyond that, I'm sure Scott went back to Emma for even more psychic sex sessions.

Wait, I take it back. Scott wins with his taunt that he got to marry Jean and hit that, then cheat on her and leave her when he got tired of her cause she was boring in bed while Wolverine who had real feelings for her missed his chance. I'm sure Wolverine is more pissed that Jean had to die in her cheating husband's arms instead of with someone who genuinely cared for her.

Yes he did. Scott apologists say he just wanted to go see a friend and didn't intend for anything to happen with Jean. That's BS. Why would he lie to Jean about being married and even worse, make Warren, Hank and Bobby lie to Jean too about his marriage if he didn't want something to happen with her? What a selfish douche. Gets with women when he needs them, then dumps them when he gets tired of them for the next more useful crutch he likes better but not before going out of his way to make them feel like shit.
    I haven't read Morrison's run since it originally came out because of how much I hated it but I thought they kissed before going into the sun too (they certainly kissed several times prior to Morrison's run though).

I don't remember all the other times with Emma other than when Jean caught them but you may well be right since, as I said, I haven't read it in a decade and have no intention of going to check.

If you don't think Scott had (and still has) real feelings for Jean, then you're just reading more into things because you dislike the character...not basing it on actual canon...because no writer other than Morrison has ever even indicated such a thing and the only reason he ended up with Emma at all was Jean's psychic push from beyond the grave (and THAT was all Morrison).

And, no, Scott did not callously abandon Maddie for Jean but I do agree it wasn't as simple as his going to see a friend...he was in shock on hearing she was still alive and Maddie gave him an ultimatum...any man that watched the love of his life die in front of him and then finds out she's still alive is going to to at least want to see her regardless of the circumstances...he tried to call Maddie and and tried to go back for her but she was already gone and the whole thing gave him a total nervous breakdown to the point where he was literally hallucinating (he was a complete mess for the first 20 or so issues of X-Factor)...plus, retcon or not, Maddie was already telepathically manipulating before he left her and was well on her way to being evil.

Seriously though, if you want to be pissed at Cyclops for something, it should be for marrying Maddie in the first place because it should have been clear to anyone that it was not a healthy relationship to marry your dead lover's lookalike who you actually thought was her reincarnation at one point (someone in the X-Men should have called him on this too)...that was bad writing on Claremont's part trying to salvage a storyline he intended for Jean when she was originally going to survive and his ridiculous idea to use it to try and retire the character was doomed to fail eventually because there was no way they weren't going to bring him back so bad writing had to fix Claremont's mistake...there's plenty of blame to go around.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 10-15-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think we've seen enough to say that to some degree yes Jean was "in love" with Logan...and I've never said that she didn't love Scott, only that he does seem to throw women away when he's done with them...then again if Jean wasn't in love with Logan to some degree why would she take a trip through his fantasies, most if not all would involve her in one way or another and she seemed to like what she found, you don't do something like that with just a good friend that you love but someone that you're genuinely interested in, and a lot of what Logan said during Morrison's run could easily be described as Logan not wanting to sully Jean by helping her cheat on Scott, that he wanted her to try to work things out with Scott first, but if that didn't work...as for the AoA iirc Scott and Jean agreed that there was something between them but that she married Logan because she was in love with him and that she and Scott would never work in the AoA.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    PWNT again!

Just reading through this thread this is definitely one of the most brutal scenes posted. I didn't notice that Rachel was actually crying when I first read this issue.

Astonishing Member

I think we've seen enough to say that to some degree yes Jean was "in love" with Logan...and I've never said that she didn't love Scott, only that he does seem to throw women away when he's done with them...then again if Jean wasn't in love with Logan to some degree why would she take a trip through his fantasies, most if not all would involve her in one way or another and she seemed to like what she found, you don't do something like that with just a good friend that you love but someone that you're genuinely interested in, and a lot of what Logan said during Morrison's run could easily be described as Logan not wanting to sully Jean by helping her cheat on Scott, that he wanted her to try to work things out with Scott first, but if that didn't work...as for the AoA iirc Scott and Jean agreed that there was something between them but that she married Logan because she was in love with him and that she and Scott would never work in the AoA.
    I still disagree...certainly there is an attraction there but it never rose to the level of Jean being in love with him...nor do I recall her taking a trip through his fantasies (when was this?)...either way, nothing came of it...and I don't buy Logan being noble in Morrison's run...trying to get her to give in to a moment of weakness like that was exactly what he'd been trying for years (it only made it look like he was messing with her head)...as to AoA, she wasn't married to Logan in the original story and she and Scott never even discussed him once they were reuinited (though I haven't read a lot of the followups because they all sucked)...I do know she ultimately dumped Logan at the end of the AoA ongoing and hooked up with someone else.

She was attracted to him and occasionally tempted but no in continuity story ever said she was in love with him...while numerous ones have said she wasn't.

But, either way, I always felt the retcon was horribly forced because it made no sense in light of the Phoenix Saga, detracted from it, and only came about because Claremont was being petty...plus, whatever other problems there have been with the x-franchise in the past 10 years since Jean died, one thing that was made abundantly clear was Scott/Wolverine rivalry was infinitely more interesting than the Jean part of it even if she was the catalyst.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 10-15-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Ultimate Member

I know that Logan is on his motorcycle and Jean is talking to him, not sure whether it's in person or via tp, but he tells her to get out of his fantasies and she's smiling like she liked what she saw, during Morrison's run.

Astonishing Member

I know that Logan is on his motorcycle and Jean is talking to him, not sure whether it's in person or via tp, but he tells her to get out of his fantasies and she's smiling like she liked what she saw, during Morrison's run.
    It's entirely possible...everyone was horribly out of character in Morrison's run...but it still doesn't equal her being in love with him.

Ultimate Member

I think that it was when he was looking for the new Angel, the one that had babies with Beak. Morrison did mess things up and wrote people out of character, Siryn changing in front of everyone, Sam cursing and throwing up on people as he flew by and having Warpath and Feral working together like nothing had happened. I think that there's more than that scene to give evidence that she is in love with him to some degree.

Astonishing Member

I think that it was when he was looking for the new Angel, the one that had babies with Beak. Morrison did mess things up and wrote people out of character, Siryn changing in front of everyone, Sam cursing and throwing up on people as he flew by and having Warpath and Feral working together like nothing had happened. I think that there's more than that scene to give evidence that she is in love with him to some degree.

There is no story evidence of her being in love with him at all...even as out of character as Morrison had everyone, he still stopped short of that...hell, even Claremont who pushes Jean/Wolverine harder than anyone out of spite has never taken it that far in continuity.

On come on no one cares about the stupid Jean/Scott/Logan love triangle anymore! Stop derailing the thread!

BANNED

Let's get this back on track. Shitty writing but it happened.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Let's get this back on track. Shitty writing but it happened.

o
    LMFAO! this, apart from being a nominee for the BIGGEST jobbing in history, is quite funny.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

People do realize a love triangle isn't a love triangle if the women doesn't love both men. If that wasn't the writers intent they would have said that. And if Jean didn't love Logan she wouldn't be worrying about where he was on her wedding day. No women is worrying about a guy she banished to the friend zone on her wedding day.