Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default in term of sell: Was the death of Wolverine a success or failure?

I am just curious.......

BANNED

too early to say but Death Of Wolveirne #1 and #2 took the 1st and 2nd spot as the best-selling comic: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...4/2014-09.html

1 Death of Wolverine 1 $4.99 Marvel 261,975
    2 Death of Wolverine 2 $4.99 Marvel 129,999

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    too early to say but Death Of Wolveirne #1 and #2 took the 1st and 2nd spot as the best-selling comic: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...4/2014-09.html

1 Death of Wolverine 1 $4.99 Marvel 261,975
    2 Death of Wolverine 2 $4.99 Marvel 129,999

Thank! I guest my friend was wrong, he believe that Death of Wolverine would be failure.

BANNED

Let's face it... Logan's death was totally lackluster and ultimately will be forgotten by me before the year is out.

BANNED

#4 will have larger numbers but with all the secret wars, redux of events, and the spin-off's he is more visible than ever. Really I think casual and new readers won't even know he is dead as he will still be present in Marvel just without a proper solo. It will take until summer for Uncanny to catch up at this rate too and by then he will be back due to his Secret Wars presence.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Let's face it... Logan's death was totally lackluster and ultimately will be forgotten by me before the year is out.
    It was one of the most lackluster deaths I've seen for a A-list character I've seen right down to the death itself.

Why not just do it in Axis. Its getting overshadowed and the continuity of it doesn't make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rotm View Post
    Why not just do it in Axis. Its getting overshadowed and the continuity of it doesn't make sense.
    I'm convinced that someone at Marvel fully believed that both events would make a mint if published at the same time... IMO they effectively canceled each other out. "Axis" is a poorly contrived rehash of the Onslaught Saga, and I don't even know where to start with "The Death of Wolverine"... I mean really! A virus from the Microverse?!?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-02-2014 at 08:00 AM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Axis is so much more then a rehash of onslaught. That was act one the next 6 issues are gonna be more interesting
    X-Men Forever

Anything in the 6 figure range is a success these days. A quarter of a million? That's called a smashing success.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I'm convinced that someone at Marvel fully believed that both events would make a mint if published at the same time... IMO they effectively canceled each other out. "Axis" is a poorly contrived rehash of the Onslaught Saga, and I don't even know where to start with "The Death of Wolverine"... I mean really! A virus from the Microverse?!?
    According to BleedingCool (I know, I know) many of the Axis issues have gone back for multiple printings. As have Death of Wolverine issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Anything in the 6 figure range is a success these days. A quarter of a million? That's called a smashing success.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Yeah and not forget that these were 4.99 per issue too.
    And I gladly paid the money since I really enjoyed them. For me it was a success on all levels
    "This is me being reasonable"

Sales success no doubt.

Story success? I don't think they could have found a more boring way to kill him personally. I can't believe a writer the caliber of Soule wrote something so boring.

But slap something with the title Death of Wolverine and it's going to sell like hotcakes.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Nothing new. DC did this decades ago when they killed the unkillable Superman.

Granted, the operative part of that phrase is "decades ago". I would have hoped that comics and comic narratives would have progressed a bit since those days.

And readers should be ashamed of themselves for falling for such an obvious and artificial sales ploy. You get the comics you deserve, readership. Remember that when you've got 10 Avengers titles and they all do a lot of nothing.