Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Gunshin and Byakko (Japan) although Gunshin was killed shortly after he was introduced.
    Byakko

Thunderlord (Taiwan) - deceased

Cascade (Indonesia)

Super Young team (Japan)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Young_Team

Big Science Action (japan)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Science_Action

The Great Ten (China)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Ten

Maya (India)

JudoMaster & Katana for the obvious ones

Hard to think no one remembered Dr. Light.

Kimyo Hoshi - Dr. Light, is one of my all-time favorite DC characters, who also happens to be Asian. I wish they bring back this bitchy super-heroine, even if they had to change her name, soo that there could be a villanous Dr. Light haanging around the DCU. The Doctor part is essential, after all it's what she is. Smart. A PHD. Prism also gives the idea of someone whose powers is lightbased. So I'd be fimne with her being called Dr. Prism, as long as the arrogant and bitchy personality stuck.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Latino - Vibe, Bunker.
    Wow those are two horrible names, are they joking?

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Thanks, I hope those arent currently in limbo, im interesed in new ones mostly. I only knew about Blue Beetle, Kyle Rayner ....., is Bane still a antihero?
    As far as "latino" (you'll probably get a few definitions)

Kyle Rayner - is usually trotted out on this list, he is/was created as Irish American character from the get go, the name screams it and the character through his mom only ever identified as that. The years later potential retcon isn't even referenced it's not part of his identity and never was so it's hard to count (maybe if he'd taken the name, but why would he, it's not him).

Bane - Seems to be some creators who identify him as latino, others who completely dismiss it, his origin story can be read either way. It's not a developed/ing part of his identity. When it came time to represent him in their biggest movie franchise, as far as casting or any reference to it it was completely out, hard to count him.

Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle- is probably their greatest and most successful who actually identifies as such. Sadly they gave him a legacy name cause they can't come up with anything new, so he'll inevitably revert and be replaced by the previous.

Others:
    El Diablo -(they should really drop the EL) was their first to get his own book, and has had a few incarnations, they try to reinvent him every once in a while, to little success so far. Maybe if they actually made him a hero and actually let him hang out with heroes , he might have more success.
    The cursed/tortured by a demon legacy aspect, battle with possession to channeling it for good, angle can work if they use it. Yes Marvel's Ghost Rider, except he had it before them.

Catalina Flores Tarantula - had some potential, but they took her in a direction that grossed people out, then killed her.

Rene Montoya- Was a well developed character, although in a great story line, they fused her into another's legacy - The Question - instead of developing her own ID, now of course later writers will want to bring back the original/"classic" (and why wouldn't they), so she's pretty much limbo/dead.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-02-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I'm torn, I liked both his id's, and what they reference. I think I would have kept the "Mr. Unknown" name and maybe make a hybrid of the two guises.
    Or make it a duo or trio, give him another partner with one of the looks.
    Yeah, I could go for separate identities. Not that I highly dislike the Batman Japan look, but I just like the name Mr. Unknown and his look so much more, and it seems a shame to let it sit unused. Maybe set up a friendly rivalry among the two.
    Last edited by The Odd Man; 10-02-2014 at 08:05 AM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Kimyo Hoshi - Dr. Light, is one of my all-time favorite DC characters, who also happens to be Asian. I wish they bring back this bitchy super-heroine, even if they had to change her name, so that there could be a villanous Dr. Light hanging around the DCU.
    I may be wrong here, but I believe she is Arthur Light's wife in the New 52.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I had heard something in regards to that (and even saw it hinted in the firts JLA trade), however saw no confirmation for it (still waiting on the second trade). I wouldn't mind if she took over his super-heroic identity.

Peace

Karate Kid...

Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez)

both don't exist in the NEW 52 though...

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

Kimyo Hoshi - Dr. Light, is one of my all-time favorite DC characters, who also happens to be Asian. I wish they bring back this bitchy super-heroine, even if they had to change her name, soo that there could be a villanous Dr. Light haanging around the DCU. The Doctor part is essential, after all it's what she is. Smart. A PHD. Prism also gives the idea of someone whose powers is lightbased. So I'd be fimne with her being called Dr. Prism, as long as the arrogant and bitchy personality stuck.
    Peace
    Sad, she was once a character with great potential, now that name is toxic thanks to Meltzers ID Crisis* (new universe or not). Now she's married to him?

I agree with exile001, Give her her own name! Frak isn't the Japanese word for star(light) Hoshi, her name! At least call her that! They need to sever the two characters as much as possible, they did the opposite.

*[OT rant](no they were not dealing with an adult/mature topic, since the character who would actually have to deal with the ramifications was just burnt alive! in the story, so nobody character or writer actually had to deal with it. It was just superficially exploited for cheapest disgusting and juvenile shock, nothing mature/adult about it being there.[/OT rant].
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-02-2014 at 09:54 PM.

OMAC and Vibe are both asian and latino, respectively. Too bad their series didn't last.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Peace
    Can't believe there are only 3 people on this thread that actually remember her. She was the best!
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 10-02-2014 at 10:17 AM.
    Cyclops was right

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by DC Hero View Post
    Bane - Seems to be some creators who identify him as latino, others who completely dismiss it, his origin story can be read either way. It's not a developed/ing part of his identity. When it came time to represent him in their biggest movie franchise, as far as casting or any reference to it it was completely out, hard to count him.
    Yes, it is. HE was born and raised in a Latin America island, speaking (I assume) spanish. It doesn't matter if he wears it on it's sleeve, or if he is a "minority" (which, technically, he isn't). I'm latino (brazilian), and not a minority (I live in Brazil ). There's no obligation for him to clearly a latino at all times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Can't believe there are only 3 people on this thread that actually remember her. She was the best!
    I remember her, but I only read her in the early JLI issues and she wasn't very good there. Maybe if she'd stuck around, since I consider a handful of that team's members to be among my favorite DC characters (Blue & Gold, Guy, Kilowog-for his portrayal here, the Dibnys).

Conor Hawke's mother is half Korean half American which make him 25% Korean. Don't know how much it counts as the character doesn't seem to have much Korean culture or heritage,

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Pre-New 52 Rose Wilson (Ravager) was originally half-cambodian. Not that you would know that looking at her through the 90's or 00's. Like Kyle Rayner (Half-Mexican) she's always been drawn and portrayed as being white.

Kimiyo Doctor Light rocks. I haven't seen or heard anything about her since New 52 began. Like Donna Troy and other characters (like Wally West until recently) she has been left to twist in the wind during this new reboot.

BANNED

Um.. there are white latinos -whats with this casual racism lol- and I remember a scene from a GL comic saying that all that Kyle Rayner dark hair didnt came from his mother irish side but from his father.

Also there are white looking asians like Keanu Reaves.

Whitewashing attempt failed.
    jk

Anyways thanks for the help, sadly most if not all of the mentioned are in limbo. Manga it is.