Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Default Moon Knight #3 Spoilers

Another solid issue from Ellis and I thought Jordie Bellaire did a great job with the colors. spoilers:
    A gang of punk rocker ghosts terrorize downtown Manhattan. Moon Knight attempts to intervene but discovers that he can't actually hit them and instead they pummel him bloody. Back at his mansion Marc confers with Khonshu who suggests he find some garments for fighting the dead. After searching through his collection of artifacts Moon Knight is ready to try again. Now that he's able to physically hurt the ghosts they decide to flee from him. Moon Knight chases them to a building that's been closed for renovation where he finds their dead bodies.
    end of spoilers
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Another great issue from Ellis. Jordie Bellaire is proving to be one of the best colorists in the business. Really the entire team is doing fantastic stuff.

While the series is very good, I am finding the issues read way too quickly. I'm looking forward to Ellis bringing something a bit meatier to the book, because so far, they're entertaining stories, but they take no time at all to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    While the series is very good, I am finding the issues read way too quickly. I'm looking forward to Ellis bringing something a bit meatier to the book, because so far, they're entertaining stories, but they take no time at all to read.
    While I almost agree, the one/done element is working for me. It does seem like a core element got a little more meat this issue.

I enjoyed this issue quite a bit, probably the most of any issue in this new volume. I need to pull my old comics out and refresh my memory, but I feel like Ellis was writing a sort of epilogue / homage to Doug Moench's and Kevin Nowlan's "A Box of Music for Savage Studs" and "When the Music Stops..." in volume 1 issues #31 and #32.

MoonKnight_MusicBox.jpg
    BOOSTER GOLD (Michael Jon Carter), HAWKEYE (Clint Barton), IRON FIST (Daniel Rand), MOON KNIGHT (Marc Spector aka Steven Grant aka Jake Lockley), NIGHTCRAWLER (Kurt Wagner), NOVA (Richard Rider)

Man, this sh!t was weird as hell, but also, intriguing...

Fucking Ellis, Ha!

So what happens at the end? I mean how did the gang end up exactly in the that situation?

And are there any parallels to Marc Spector's back story?

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Thanks for the descriptor, Art School Dropout. Definitely waiting for the trade.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Moon Knight hates ghosts? Message received loud and clear. This issue was light on the dialogue and heavy on the face smashing/limb shredding but no complaints here, I am enjoying the one-shot focused approach.

And MK is taking some severe punishment between last issue getting shot near his ribcage by that sniper and this issue getting chain whipped and stomped by the biker ghosts. He can't keep going at this pace for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    So what happens at the end? I mean how did the gang end up exactly in the that situation?

And are there any parallels to Marc Spector's back story?
    One guy's take -

Each reader is left to draw their own conclusion.

Another awesome, beautiful issue. Loving this series, and the done-in-one execution.

Radar Sense Bitches !! Matt Murdock's Swagger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I really enjoy the series so far, but like you said, issues #2 & #3 read way too quick.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One guy's take -

Each reader is left to draw their own conclusion.
    That's the whole point!
    I was trying to initiate the sharing of conclusions but I couldn't find the spoiler button-things in this new board system stuff.
    The more interesting thing is what conclusion did Moon Knight draw?

spoilers:
    Here's my take: Johnny has an attack of conscience with the message on the music box. He sat at their base with the music box and waited for his bros to come back. Then he head shot the four of them and then commit suicide. I guess the parallel is that Moon Knight had an attack of conscience and turn against his merc pals in Egypt?
    end of spoilers

On the ending -

spoilers:
    That does seem like a possibility. Seems to line up with the nod that has been mentioned.

It also seems like the ghosts could be stand ins for Marc's mental constructs/aliases/whatever they are.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

they need to put out a poster of Moon Knight wearing the ancient Egyptian armor.
    Last edited by Professor Moriarty; 05-07-2014 at 10:50 PM.