Amazing Member Prince Disarming's Avatar

Default What comics aren't plagued by decompression?

I am getting sick of buying comics only to find that they contain hardly any story within. It seems like a lot of writers are writing to the trade and the monthlies suffer because of this. If I'm going to keep buying monthlies I need some good series that contain more condensed writing. I need monthlies that feel like they contain enough story to justify their ever increasing prices. Do you lovely people have any suggestions for something that would fit this bill? Just as examples I consider Pretty Deadly and Thor: The Mighty Avenger to be great examples of high quality compressed series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Disarming View Post
    I am getting sick of buying comics only to find that they contain hardly any story within. It seems like a lot of writers are writing to the trade and the monthlies suffer because of this. If I'm going to keep buying monthlies I need some good series that contain more condensed writing. I need monthlies that feel like they contain enough story to justify their ever increasing prices. Do you lovely people have any suggestions for something that would fit this bill? Just as examples I consider Pretty Deadly and Thor: The Mighty Avenger to be great examples of high quality compressed series.
    I don't even bother with monthlies anymore, just trades.

BANNED

Check out some Silver Age collections. They're so compressed sometimes you can barely tell what's going on. I've read some where the graphic storytelling is so truncated it makes no sense and they rely heavily on word balloons and captions to make up for it.

BANNED

ha, those of us who had th misfortune of reading the new Cap America debut will never forget the ONE WEEK LATER sentence that took one whole page.

Creator owned book are the places to go, just one example in 3 issues of Jupiter Legacy you get a lot plot and action , its like 12 issues of one tittle of the big 2