Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Simon Baz. His ancestry is from West Asia.
    Want to second Simon Baz. This man is awesome and cool. He has the potential to carry as a leading man with who he is and what he brings to the table. Since Sam Humphries left Green Lanterns, Simon's been missing the respect he deserves from the DC's creative side. And he suffers even worse from the vocal fandom; many of who would be quick to give kudos to Jessica alone, while leaving Simon forgotten in a ditch.

But make no mistake: Simon has lead potential and contemporary relevance and appeal. Man could carry.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    When Rogue One came out I recall talking to my tattoo artist (who happens to be Asian) about how much we loved it. Both of us couldn’t believe that there was a Latino male lead and multiple Asian male characters. Neither of us could remember ever seeing anything like that before.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have no knowledge of this, but my cynical brain thinks that since the main character was a woman, they didn't want to either a)have a white male lead there who could potentially overshadow her (implying that men of color would be seen as less threatening to her agency) and b)That they wouldn't have to "neuter" a white male lead for the female lead's sake.

Again, I don't want to think that this was their thinking, and I have no way of knowing that it is, but ... yeah, part of me does feel like it might be the case - even if it was subconscious.
    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Rogue One' prequel series Cassian Andor Series is still coming out and the main lead in that series is Diego Luna.
    Then there is this recent news.
    Disney+'s Star Wars Rogue One Spinoff Adds Adria Arjona as Diego Luna's Co-Star
    https://www.cbr.com/disneys-star-war...na-diego-luna/

Adria Arjona will be of course in the upcoming sony marvel film morbius.

Updated cast list.
    Untitled Star Wars/Cassian Andor Series
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9253284/fullcredits

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And of course The Mandalorian stars a Chilean-American actor, Pedro Pascal...
    That is correct.
    Last edited by mace11; 08-20-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Jessica cruz and simon baz will be in the green lantern hbo max series.
    'Green Lantern' Series Gets Greenlight at HBO Max.
    Green Lantern HBO Max Series Will Focus on Guy Gardner, Sinestro, Alan Scott, and Many More

The DC Comics multiverse is set to get a shot of willpower from the famed Guardians of the Universe when Green Lantern premieres on HBO Max. It will join other DC Universe shows on the new HBO streaming service. The streamer revealed official details Friday about the upcoming series for which they have ordered 10 episodes.

Green Lantern will explore the history of the different heroes who join the corps, with executive producer Greg Berlanti teaming up with showrunner Seth Grahame-Smith to tell the stories of heroes like Alan Scott, Kilowog, Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, and many more in a brand new live-action series. While there's no word yet on if the show will be set in the continuity of Zack Snyder's Justice League universe or exist as a separate entity, DC and HBO Max have made it clear that these are lines that can be blurred and explored in the future.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...cott-sinestro/

Green Lantern: HBO Max Series Includes Gay Hero, Introduces New Corps Members
    https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-hb...corps-members/

Extraordinary Member

Not dceu,but this is news for the mcu.
    Oscar Isaac will be moonknight for the mcu.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...66#post5205866

Not dceu,but this is news for the mcu.
    Oscar Isaac will be moonknight for the mcu.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...66#post5205866
    That’s pretty cool. Most Hollywood studios still wont put a Hispanic male in a leading role but Disney has been the exception in recent years. Usually the Hispanic character is the female sex symbol. Disney has been breaking from that trend with Diego Luna about the reprise his role as Casian Andor, Pedro Pascal as The Mandalorian, and now Isaac as Moon Knight. Hopefully WB/AT&T will someday realize that there is a big Hispanic market that is desperate for representation.

So I guess Spector won't be the son of a rabbi anymore? It's crazy the other choices of actors they were considering. It's like their casting approach has DiD - there's no way to tell where they're going with the character based on who else they were considering. I mean... Nick Kroll??(maybe he was their "Michael Keaton" option)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-27-2020 at 12:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

This was posted in the moon knight thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    His father's side is Jewish so I think we're okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    IIRC, he doesn't know if he is. (I was going to explain something about the matter and spanish history, but it doesn't really matter and it's really off topic).

Maaan. I didn't know I liked this idea so much.

EDIT: oh, so he is by his father's side? Cool. I was trying to recall some interview where he was asked about it, but I guess I recalled that part wrong.

Oscar Isaac: 'I dropped Cuban name to get more roles... then lost one because they thought I was Jewish'
    https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/c...-a3691551.html
    Last edited by mace11; 10-27-2020 at 04:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Oscar Isaac (I)
    Oscar Isaac was born Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada in Guatemala, to a Guatemalan mother, María Eugenia, and a Cuban father, Oscar Gonzalo Hernández-Cano, a pulmonologist.
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1209966/

I posted this post and above post in the marvel forum as well.
    THREAD: MOON KNIGHT APPRECIATION 2020
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ion-2020/page6
    Last edited by mace11; 10-27-2020 at 04:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I'd take less Damian Robin and more Riko Robin. The hero we need, the hero we deserve.

Surely a more popular and wisely known character is better for representation than an obscure character?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Surely a more popular and wisely known character is better for representation than an obscure character?
    No? Being obscure has nothing to do with quality of writing.

Extraordinary Member

It looks like Jade (Jenny Hayden) will be Filipino (or half Filipino because of Alan) on the second season of Stargirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It looks like Jade (Jenny Hayden) will be Filipino (or half Filipino because of Alan) on the second season of Stargirl.
    Where'd you hear that? I haven't been able to find anything on Alan's casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I'd take less Damian Robin and more Riko Robin. The hero we need, the hero we deserve.

I miss Riko! they left her on a weird note, would love to know what she's doing. man, the We are Robin cast all have so much untapped potential.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where'd you hear that? I haven't been able to find anything on Alan's casting.
    Look up stargirl show news.

Not Alan, but it looks like golden age Rose and Thorn will be considered Filipino,

because of Jade’s actress.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No? Being obscure has nothing to do with quality of writing.
    I suppose. Negative representation is at times more damaging than No representation.

Making Damian into a suicide bomber in Teen Titans recently just reinforces negative stereotypes. Along with the LOA being a terrorist group and the sword wielding badass martial artist ...... Jeez that's a whole lot of cans of worms