Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Ultron Forever" Event To Assemble Time-Traveling Avengers Team

Al Ewing and Alan Davis mash up modern heroes with future Avengers in order to face the team's most deadly foe -- Ultron.

Full article here.

Wow, Danielle Cage went from such a cute little kid to such an ugly super-heroine. And am I sense that familial shrewness in her? That said, it's a rip-off of Avengers Forever, however, they couldn't have picked a better creative team to do it. Ewin and Davis for the win. And I love theses kind of adventures. Can't wait for the TPB.

Peace

You got me at "Al Ewing".
    Then you got me a second time at "Alan Davis".

The creative team alone sold me on this book, but I'm always on board with any time traveling Avengers book. Definately sounds fun.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    That said, it's a rip-off of Avengers Forever ...
    Rip-off or homage? I thought we'd get at least three posts in before someone said this. I was trying not to be cynical today.

I'm intrigued, but the one issue of Mighty Avengers I read left me kind of cold on Ewing.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Looks like this is the latest of those extended 3 in 1 annual stories they've done in the past like Escape from the Negative Zone and Arms of the Octopus. Does seem like this could have picked a better time to appear though given that time travel and multiverse stuff is gonna be everywhere in Marvel by this point. Ultron seems to be more tie to time travel than Kang now.

Still, interesting team! Hulk, Thor and James Rhodes as Iron Man from the past, Vision, Black Widow and Female Thor from the present, and what I assume is a black female Cap and a blonde Scarlet Witch from a possible future?

EDIT: Ohhh, Dani as Cap, I like that idea!

EDIT 2: Also realise 'Blonde Scarlet Witch' is actually Female Thor, doh.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 11-26-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Wow Fem-Thor barely made the cover.

And I wish they would have used the Joe Fixit version of the Hulk.

But this looks like fun.

I love some time travelling avenger teams. I'm definitely in.

Mighty Member

Why does someone with bulletproof skin need a shield?

Where is it said that the female Cap is Danielle Cage?
    edit: NVM, I forgot to refresh the article

Also, is that glass bones Thor from Simonson's run?

"Growing up, I didn't particularly care who Tony Stark was -- it was Jim Rhodes, this guy who was with the rest of the superheroes on this little alien planet fighting each other," Ewing said, recounting the events of 1984's "Secret Wars." "So yeah, I do kind of want to have him back in the red and yellow, because it's a nice nostalgic thing for me, and it'll be good for a bunch of readers who remember that whole era."
    Ha! Same here! When I got into comics, Iron Man was a black dude and Tony Stark was a homeless drunk.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 11-26-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Also really, ANOTHER reality where Ultron won? How many places has that darn machine took over?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Rip-off or homage? I thought we'd get at least three posts in before someone said this. I was trying not to be cynical today.

I'm intrigued, but the one issue of Mighty Avengers I read left me kind of cold on Ewing.
    Was it the first issue of Captain America and the Mighty Avengers? Because I wasn't a fan either, but I loved the last volume so much that Ewing has built up enough good will for me try anything with his name on it. Plus, its clear from his stories that he's a true fan of the characters so something with this level of nostalgia seems like something he would excel at.

Throw in Alan Davis and now I want to heat this mini up over a rusty spoon.

Also, LOVE the idea of Danielle Cage as Captain America. I think its perfect and hopefully they run with in the future.

BANNED

I wonder if this connects back to Ewing's Captain America and the Mighty Avengers series or the upcoming Secret Wars event when it's over or even both ?

All I know is that we're in for a fun ride if Al Ewing's writing this and his Marvel work is both fun and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Why does someone with bulletproof skin need a shield?
    As a long range attack option.
    As a defense against god-like strength attacks.
    As a defense against energy based weapons.
    As a symbol for what she stands for.

Ah, a throwback at Avengers Forever, though I'm a bit disappointed in the team roster. I mean, Avengers Forever actually was grabbing some unexpected characters like Gennis Vell, Songbird and Two Hank Pyms. This just seems to be the Movie Avengers with Luke Cage's daughter as Captain America. If Luke Cage's Daughter had her own identity and not another Captain America and a few of the other names were changed out for more obscure Avengers, it would have been a more interesting lineup.

But right now, it's just another Avengers team that reflects the older era. They really need to mix it up.