Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    From the outside looking in, it seems really difficult to care about these clone characters, especially when I see Superguy as a dummy in the preview. I'd be interested in trying if there was a good jump-on issue, though.
    It's only issue ten. The first volume comes out on the 21st of this month. It collects #1-7. If you like that you can pick up #8, #9, and #10. Or if you go digital don't even wait and just get #1. You can get it on comixology for $0.99. And the rest of the series is $1.99 on there.

Amazing Member

So, after all that build-up the Five was defeated in banal punch-fest? Color me disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by rusgav View Post
    So, after all that build-up the Five was defeated in banal punch-fest? Color me disappointed.
    Whats banal about it? They send them against Etrigan/demons to weaken them first, then fight place is picked specifically so that Covel doesn't have any technology, Convert no humans to possess, Kali no souls to consume. This was all set up.

I suppose it did kind of feel a bit anti-climatic considering how long the Five were being amped up as these villains that brought all of society down under their heel though one can't say there wasn't a set-up. Though I am glad that this happened as it means some new stories instead of the Five as it was starting to drag a bit. Looking forward to seeing more from Camelot and Etrigan... this world building is quite interesting. Wonder if we will see Cadmus again... and there is still Firestorm out there. And what more heroes await being resurrected? So many questions....

For me Five "were dealt with" in the last issue when Hal defeated Locus. After that it was kinda obvious that League can win this since others weren't THAT powerful and they even played right into heroes hand.

I've finally caught up to issue #10! I would not have thought to pick up this series if I hadn't heard about Booster and Beetle's imminent appearance, but I have really been enjoying reading through it over the last couple of weeks -- it's fun and ridiculous and has great action sequences, character interactions, and some amazing world building. Everything I love in a comic book! Hopefully I won't be the only new reader.

I thought the punch-fest finale wasn't too out of context -- they learned enough about each of their enemies in each past engagement to figure out how to take them down. I don't think we've seen the last of them at all, since none of the five are dead I don't think. I'm interested in where they are going with Green Lantern's evolved powers. And also what Firestorm has been up to.

I'm digging where this is going. It's a big, glorious clusterfk of the DC Universe. Camelot 3000 against Etrigan with a flimsy alliance with a bootleg Justice League. The Great Disaster- Kamandi or Legion? A Fatal Five, the Wonder Twins.

Giffen and DeMatties are knocking it out of the park with concepts and Porter is great as usual.