Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Suicide Squad?

Hi guys,

What are your opinions on this series? Is it worth picking up? I don't hear a lot of people about it but the team setup seems a lot of fun!
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

It hasn't been good so far, lots of problems (and I read and enjoyed glass' run), but if you must read it DO NOT read the FE issue.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I am not a fan at all. I don't think the writing is very good, and I really can't get over the art.

I, too, enjoyed the Glass issues of the previous series.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Glass' run started off shaky but got better over time. I was enjoying it. And I was enjoying Kot's run on it as well. This one? I've already dropped it.

Ouch.. haha
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

BANNED

i gave the 2nd run a shot, but dropped it after the 2nd issue. If it survives and i hear that it got better, then ill try it again. maybe.

I really hope the roster changes quick. I can't get used to Joker's Daughter... love that Manta's on the team but something about King Shark was awesome/fun.

I've been getting into DC with New 52 titles. Can I skip Suicide Squad and start with New Suicide Squad? I want to be caught up with current series before Convergence ends, will I be confused and miss important stuff if I skip to the new series?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I've been getting into DC with New 52 titles. Can I skip Suicide Squad and start with New Suicide Squad? I want to be caught up with current series before Convergence ends, will I be confused and miss important stuff if I skip to the new series?
    No you won't, but it's really a bad series
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

It's been awful for me. Mainly because Harley Quinn is in it and I hate her. Now that the roster will change, I'll definitely give it a read.

I'm going to miss King Shark, El Diablo & Captain Boomerang though.

It's awful. The Convergence issue was much better than anything since Kot left.

BANNED

Both the writing and the art is terrible.

The writing is done as if it were a weekly series, with a whole lot of emptiness, but you have to wait a month every time.

The art is the single worst art I have seen in a monthly format. Rob Hunter is the worst.

There is hope that the new artist starting from #9 will be good, but the writing is still empty and boring.

Yep it has been pretty bad, which is a shame since the last volume finished off pretty strong.

I like Black Manta on the team but besides that? Not much else.

Before the new movie drops they will probably blow the whole thing up. Put a big name creative team on it and a more classic lineup., I'll wait for that.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Yep it has been pretty bad, which is a shame since the last volume finished off pretty strong.

Before the new movie drops they will probably blow the whole thing up. Put a big name creative team on it and a more classic lineup., I'll wait for that.

I'd kill for the classic lineup. Bronze Tiger, Enchantress, Count Vertigo, etc...And most of all keep HQ far away lol. I want my SS to be hard-core again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Nearly the entire problem with not liking anyone on the team is because the writing is so atrocious that none of the members have gotten any depth given to them. They're just cardboard cutouts doing random things.

I actually hope it will be a case where they continue this version until after the movie is out and done in the theaters, and then they can start the whole thing over, fresh.

And a big emphatic yes to Count Vertigo. He needs to come back. Rick Flag and Bronze Tiger kind of too. Flag could be the guy under Waller but above the team, so he's not taking up a space in missions.