Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    I didn't get to see Season 4 until Netflix started streaming it. I too had previously read that Terminus people were supposed to be cannibals but didn't see any direct evidence. There was the weird religious room full of candles and symbols and then when Rick's group is trying to run, they pass by what appears to be a pile of organs slopped on the ground. I think I would like the storyline better if the people are actually cannibals but I'll wait and see.

Clearly, Rick's buried bag o' guns is going to be a factor in all this.

I thought Beth was taken by the people who were living in the funeral home, who just happened to come back as the Walker herd was attacking the house. I could see them becoming a factor after the escape from Terminus.
    My brother agrees with you in that if they are not cannibals he would feel cheated but I think the producers were misdirecting us. I guess we shall soon see if I was right. I made this prediction before the mods nuked our old postings so I wanted to get it back on record.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    My brother agrees with you in that if they are not cannibals he would feel cheated but I think the producers were misdirecting us. I guess we shall soon see if I was right. I made this prediction before the mods nuked our old postings so I wanted to get it back on record.
    Actually, your position was that you didn't understand why people were so locked into the cannibalism thing, despite the fact that they were definitely trying to make the viewer think it at the very least. You eventually came around to conceding that it may be misdirection.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Actually, your position was that you didn't understand why people were so locked into the cannibalism thing, despite the fact that they were definitely trying to make the viewer think it at the very least. You eventually came around to conceding that it may be misdirection.
    Not at all. I stated that the Terminus maybe cannibals and maybe not and over time I concluded that the Terminus folks suffered some stuff and because isolated people have no idea about zombies are (the soldier the Gov encountered did not seem to know that anyone who dies comes back unless its head trauma) and just like Hershel was feeding zombies chickens, the Termites feed the zombies other humans maybe because they think their loved ones need human meat to be docile? We tricked into thinking the Terminus folks are cannibals because of the BBQ scene but all around them were lots of veggies so that was a hidden hint cannibalism is not needed because they are not starving.

Again, that is my take on it - no insider info at all - and I maybe way wrong. We shall see. I actually don't want to be proven right because it means that I can see the plots coming from a mile away and I want to be surprised.

This feeding zombies thing is even found in Romero's Dawn Of the Dead and Day of the Dead movie. In Dawn of The Dead the scientist with an eye patch on the TV show was stating that the humans needed to feed the zombies in the hopes of calming them down.

In Day of The Dead Bub was being fed human meat in order to positive reinforce calm good behavior by the scientist. And we saw a Bub looking zombie in that tunnel complete with a iron neck collar - an escapee from the Terminus lock up of their zombie folk?
    Last edited by Jack Flag; 10-07-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious that the Terminus people were cannibals. They certainly laid enough hints in the last episode to make it seem pretty obvious. And I'm betting that Beth is people food by now, I think one of the women of Terminus was wearing the sweater she disappeared in.
    I messed up and came across a potential spoiler. Even though it did not relate directly to Beth, it has me thinking she has a possible out.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It would be nice if she was with Gabriel. Because the car deal...he drove to his church.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious that the Terminus people were cannibals. They certainly laid enough hints in the last episode to make it seem pretty obvious. And I'm betting that Beth is people food by now, I think one of the women of Terminus was wearing the sweater she disappeared in.
    Beth is not dead.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I took it as Beth got grabbed by another group entirely. The bit in the preview made it look like that group might be using the people they grab as slaves.

Ultimate Member

So who was the guy on the table?

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So who was the guy on the table?
    Dinner!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I got such a Zombies meets Call of Duty vibe when Carol blew up the tank, was walking into Terminus and sniped those guys, Pure Awesome!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

You know, I know it is a Walker Raid on Terminus and it is panic, but the Terminus folks waste bullets horribly! You think they know to shot in the head by this point.

The lead guy that takes count is going to be ticked.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Man ........ you just do not want to pass Carol off.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

This episode was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Loved it from beginning to end.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"No Sanctuary" is an excellent start to season five and the gore throughout is superb. The second scene where the Terminus people were about to butcher Rick, Daryl, Glen and Bob was tense. Carol to the rescue is awesome and it was nice to see her disguise herself as a zombie. I don't think we've seen that since season one. Speaking of her character has grown a lot since then. The zombie on fire eating someone is one of the coolest visuals this show has done. Rick was a beast when he grabbed that guy's machine gun. Tyreese should have killed that guy first thing but seeing him tackle dude was great. Eugene is such a bullshitter. The reunion scenes at the end were genuinely touching. I'm honestly surprised they burned through the Terminus situation so quickly but I loved the pacing and I hope the rest of the season follows suit. It was fantastic to see Morgan return in the post credits scene.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So its pretty clear that Terminus people were eating people as we saw. The preparation as Conan O'Brien and others joked was pretty wild. "Hey they had an A on the board there because the health department may stop by."

As they said the show took it to another level of insane damn gore folks.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.