Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Walking Dead Season 5: "Hunt ...or be Hunted"

Well folks in less than 10 days , Rick Grimes and his group return to take over TV as usual.

Rick Grimes is looking pretty damn hardcore in that picture plus here is the video....

"Its not over til their all dead."

Rick Grimes speaking like a true bad ass mofo.

Anyhow who won't survive Terminus against the "Hunters" as we see ? Can Carol and Tyrese come to the rescue in time ? Will the group stay on the road the rest of season 5 ? Also where is Beth ? She hasn't been seen and you have to wonder if she is ok.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I think Michone is the next fatality. Her character has experienced recent positive growth. She's gotta go.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    I think Michone is the next fatality. Her character has experienced recent positive growth. She's gotta go.
    Do you read the comics ? Because......

spoilers:
    Michonne is a big part of the comics. She's been a major character beside Rick Grimes. I can't see her dying so quick.
    end of spoilers
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

spoilers:
    Michonne is a big part of the comics. She's been a major character beside Rick Grimes. I can't see her dying so quick.
    end of spoilers
    yeah but spoilers:
    Andrea's an even bigger part of the comics and in the TV show land, she is dead. It's long been said that the comic universe and the tv universe will be completely separate
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    At this point, I feel pretty confident that whatever is going on in the comics will only serve as minor inspiration to the TV show. After all, Darrell Dixon is one of the three main characters and he wasn't in the comics until Kirkman added him significantly later.

Ultimate Member

And she's black. Not like this show has ever avoided diving head first into cliches there...

Never mind......

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Really looking forward to the new season!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

This is not a spoiler and not based on the comic book - just my guess at the clues the WD tv show left as I interpreted them but I think the Terminus people are feeding humans to their dead loved ones who they keep around.

Watching the WD marathon right now - God the first episode/pilot was good then they lost Darabont over the budget and the show was very uneven and still has yet to find a steady vision. Maybe this season they finally get firing on all cylinders. The WD is like that great sports car that needs a tuning to get it purring.

What the first episode got right. Zombies aka "walkers" still remember something of their old life - the wife of Morgan kind of remembered that the house was full of living people - sort of like the way Romero zombies remember something of their old life. They can even pick up rocks and use them as weapons just like the George Romero zombies from Night Of the Living Dead. The Darabont episodes were dynamic and had a logic plot progression and no monologues!

At this point, I feel pretty confident that whatever is going on in the comics will only serve as minor inspiration to the TV show. After all, Darrell Dixon is one of the three main characters and he wasn't in the comics until Kirkman added him significantly later.
    I find I enjoy the WD when it deviates from the comic. Unlike a superhero show, re-creating a comic book in a show that is based on suspense destroys the suspense. Like knowing what the Red Wedding is from reading the book first then missing out on getting the same thrill watching it on the TV show for the first time.
    Last edited by Jack Flag; 10-07-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    This is not a spoiler and not based on the comic book - just my guess at the clues the WD tv show left as I interpreted them but I think the Terminus people are feeding humans to their dead loved ones who they keep around.

Watching the WD marathon right now - God the first episode/pilot was good then they lost Darabont over the budget and the show was very uneven and still has yet to find a steady vision. Maybe this season they finally get firing on all cylinders. The WD is like that great sports car that needs a tuning to get it purring.

What the first episode got right. Zombies aka "walkers" still remember something of their old life - the wife of Morgan kind of remembered that the house was full of living people - sort of like the way Romero zombies remember something of their old life. They can even pick up rocks and use them as weapons just like the George Romero zombies from Night Of the Living Dead. The Darabont episodes were dynamic and had a logic plot progression and no monologues!

They are eating the dead people. The woman by the grill cooking ....what do ya think was in the burgers ?

They are eating the dead people. The woman by the grill cooking ....what do ya think was in the burgers ?

I think that grill scene is misdirection. Again, we won't know for sure until the show airs but I think the writers thought that having the Terminus people be what everyone expects them to be is expected so they needed a twist. Again, I very well could be wrong.

I didn't get to see Season 4 until Netflix started streaming it. I too had previously read that Terminus people were supposed to be cannibals but didn't see any direct evidence. There was the weird religious room full of candles and symbols and then when Rick's group is trying to run, they pass by what appears to be a pile of organs slopped on the ground. I think I would like the storyline better if the people are actually cannibals but I'll wait and see.

Clearly, Rick's buried bag o' guns is going to be a factor in all this.

I thought Beth was taken by the people who were living in the funeral home, who just happened to come back as the Walker herd was attacking the house. I could see them becoming a factor after the escape from Terminus.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

People burgers!
    Life is but a dream

I thought it was pretty obvious that the Terminus people were cannibals. They certainly laid enough hints in the last episode to make it seem pretty obvious. And I'm betting that Beth is people food by now, I think one of the women of Terminus was wearing the sweater she disappeared in.