Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I understand they dont stay in state lines. But lets assume and we really have no reason not to that at least an equal amount of people survived across the nation. Now you can say this is a leap. But not really. They keep bumping into people all day and night in southern Georgia. Now you can say this is the exception to the rule but I would say thats a leap. Lets say that some of these people who have survived are much better armed than Rick and his merry men. For cripes sake one guy with an M249 could take out thousands of these goofs. And thats just a machine gun. So say down in florida they are fighting zombies. They are making noise to. So it evens out. Killing these things in mass quantities should mean that they are running into less not more. For cripes sake there we killed like 70 million buffalo in the states. We wiped them out in 50 years. And that was with single shot buffalo guns on horseback. Throw in a repeater here and there. And buffalo are alot harder to kill than zombies. You cant walk up to one and stab him in the eye with a stick.
    Not everyone is willing or able to kill their quota of zombies. Some are too young, some are too old. Some aren't physically strong enough. Some are delusional and keep them locked in barns. Some avoid killing them entirely opting for stealth and avoidance and hiding instead. And more zombies are being made every day whenever someone dies from anything under than a brain injury. I would also say that they are encountering less zombies in most episodes. But for big episodes where there is lots of gunfire and explosions, it makes sense story wise (and entertainment wise) that we would see a lot more of them on certain occasions.

Fantastic Member

So anyone notice the female walker coming out of the woods that Carol killed toward the beginning? Blond hair, hole in face, one handcuff, and was dressed suspiciously like Andrea.

CTomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    So anyone notice the female walker coming out of the woods that Carol killed toward the beginning? Blond hair, hole in face, one handcuff, and was dressed suspiciously like Andrea.
    Good catch. Went back and checked. Thats definitely Andrea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Not everyone is willing or able to kill their quota of zombies. Some are too young, some are too old. Some aren't physically strong enough. Some are delusional and keep them locked in barns. Some avoid killing them entirely opting for stealth and avoidance and hiding instead. And more zombies are being made every day whenever someone dies from anything under than a brain injury. I would also say that they are encountering less zombies in most episodes. But for big episodes where there is lots of gunfire and explosions, it makes sense story wise (and entertainment wise) that we would see a lot more of them on certain occasions.
    I aint talking about everyone meeting their quota. Some wont, and some would far exceed it( here is looking at you girl with sword and guy with crossbow) so it would average out. Not every american shot a buffalo but there were enough that did.

Didn't Andrea shoot herself?

And I also thought it was goofy that the guy fell down and couldn't get away. He didn't seem very disoriented or injured, he just didn't make any attempts at crawling faster. Very Austin Powers-y.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    Didn't Andrea shoot herself?

And I also thought it was goofy that the guy fell down and couldn't get away. He didn't seem very disoriented or injured, he just didn't make any attempts at crawling faster. Very Austin Powers-y.

She did shoot herself thus the hole in that walker's face. Hair, clothes, and the cuff on one wrist points to it being Andrea so maybe she missed her brain. I think it was just meant to be an easter egg that most people wouldn't even notice. I don't even think it was mentioned on Talking Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    She did shoot herself thus the hole in that walker's face. Hair, clothes, and the cuff on one wrist points to it being Andrea so maybe she missed her brain.
    Ugh, she can't even kill herself right. Good going once again, Andrea.

I understand they dont stay in state lines. But lets assume and we really have no reason not to that at least an equal amount of people survived across the nation. Now you can say this is a leap. But not really. They keep bumping into people all day and night in southern Georgia. Now you can say this is the exception to the rule but I would say thats a leap. Lets say that some of these people who have survived are much better armed than Rick and his merry men. For cripes sake one guy with an M249 could take out thousands of these goofs. And thats just a machine gun. So say down in florida they are fighting zombies. They are making noise to. So it evens out. Killing these things in mass quantities should mean that they are running into less not more. For cripes sake there we killed like 70 million buffalo in the states. We wiped them out in 50 years. And that was with single shot buffalo guns on horseback. Throw in a repeater here and there. And buffalo are alot harder to kill than zombies. You cant walk up to one and stab him in the eye with a stick.
    The buffalo were not trying to eat or even attack the shooters. In the George Romero's first movie "Night of the Living Dead" the zombies were eventually destroyed but it took humanity a day or so to get their game going. For his sequel, Romero showed that in the 70s zombies were everywhere but humanity was having difficulty organizing to get them under control - remember SWAT teams were attacking an inner city building because the people were refusing to give up their dead relatives. The zombie thing is still unknown phenomenon to them but they keep replenishing their numbers as humans die. But even in World War Z humans eventually win out.
    <p>
    So I get your points. I think the TV show writers do a poor job of showing how or why humanity collapsed so fast. We just watch these survivors stumble about like idiots from one trap into another.

The eating his face off looked like he was eating a wax figure to.
    I got a 60" Hair HDTV for under $900 recently (it's a cheap brand but you get a big ass screen for a lot less money and looks about the same in quality - I can't tell the difference from the $2,000+++ name brand version) and I had an old tube TV before - it was a bug tube and worked so I never bothered to get a new one but finally splurged - and I tell you you can see stuff on a big screen HDTV that you never noticed before. In Pacific Rim when humans are in blue screen mode I can actually tell it is a blue screen.

So, yea, the face looked fake as shit and it looked like direct to video 1980s horror effect - and lets face it - those are the guys who did those 1980 shlock movies doing the effects - we have to pretend they are SF geniuses because of geek fandom.

The whole idea. Oh they dont have alot of ammo. Yea they sure as crap do. I havent seen one scene that anyone has said. Hey we are short on ammo. EVER. Hell uggg I dont know honestly just get a backhoe dig a 10 ft long trench in a circle and you have a fort. This is not rocket science. The goofs last season built one zombie ditch in front of their rv. Well gee lets not expand the ditch lol. Lets just have this one ditch. And even if it works like a charm im too tired to expand the ditch. The logic in this show is ridiculous.
    I agree 100%. In the comic the prison defenses made sense. They did not dig a ditch because the land around the prison was concrete parking lot but they piled up cars, etc. In the new storyline near DC they have a ditch, etc.

I am thinking the TV show has zero budget even to dig a ditch or even to have a blue screened in ditch. I also don't think the WD TV writers (again Kirkman is not really involved much) come from a background of apocalypse / end time scenario fiction writers. There are lots of them on Amazon but few of them are TV show writers. So these writers stumble in trying to figure out what humans would do or be like in an apocalyptic scenario.

ScyFy's Z Nation as corny as it is and cheaply done gets is more right in terms of how the end the world in a zombie apocalypse would look and feel like than Walking Dead does.
    Last edited by Jack Flag; 10-14-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    My brother does not get this point - in the Walking Dead and George Romero world - people never heard of zombies before (the cannibal kind) and struggle with how to deal with them.

Also, the Walking Dead has dumb downed the zombies a lot. In the pilot episode when Frank Darabont did it the zombies used tools - you saw one pick up a rock or concrete block to break a glass door and they know how to use a door knob, etc. Even the George Romero zombies can do simple tools and tasks on their own - it takes them a while to figure it out or remember and that makes them a little more dangerous. I can maybe fight a zombie off that just clutches and bites - but zombies that may also use a tree branch or a rock in hand to try and kill me? That maybe a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by CTomorrow View Post
    Someone commented on this and I cut and pasted their words:

"Michonne stayed in the room with Andrea until the end; Rick and Daryl were right outside the door. Plus they returned to the prison with a wrapped body on the back of the truck. Even if Andrea "missed" the rest weren't going to leave her turned. And no it wasn't discussed on the talking dead."

http://www.twdenthusiasts.com/2014/1...-no-sanctuary/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Ugh, she can't even kill herself right. Good going once again, Andrea.
    LOL!!!! Post of the day!

I ended up watching it on Monday morning...and wow. The season premiere was awesome.

Carol was my favorite part of this ep. That, and the reunions. Great stuff. Can't wait to see where this all goes.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magik Magma Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Chamber Skin Husk

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTomorrow View Post
    Can we please get a screenshot?