Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Does anybody here know if Wetworks was made part of the DCU?

I would love to see Grail (and Dane), a member of Wetworks, have a run-in with Argus.
    In theory, every WS character was. I don't think they have shown up, but they're available to be used.

Wetworks is in convergence azbats title,
    convergence batman shadow of the bat 2
    http://www.newsarama.com/23493-dc-s-...ts-week-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Wetworks is in convergence azbats title,
    convergence batman shadow of the bat 2
    http://www.newsarama.com/23493-dc-s-...ts-week-2.html
    thanks. somehow i didn't notice that when i scanned the solicits. i wonder if more wildstorm characters will get integrated to the main dcu post convergence.

if ever dc decides they need to feature more asian heroes, my vote goes for xombi, grunge, and grail.

Mighty Member

thanks. somehow i didn't notice that when i scanned the solicits. i wonder if more wildstorm characters will get integrated to the main dcu post convergence.

if ever dc decides they need to feature more asian heroes, my vote goes for xombi, grunge, and grail.
    Xombi definitely get my first vote. Don't know much about Grail... but I'm a martial artist so a Filipino hand to hand expert sounds cool to me!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Xombi definitely get my first vote. Don't know much about Grail... but I'm a martial artist so a Filipino hand to hand expert sounds cool to me!
    don't know much about martial arts, except for the occasional ufc match, but i wouldn't mind more wildstorm characters getting more attention in the dcu. plus these guys are already existing characters so no need to change an established characters race or gender (mind you, i do like renee montoya and ryan choi).

Extraordinary Member

Aquawoman

Aquawoman-Marella (Earth 2) in the new52 is of east asian origin.
    Someone posted recently she is based off Filipino,the Badjao tribe.

Here is the link comment for anyone who wants to read it.

Race Changing and Diversity in Superhero Movies.
    http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=494673&page=4
    Last edited by mace11; 03-03-2015 at 12:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Grunge is already in the new 52.

Here is the list.
    Grunge
    http://comicbookdb.com/search.php?fo...type=Character

and
    Grunge (DC)(Post Flashpoint) - Chronological Listing
    http://comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=61912
    http://comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=61912

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Aquawoman

Aquawoman-Marella (Earth 2) in the new52 is of east asian origin.
    Someone posted recently she is based off Filipino,the Badjao tribe.

Here is the link comment for anyone who wants to read it.

Race Changing and Diversity in Superhero Movies.
    http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=494673&page=4
    i wonder what will happen to earth 2 characters post converngence.

???? Why is it that every time people in the USA talk about "Latinos" it has to somehow fit their incredibly narrow minded criteria? Since when do you need a Spanish name/surname (or have to be brown skinned) to be considered Latino. I'm 6'2, light skinned, and have an Italian surname because that's where my family originally came from, I also happened to be born and raised in South America, but I guess under some of the posters definitions of Latino in this thread I supposed that I don't qualify either?:rolleyes:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    ???? Why is it that every time people in the USA talk about "Latinos" it has to somehow fit their incredibly narrow minded criteria? Since when do you need a Spanish name/surname (or have to be brown skinned) to be considered Latino. I'm 6'2, light skinned, and have an Italian surname because that's where my family originally came from, I also happened to be born and raised in South America, but I guess under some of the posters definitions of Latino in this thread I supposed that I don't qualify either?:rolleyes:
    I completely get it. I have several good friends from Argentina who are light skinned with similar type last names. I guess they don't qualify either.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I completely get it. I have several good friends from Argentina who are light skinned with similar type last names. I guess they don't qualify either.
    If we get super specific about it, nobody born and raised in the USA would qualify as a Latino, seeing as it is a cultural grouping and not an ethnic one, so I guess that would even make this thread moot.

Because most artists don't know how to show if someone is "hispanic" or "latino" any other way. In real life you can usually tell if someone may be hispanic by their face, it's much harder to depict that in comics.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Because most artists don't know how to show if someone is "hispanic" or "latino" any other way. In real life you can usually tell if someone may be hispanic by their face, it's much harder to depict that in comics.
    Um, actually you can't. Unless you are guiding yourself by some stereotypes.

Um, actually you can't. Unless you are guiding yourself by some stereotypes.
    I myself am Hispanic and can tell a good majority of the time who else is Hispanic. I also come from a very diverse city.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I myself am Hispanic and can tell a good majority of the time who else is Hispanic. I also come from a very diverse city.
    We are going to have to agree to disagree, but I was born and raised in a South American country and lived in others. Hispanics are not an ethnic group, but a cultural one, "Hispanics" literally means Spanish speakers, and that encompasses a wide variety of people. Trust me, a lot of the people in my group of friends passes as white (ethnically some of us are European, but that does not make us any less Hispanic or Latino, and I don't know why both these terms are interchangeable in the USA).
    Last edited by Technopriest; 03-06-2015 at 05:48 PM.