Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Kreisberg & Sokolowski Talk Bringing Felicity and More TV Touches to "Green Arrow"

Andrew Kreisberg & Ben Sokolowski discuss introducing "Arrow" elements to the DC Universe in their run on the "Green Arrow" comic book.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

Well, crap. I love the show, so I read the article out of mild interest. After I finished, I said, "Well, I've got 15 minutes left on my break, there isn't anything else to do" so I downloaded the comic on my phone and read it.

Now I have another stupid comic on my pull list.

I couldn't read the dialogue without hearing the actors from the show--if you like the show, you'll like the comic.

On a separate note, how many things are these guys doing at once??!!

Looks like they are bringing back Speedy II.

Pretty stupid to get rid of one IT girl for another one and an existing actual blood relative of the hero for a version of a character who won't be anything like pre n52 version..From what i've seen on Arrow ,Felicity is basically a ripoff of Oracle Babs but nowhere near as good or charming..They also write every female character pretty poorly on the show

Interesting interview, thanks.

I liked this:

" Her and Dig, because we're so proud of those characters, and they feel like such a great extension of Oliver Queen, that they've gone back into the comics, and if they become mainstays -- I think the proudest thing we would feel is if the next artists of writers who pick up the book say, "You know what, 'Green Arrow' really feels right if John Diggle is his bodyguard, and Felicity Smoak is his right-hand woman." And having that page be, "Hi, I'm Felicity Smoak, I was hired to kill you" -- we had that idea before we even knew what anything else was about."

And the bit about Green Arrow not having the best rogue gallery out there, and finding that difficult was interesting.

I realize i'm a broken record on this, have said it again and again to where it's annoying [the topic has been discussed in 3 different threads now, however] but it's the art that's holding it back for me... the Felicity in that preview page from the interview doesn't connect me in anyway to the Felicity that i love so much on the series.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-02-2014 at 04:18 PM.

I love having Diggle and Felicity show up in the comic books, they're probably the best part of the show and now the character just doesn't feel right without them in the picture. Really intrigued about their new take on Felicity.

Wish they had touched on Mia Dearden in the interview, though. Her introduction was a big surprise for me, she was the last character I expected them to introduce.

It's just what I've always wanted! A comic that's based on the show that's based on the comic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    It's just what I've always wanted! A comic that's based on the show that's based on the comic.
    The sweet irony of today's worlds my friend.

I'm not that interested even though I agree with the difference between the show and comic's version of Green Arrow I'm not just hooked on it. I'm trade waiting anyway so I can wait and see what reactions people has to it. I'm have not been so hooked on the show but I do find it OK.

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    You mean like Batman Adventure?

Which was a comic based on show which was based on the comics. Batman Adventures then inspired the show to do episodes (like the Harley Quinn origin).

I'll give it a chance, but it is gonna be awfully hard to top the Lemire/Sorrentino run for me. The idea of bringing Arrow concepts over to the New 52 just doesn't excite me as much as building up something that's totally bold and new for the character like we got from the previous arcs.

Amazing Member

I canceled my subscriptions. The shipper pandering between these two is so over the top when it comes to the show and, considering Felicity is mentioned, like, 25 times in this interview, I see it's happening with the comics too. So, I'm done. And that's really disappointing. It's a shame Naomi, Fyff, and Emiko are gone, apparently. Hopefully a new writer takes over at some point and we can pretend this stuff never happened.

Yep, dropped this book from my pull list the second Lemire and Sorrentino left which is a shame because they've worked Green Arrow into one of my favourite DC Characters (and favourite series). At least I'll get to read a Lemire-written Ollie in JLU, but it just won't be the same. Also I'm slightly pissed off to see Naomi, Fyff and Emiko absent from this series, which was the final nail in the coffin for me. All of them are brilliant characters and it's dissapointing to see that Kriesberg is seemingly going to be ignoring them altogether in favour of Felicity, who whilst has some occasional decent moments on the show, suffers from (like mentioned above) being a weaker version of Oracle.

Also, go and buy Gotham Academy instead if you're looking for a replacement book. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Yep, dropped this book from my pull list the second Lemire and Sorrentino left which is a shame because they've worked Green Arrow into one of my favourite DC Characters (and favourite series). At least I'll get to read a Lemire-written Ollie in JLU, but it just won't be the same. Also I'm slightly pissed off to see Naomi, Fyff and Emiko absent from this series, which was the final nail in the coffin for me. All of them are brilliant characters and it's dissapointing to see that Kriesberg is seemingly going to be ignoring them altogether in favour of Felicity, who whilst has some occasional decent moments on the show, suffers from (like mentioned above) being a weaker version of Oracle.

Also, go and buy Gotham Academy instead if you're looking for a replacement book. It's awesome.
    Gotham Academy was great..Also kudos on the PoI avatar..That is one superb show.A Batman show without the costume and more sci fi elements.

I canceled my subscriptions. The shipper pandering between these two is so over the top when it comes to the show and, considering Felicity is mentioned, like, 25 times in this interview, I see it's happening with the comics too. So, I'm done. And that's really disappointing. It's a shame Naomi, Fyff, and Emiko are gone, apparently. Hopefully a new writer takes over at some point and we can pretend this stuff never happened.
    You counted? lol, and getting rid of the other character as soon as they introduce their Felicity pet?.
    So they are not even going to pretend to be about anything else.
    Last edited by HunterX; 10-03-2014 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    You counted? lol, and getting rid of the other character as soon as they introduce their Felicity pet?.
    So they are not even going to pretend to be about anything else.
    I think he would have just searched the word felicity on the page.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol