Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amazing Member

mine would be called "X-Men United" and would bring back together all the x-men. they would come back together to stop a new sentinel program that was designed to wipe out all mutants at any and all costs.

Main Cast:
    Cyclops
    Gambit
    Havok
    Iceman
    Cable
    Bishop
    Rachel Grey
    Emma
    Psylocke
    Kitty
    Dazzler
    Storm(who would die in the first arc)
    Rogue
    Magneto
    Illyana

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I want your book except for Scarlet Witch! I know I say this often but M-TWINS!!! All magic, all the time!
    I would troll her cancelled Xfactor style

X-Corps: A book about various b/c-list x-teams operating around the globe. Leader of the organisation is Banshee, aided by M, Jubilee and Husk at homebase.

Storm and the XSE:

Storm, Psylocke, Gambit, Northstar, Monet, Dazzler, Angel and Sunspot are core cast, Sage is tech support, and every other mutant can be used as needed for specific missions. Think Stormwatch/The Authority from Image. Storm want to change the world for real, no more playing defensively and waiting for things to happen. Go out there and fix it, wherever it needs fixing, by any means necessary!

By day, they are mutant spokesmen, taking the political, business and media worlds by storm! They solve problems that need solving all over the world, using their powers, their wealth and their charm! While maintaining the positive PR public facade, at night they do the dirty work. Their overarching villains are real human Illuminati*not that nonsense with the Avengers. The monied human elite who are trying to hold on to their power in these revolutionary times and resent these mutants trying to sweep everything up with their fantastic powers. They have relationships with the government, business and religious institutions of the world, including the Avengers and Shield, whom they will manipulate through various channels to counter Storm's team.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

I already know I'm going to catch blow back for this but I want the X-ternals. Yes, Gambit's team from Age of Apocalypse, but this world's version. I think the name still fits, since it basis of working 'externally' from the regular hero/villain paradigms, getting done what really needs doing for the sake of others. If PAD is doomed to lose ANXF, then it's sad, but I've been pretty vocal about how he really didn't use any of the characters he had, to really build them up a proper story.It was amusing, and about the only Marvel book I'm still buying, but he didn't really explore or utilize any of the characters beyond Quicksilver(who he knew was only a temporary character) and Georgia(an original no one cared about). This book could pick up after ANXF though, after Serval drops them, Gambit can bankroll the team. The plot would have to revolve around his position as King of Thieves, a great plot point with a wealth of potential, which PAD sadly never really explored, beyond a brief nod in using it as a plot device to bring Danger into the story. In that position, he's set to gather intel and meet threats rising from the underworld all over the world. He'd have an inside track to the dealings of the worst of the worst, from Hydra to Hellfire to Kingpin to Magneto to Doctor Doom. They could even butt heads with the main stream heroes, like the fractured X-men and Avengers over how to handle situations where those high flying groups are too tied up in their own ideals and politics to do the really right thing. I could see fun tie ins with groups like MI13, given the Gambit solo's friendship with Pete Wisdom, X-Force joining them in being that divergent sort of crew, and run ins with S.H.I.E.L.D. and other intelligence agencies they could both compete and ally with at times. You know you want Hawkeye and Black Widow playing with this group, and they could offer that aid in mutant relations which X-men fail in with S.H.I.E.L.D..

Cast:
    Gambit obviously takes the lead, as the one to form the team to help him deal with the horrors he starts to uncover in his efforts to put the guilds in order around the world, uncovering supervilain ties, advanced weapon smuggling, human trafficking and all that fun stuff, and needing a team to help him sort it all out. Plus, he's a charismatic, intelligent and insightful character, who not enough writers focus enough on. He's best when he's the strategic manipulator who sees the things others don't see, because of a life of thief and mutant. More then anything, he deserves the chance, and he desperately NEEDS a PURPOSE.

Polaris and the rest of the ANXF will need some place to go after that book. PAD has sadly underutilized her so far, and she's just been portrayed as a pawn to Snow plagued by Rage issues. While it may seem like a step down for her leaving the leadership roll, I'd say she really hasn't been allowed to be much of a leader in ANXF anyway. She's more just a controllable middle management employee to Snow. In X-ternals though she could really shine. As Second in command, she would still have a lead position, and her sheer power and intimidating fury can make her a great enforcer and strong support to Gambit, while gaining her own right to evolve as an antithesis to her Father, being a real damn hero others can believe in for once.

Doug Ramsey has been even more ignored in ANXF so far, but in X-ternals he could have a seriously important role as a strategist and investigator, helping piece through all the underworld contacts, villainous plots and computer hacking. With some training from Remy, Doug could even make a great intelligence operative, using his people reading skills to play spy. His ability to multitask and read weaknesses also makes him a prime strategist for the team. And Remy could wingman for him to help him with girls. ^_^

Warlock goes where Doug goes, and I love him as a comedic relief/big muscle character. Nuff said.

Danger goes where Gambit goes, and like Doug and Warlock, she makes for supreme tech support, making a triforce of tech power to help dominate in this modern tech heavy world. She also makes for a a potential spy type like Doug, given her ability to shape shift and create illusions, and her expansive knowledge of behaviorial sciences. Add in her scanning capabilities and ability to change her body to surgical tools or make hard light casts and she becomes a splendid medic/therapist for the team, while her morphing abilities and hard light projections make her a battle field control and powerhouse for the team.

X-23 I don't think would be allowed onto such a low profile team by Marvel, but really, she could use the escape. Too many look to her to take up her Father's role, but she doesn't have the age or experience to be Wolverine. But she could be the Wolverine for this team; that feral heart who is both fighting her nature and seeking redemption.She's a trained spy and assassin to fit in with the underworld ideal of the team, while adding a ferocious melee component in battle. She'd be a big fan draw for the book, and it would give her a place to develop apart from the shadow of Wolverine the X-men put her in, while also rekindling her friendship with Gambit, who was one of the first people to help her come out of her shell. It would make sense for her to find refuge on his team after Logan's death, and try to make a difference in her own way. Plus, I think her and Doug could be a cute couple. ^_^

Psylocke would make a great psychic for the team, and again, fits the cloak and dagger feel for the team with her ninja ways. Like X-23 though, I don't think they'd let her be in this book, but she's rather underutilized in X-men, just sort of hanging around the all female team, while her love life has been lazing around with a holographic lover in the danger room. I think it would be fun to have her flirting with Remy, which makes a sensational love triangle with Lorna. Or could be that one to teach Danger about human lovin'. Hehe

Nightcrawler Is one more who likely would not be allowed in this comic, but with the low sales on his solo, it might be a good place to slip him over. He's been out of sorts with the X-men since coming back anyway, and like X-23, with the death of Wolverine, could use a change of pace perhaps. He fills the need for a teleporter, and nifty swashbuckler, while also rounding out the accents with Gambit. He'd also make for an ideal voice of wisdom, fulfilling a 'chaplain' type roll, while also just fun to have around. ^_^

That would be the core group, but I could see a lot of additions, like investigating the Thieve's guilds for some original characters, having a rival/ally relationship with Mystique and swapping and guest starring members of the X-books and beyond on case by case basis. The X-ternals could be one of those great books where heroes from all over Marvel pop in just to make a difference, or escape the politics bogging down the rest of MU.

I'd give the project to Asmus. He did amazing with the Gambit solo which inspires this team with the King of Thieves angle, and he has a knack for making it all fun and exciting. Unlike the Gambit solo though, it would need to have support from Marvel, in promotions and tie ins to actually draw in more readers. Cause it would not just be a Gambit book, which I know many of them don't favor, it would be a place to give lot of characters who fall through the cracks a chance to shine.
    Last edited by kumiho; 10-06-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Not my ideal X-Book, but just a random idea.

X-Men.exe
    In a sort of mash between Avengers AI and X-Club. A group of Technologically gifted and skilled X-Men join together to combat a series of digital, technological, robotic and virtual threats.
    Threats that can't simply be solved by punches, blasts, lightning and snikts.

Sage - Tessa serves as a team leader/strategist in the same sort of capacity as she did in her Excalibur. Her snarky personality prevails and she develops a good back and forth repertoire with Madison.
    Madison Jefferies - Much the same role as he had in X-Club, though is upset that Danger doesn't seem to remember him.
    Danger - Her Hardlight Holographic projections and Her relationship with Warlock and prior relationship with Box comes into play.
    Warlock - Alien living technology, heart of the team. His ongoing relationship with Danger causes him to drift away from Doug and becomes Jealous of Doug's reignited friendship with Kitty.
    Cypher - Doug is the master of programming, hacking, software and all languages.
    Kitty Pryde - Kitty brings her hardware skills to the table and also her phasing power can handle the majority of tech enemies they face.

Cameos by:
    Dr.Nemesis, Beast, Forge and Karima Shapandar.

XSE
    Storm - Leader
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Nightcrawler
    Bishop - to continue his redemption arc
    Psylocke
    Spiral - Team teleporter and to deal with Mojo casting her out
    Sage

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Kitty Pryde (intangibility, for group if needed, tech disruption/genius, leadership)
    Magik (magic/transportation, "dark" character)
    Rachel (TP/TK, love her, rounds out ladies group)
    Sebastian Shaw (bruiser/tactician, arrogance/financial backing)
    Quicksilver (speedster, arrogance, ties to Inhumans/Avengers)
    AoA Sabretooth (bruiser/savage-type) w/Wild Child of course
    Destiny (precognition, motherly-type)
    Bishop (energy absorption/redirection, curmudgeon, redemption)
    Forge (inventor/mechanic-completely underrated, magic back-up)
    Scarlet Witch (magic/probability altering, redemption)

Avoids the Schism, has a Wolverine-type without having the burden of Wolverine and his baggage, grabs some characters from limbo with potential, rounded out power-set, redemption angle for both Bishop and Wanda, the brother/sister relationship too long ignored in the comics between Wanda & Pietro, and best of all the three best friends taking charge to lead their own team. I know bringing back Destiny is blasphemy with her diaries and the Mystique angle, but I'm willing to blaspheme for good comics.
    I stopped going further in this thread right here. YOU. WIN.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fifolet View Post
    There's one book i would like to read, if written halfway decent, instead of some of the currently published in the x-corner of MU, and that's a x-teen/students book.

I would probably named it X-Waves or simply Generations.

The cast would focus on the newer generations of characters from New Mutants, Generation X, to the New X-Men and even some of Aaron's freak show creations so not to completely dismiss those issues people paid money for.

The premise would be to touch on how these characters from different times interact and regard each other in view of their different experiences in both the events they gone through and how they're treated by the x-men proper.
    It would be those characters stories with the x-men being the occasional guest star and not the other way around. Develop these characters. There's so much untapped potential there. I rather read a fresh story about a character like Loa than yet another story about yet another version of cyclops, iceman, beast or whatever overused character.

As for creative teams, which is fundamentally important, there are two ways to go about this:
    1. Use the title to give a shot to different writers and artists to come up with stuff that has little space in the current editorial mandated ongoing storylines. It could follow all sorts of different story formats. Single issue stories focusing on a particular character or theme, or small story arcs.
    2. Stick with a regular creative team. In this case the choice must be carefully considered. The writer must be mindful of previous stories and developments even if he has a huge latitude to create. If he could come up with interesting stuff for these characters, Wood could be a decent choice. The only parts that didn't bore me to tears from his recent X-men run were the students.
    As for the artist - Clay Mann. It's a no brainer. He does these characters better than anyone else i've seen do in recent times. They look like proper teens or young adult characters and absolutely cool.
    Yes, I want to read this series.

X-Space.

Cast:
    Cyclops
    Cable
    Hope
    Bishop
    Dr.Nemesis
    Danger
    More to Come

Recurring-charas.:
    The Starjammers

Synopsis: Space has been hailed as the final frontier. For mutantkind, this might be true. With conditions worsening for mutants on Earth, the x-men must make way for their last resort: escaping from the Earth. A last ditch effort with a low chance of success, a team of X-men must traverse the Cosmic side of Marvel and find a new home. But with the dangers of the avaricious Badoon, the shaky relationship of the Shi'ar, and the general bad guys hiding in the dark, can this team find the right party or are mutants stuck between a rock and a hard place?

Most wanted creative team:
    Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning (W), Sean Chen (A)
    Greg Rucka (W), Carmen Camero and Terry Pallot (A)
    Last edited by AJpyro; 10-04-2014 at 05:19 PM.