Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I don't really think I even blinked for the first nine minutes of the episode. Absolutely one of the best season premieres I can recall seeing in a LONG time. Typically I will watch the episode, skip the Talking Dead as the host annoys the living dead out of me and then watch the rebroadcast.
    Funny, the whole second viewing I just kept hoping Michonne would get her sword, I hope that is not gone.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    The rule seems to be 2 big deaths a year

2014 - Hershel/Governor
    2013 - Andrea/Lori
    2012 - Shane/Dale
    I owe ya a coke

This show got me so paranoid that I was certain that a main character was going to kick the bucket, and that it was only a matter of trying to predict who it would be. So when we finally got a relatively happy ending, I breathed quite the sigh of relief.

Inconsequential thought, but I was surprised in hindsight that we had a bigger battle scene here than the Governor's first big attack on the prison (the one with the grenade launcher blowing up one of the towers). I just remember all the reactions of, "Wait, that's IT?! Despite what all the commercials showed us?" But between the Governor's last attack with his second group and this season premiere, the action scenes have been really gripping and nicely paced.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I meant specifically in this episode, in that scene. The rest of the time, sure, someone could have died. Seemed a shame to not kill off one of the lesser characters in that scene, instead opting for people we've either never seen, or don't care about.
    Who would they kill off? Everyone seems important at this point. Are they going to kill Bob? Please. Sasha? She's one of the most capable people living in this world. Tara? They didn't spend all that time developing her for nothing. Abraham/Eugene/Rosita? They're clearly around for the rest of the season.

They developed those characters so you care about them when they die. Look, I didn't expect anyone to die, but that's the problem. You can't create tension with the threat of death when there's no real threat of death.

I liked this episode, but i didnt care about the scenes showing the birth of Terminus.
    This is the Zombie Apocalypse, it doesnt matter what you did before what matters is what you are doing now.
    And now you are threatening the crew so the crew is going to kill you.

BTW, worst scene of the season already happened. That dude crawling on his back slowly just to get killed. Did i miss something? Was his back broken? A leg? Why was he doing something silly like that?

They developed those characters so you care about them when they die. Look, I didn't expect anyone to die, but that's the problem. You can't create tension with the threat of death when there's no real threat of death.
    I think you are way off on this. Was the point of Terminus to have tension...I'd argue that was more of a payoff scene. But the episode did have tension with Tyresse, Judith and the Cabin.

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I liked this episode, but i didnt care about the scenes showing the birth of Terminus.
    This is the Zombie Apocalypse, it doesnt matter what you did before what matters is what you are doing now.
    And now you are threatening the crew so the crew is going to kill you.

BTW, worst scene of the season already happened. That dude crawling on his back slowly just to get killed. Did i miss something? Was his back broken? A leg? Why was he doing something silly like that?
    He was probably injured from............that massive fookin' explosion?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    The rule seems to be 2 big deaths a year

2014 - Hershel/Governor
    2013 - Andrea/Lori
    2012 - Shane/Dale
    How dare you discount T-Dog and Merle!!!

Ultimate Member

Seriously. I laughed when they brought those red shirts in, to kill instead of the main cast. Because I knew they'd bite it instead. Coulda been awesome if one survived...

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    He was probably injured from............that massive fookin' explosion?
    But it was shot horribly because he was pretty clean, there was nothing on the dude that looked like he had anything wrong with it.
    It looked more like that joke scene in Austin Powers.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    The blonde guy was that hippie dude with the dislocated shoulder? If so I did not make the connection. What does that mean happened to him and his companion when they were together? Did zombies come after them and he fled and left his girl behind with the bum leg (if I recall she had a limp) or did the Terminus people go hunting for prey also?
    He basically got scared and ditched her to be eaten . Its sad but she could barely walk and he couldn't shoot straight due to his shoulder. They should have got in Rick's car and waited on him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    How dare you discount T-Dog and Merle!!!
    Milton's death was bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    But it was shot horribly because he was pretty clean, there was nothing on the dude that looked like he had anything wrong with it.
    It looked more like that joke scene in Austin Powers.
    I was under the impression he had an injured leg, like a broken/twisted ankle or something.

Star Trek - red shirts. I never noticed when I was a kid but now we notice.