Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I don't get how the women folk being raped turns you into *cannibals*. There are easier way to get food,so that's a level of depravity that you really need to make an effort to reach. I have no sympathy for those people, the needed to exterminated and their seed wiped from the Earth.

It looked like Garret (Garreth?) may have only been injured by Rick's gunfire. And there were more of his guys alive with him up on that roof. So he might be back.

On Talking Dead, the writer talked a bit about how Terminus worked and how they even recruited some new people. Would have been interesting to see that play out. Going in to the season, I was sure Terminus would the primary location until at least the mid-season break. When it was all blowing to hell before the first commercial, I was shocked and pleased at the unexpected twist.

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    Okay, so help me understand. The Termites killed and ate people. But people when they die turn into the WD. The Termites I presume know this.

So...I guess the Termites just didn't care? Or is it that I as a watcher care..but "in story" there isn't really a concern (maybe since they seem to all have the "virus" anyway?). But...that knowledge is really,really exclusive because Rick had it whispered to him from the CDC guy. Only Rick's crew & a few others really knows that "everyone has the disease".

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

I think most people have figured it out by now. I mean so many people have died from wounds not caused by a Zombie and came back. I think most large group have found out through experience. Also they guy on the table was already shot in the head but im sure they smash up the brain before they turn so they don't have to worry about the flesh decaying faster then normal. Just my thought process.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-12-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Damn that is one wild sense of continuity !
    A wild sense of Continuity to me would be Morales coming back.

Incredible Member

I assumed the baseball bat to the head was prevent Walkerizing. Anyway, it'd be no trouble to give them quick stab in the head during the butchering process.

I know Carol had Daryl's crossbow, but did she also get Michonne's sword? That home-made naginata thing was kinda cool, I wonder if she'll keep that around. And I'm really hoping we learn how she knows to use all this stuff. Was she taking kendo classes for fun before the apocalypse?

Quote Originally Posted by o1pickleboy View Post
    A wild sense of Continuity to me would be Morales coming back.
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    With Morgan back , I guess he will become a cast member now since Lennie James last TV series "Low Winter Sun" was cancelled by AMC.
    God I hope so, Lennie James is one of the best actors to appear on the show and Clear was one of my favorite episodes of the Series. Also he looks sane and on a mission. So hopefully we get some Sane bad ass ex Military Morgan coming soon.

Loved all the reunions, worth the wait. Though I got the feeling Tyreese really didn't kill that guy, just knocked him out and kept him tied up, which was why he was so adamant Carol not go back inside.

Terminus has a pretty cool backstory. Maybe it was just me but the guy in the flashback who brought Mary back and took another girl kinda sounded like Joe.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-12-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Who?
    He separated from the group with his family way back in season one.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I assumed the baseball bat to the head was prevent Walkerizing. Anyway, it'd be no trouble to give them quick stab in the head during the butchering process.

I know Carol had Daryl's crossbow, but did she also get Michonne's sword? That home-made naginata thing was kinda cool, I wonder if she'll keep that around. And I'm really hoping we learn how she knows to use all this stuff. Was she taking kendo classes for fun before the apocalypse?

Who?
    CHubby Mexican guy who left with his family in season 1 when they broke camp

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I got the feeling Tyreese really didn't kill that guy, just knocked him out and kept him tied up, which was why he was so adamant Carol not go back inside.
    Yes I think that's certain. I loved Tyreese Hulking out. Wish he woulda ripped that guys head off with his bare hands lol. But naw the guy was just knocked out and he lied because he knew carol would kill the guy. He might be slow in the head after that beating though.

Great season opening. I was surprised about how quickly they handled Terminus, but it makes me happy. After such a long stay at the prison, I want them on the move for a while.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yes I think that's certain. I loved Tyreese Hulking out. Wish he woulda ripped that guys head off with his bare hands lol. But naw the guy was just knocked out and he lied because he knew carol would kill the guy. He might be slow in the head after that beating though.
    If so it will probably come back to bite Tyreese. Like the guy will show up later and end up killing Sasha or something.

Great season premiere, loved it.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Spectacular Member

I don't get how the women folk being raped turns you into *cannibals*. There are easier way to get food,so that's a level of depravity that you really need to make an effort to reach. I have no sympathy for those people, the needed to exterminated and their seed wiped from the Earth.

It looked like Garret (Garreth?) may have only been injured by Rick's gunfire. And there were more of his guys alive with him up on that roof. So he might be back.

On Talking Dead, the writer talked a bit about how Terminus worked and how they even recruited some new people. Would have been interesting to see that play out. Going in to the season, I was sure Terminus would the primary location until at least the mid-season break. When it was all blowing to hell before the first commercial, I was shocked and pleased at the unexpected twist.
    I think the flashback scenes where just to show they were good guys one time, they will be more with Garreth later on I imagine to explain the evolution to cannibals.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    "No Sanctuary" is an excellent start to season five and the gore throughout is superb. The second scene where the Terminus people were about to butcher Rick, Daryl, Glen and Bob was tense. Carol to the rescue is awesome and it was nice to see her disguise herself as a zombie. I don't think we've seen that since season one. Speaking of her character has grown a lot since then. The zombie on fire eating someone is one of the coolest visuals this show has done. Rick was a beast when he grabbed that guy's machine gun. Tyreese should have killed that guy first thing but seeing him tackle dude was great. Eugene is such a bullshitter. The reunion scenes at the end were genuinely touching. I'm honestly surprised they burned through the Terminus situation so quickly but I loved the pacing and I hope the rest of the season follows suit. It was fantastic to see Morgan return in the post credits scene.
    They probably blew their tv budget on the big ass explosion and will now spend the entire season inside the church they come across next episode...

I really enjoyed the premier, it was great seeing Rick and company not play the victim in this ad take it to the Terminus people. I was totally with Rick in saying they should go back and wipe out the Terminus survivors, the flashbacks really didn't make me feel sorry for them for the most part.

That being said when Garret and his people were the ones locked up in the train cars and their captors came back with the older woman and took the younger one and she said "Please not again"....that part was really hard to watch.